Default SotD Thursday 14 December

Another day in Hiris.

Have a t'riffic Thursday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 14 December

Black Cashmere for me.

17 degrees, rainy.
    Jicky by Guerlain. I am wearing a black sweater and pin-stripped pants today with my hair tied into a ponytail, it makes me feel like a college student again!

Wearing Infini by Caron after work.
    Last edited by Coconut; 14th December 2006 at 11:28 AM.

armani mania
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

I woke up tonight with the distinct scent of sweet honey in my nose. It turned out that yesterdays Fumerie Turque had changed from Smokey Bear into Winnie the Pooh with his head in a jar of 'hunny' (are you listening TaoBear? Hunny!!)

I think I am going to love FT

For today another beauty: Vetiver Oriental. Exclusive Range but also released in 2004 as a limited Export Edition. Maybe some shop somewhere out there will still have one or two bottles in stock.

Remarkably short list of notes (waves and thanks to Bela):

Vetiver, Sandalwood, Iris, Licorice

And Serge has hidden that Iris and Licorice very, very well in opinion.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The candied rind of the Apothia trio, soon to be washed off. These will be replaced with Bond No. 9 West Side for a short trip to Sephora: the end of the holiday shopping is nigh.

(Have heard jungle drums that I am to receive a "small check." I already have visions of sugarplum perfumes dancing in my head, fragrant fairies waving vanilla-sparkle dust in the direction of Luckyscent.)

Had I any sense, I'd invest in some more moisturizer instead, but I have been eyeballing a couple of Lucky items and am at the moment suffering that perilous occupation of not being able to make up my silly mind.

Eau de Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet
    Wishlist is pointless.

Art of Perfumery No 6. I think I like it, but it's way to subtle on my skin to really smell it.

Hermès - Concentré D'Orange Verte

Today I feel like dress up a bit Trouble today

Today I´ve been spraying a bit at our local perfume store; Laguna, Mat;, Eau de Ruby Lips, Due (Laura Biagiotti), L´Air du Temps...

(Bought Laguna, FYI)

After a nice warm I will put on Obsession.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I bought Mat; too. WHY, oh WHY?
    Last edited by musse; 14th December 2006 at 11:55 AM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I'm wearing Chergui today.

Riannon, could you post a link to Bela's SL page? I used to have it, but it doesn't work any longer. I find I used that a lot ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

NR for Her
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Google "Nearly All The Facts" for SL info. I don't know about Bela, but I used to hit this page often.

Today, it seems soooooo early at 6:15 am, cold and foggy. I am all for a hot shower! Then I plan a cozy day of overdue paperwork, forms, and bills. Yowza! Encens et Lavande is also on my agenda.

AoP isn't working for me, so I switched to my decant of Angelique Encens. It's the second time for me, first time was a disappointment. Today, I have a love at second sniff for this beautiful fragrance!

The candied rind of the Apothia trio, soon to be washed off.....
    I'm so glad you said this Miz Quarry 'cause that's what I got on the first whiff of L this ayem and it's not mentioned in the notes. I get the violets and some musk but not the Orris. Nice enough...and stunning presentation of samples. We'll see how it lasts.

Yesterday's Ineke After my Own Heart faded after about a half hour but then another half hour or so later came roaring back and settled in for the whole day! Ahhh! The mysterious world of nose candy!

Hunny? Did someone say Hunny?? :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hermes Rouge.

Parfum Sacre for me. Warm, lemony, and the most gorgeous vanilla.
    I got the L and If samples from Aphthia, but no Velvet Rope. Where are we supposed to post about these fragrances?

Chanel Cuir de Russie Worst blind buy to date!

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu
    I'm wearing Chergui today.

Riannon, could you post a link to Bela's SL page? I used to have it, but it doesn't work any longer. I find I used that a lot ...
    I sent you a PM with the link. I don't know if I am allowed to post it here on the board, so..
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Romance Silver
    Gary

Testing Damien Bash Lucifer #3 thanks to supermarky.

Lucifer No. 3 Fragrance notes:
    Ylang-Ylang, Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Elemi, Labdanum

It's about 50 degrees, going up to 60 (!) here in NYC today, and might rain. This scent is warm and somehow wet (maybe the ylang-ylang). I am getting a white tea note too. A nice skin scent. I don't get any darkness off this one as some of the reviews suggest. It's a spicy floral on me.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I'm wearing Ange ou Démon and I'm totally smitten by it!

Top Notes: White thyme, Mandarin from Calabria and Essence of Saffron
    Middle Notes: Maxillaria orchid, Lily, Ylang Ylang
    Base Notes: Tonka bean, Vanilla, Rosewood, Oak wood absolute

DH is wearing Ocean Pacific
    Top Notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Cypress
    Middle Notes: Cedarwood, Vetiver, Jasmine, Lotus Blossom
    Base Notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Amber, Musk, Leather
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Recieved a whole new batch of smellies last night! Tried 1010 Corso Como, Mandarine Mandarin, Rahat Loukhoum, Feminite du Bois, Nuit de Noel Parfum all at the same time! Today I'm doing a real test of Rahat Loukhoum today. It goes very well with the cherry cupcakes that I made last night. I practically ran from the metro to work today, as I was quite late, and it seems to have muted the scent considerably. Also brought out the dreaded 'cat pee' scent that I get from quite a few Lutens' briefly. Now that my skin has cooled down a bit after my sprint the 'cat pee' is gone again and we're back to yummy.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    changed from Smokey Bear into Winnie the Pooh
    Brilliant imagery as always from Riannon. And I'm impressed that you know his proper name is not Smokey THE Bear (which I learned last week).

After reading Alicka61's question about Terracotta Voile d'Ete, I applied that for my SoTD.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cristobal bodylotion fot the day. This one is glimmering quite a bit, and I don´t like that for work, so I puted some JojobaOil above. The glimmering didn´t show any more, and the scent was really prolonged by the layer with the oil, so JojobaOil is good for bodylotions, too!

Prada EdP for the eve. This is a little difficult frag. You can put on too much, and it will become horrible. And it also matters how far away you hold the bottle when you spray it. It turns out more gentle the farer away you hold the bottle... None of my other scents, except Aromatics Elixir, are this difficult, but I love Prada anyhow!
    Last edited by Margareta; 14th December 2006 at 05:36 PM.

I'm wearing the last of my sample of Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle. Since I'm an AP fan, I like Eau Emotionelle a lot, but since it's so close to AP I've been waffling about buying a decant (I usually work my way up from samples to decants to bottles. There aren't many I buy in bottle form straight away).
    I really think I'm going to take the plunge, as Eau Emotionelle works for me in daytime, whereas Agent Provocateur is strictly evening for me.

Thanks to our dearest T, I'm wearing Dzongkha today. Everything has been already said and written about this scent, so I will only add the mood it put me in: serenity.
    Top note: Peonies, Cardamom, Lychee
    Heart notes: Chai Tea, Incense, Cedar, Vetiver
    Base notes: Leather, Cypriol, Iris.
    Not a scent for the office, I will save it for when I need to re-balance my spirit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I wore Prada today, and loved it... that sweet, comforting benzoin-patchouli aroma kept floating up at me and making me happy all day long.

For evening, I'm sampling Apothia's Velvet Rope. I like it more than I thought I would... I don't love it, but it's not a scrubber, and I find that I'm pleasantly intrigued by the juniper/vanilla combo. But, like L, it has something sharp, high-pitched and vaguely queasy in it; I think, in the case of L, it was a combination of iris and violet leaf tht put me off my lunch, but I'm hard-pressed to say what is going wrong with Velvet.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Hello all you sexy things! I've been going crazy here toward the end of my semester, finishing up exams and projects. No time today for fragrance, just had to hit the floor running this morning.

Tonight...I'm wearing Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure, and I am loving its jasminey loveliness. Have a great evening!

Cabotine

[I] had no idea what to wear today..eventually I hit the Marshalls and TJ Maxx and came away smelling of Rykiel Woman and /some Ellen Tracy thing

Stella

Now I am wearing Nuit de Noel for my bedtime frag. And eating a cherry cupcake. NdN doesn't go as well with the cupcake as my earlier frag, Rahat Loukoum, did but it's not bad. Not bad at all. I'm really loving the dry down of this. Yay! Another to add to my ever growing list.