Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Frags as a Wedding Gift???

My cousin is getting married next month and instead of giving him money, I was thinking of getting him and his wife each a Creed frag as a gift. I was thinking of giving him Himalaya and the wife Love in White. You guys think its a good idea? Please be honest. Thnx.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Frags as a Wedding Gift???

does he wear cologne? if so, what? I guess Creed's a pretty good bet, as there are few who hate the stuff, and some who can recognize the high-end-nesss. But giving frags as gifts is a suprememly dicey affair. This may, actually, be an advantage Creed has, as them fancy flacon's look mighty classy on the dresser, even if never sprayed. Please get them 4.2 oz though, I hate the proportions on the 2.5 bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great idea. Joel makes a good point that a fragrance gift for a wedding might be dicey, and there's no certain way of knowing how much they'll like the scents, but that's pretty much true with any non-registered/non-requested gift. Maybe someone will like the metal sculpture I'm giving him as a gift, maybe not. Chance we take. Fragrance has something strong in its favor though, and that is that the recipient might just start wearing it because "thats what you do and that's what the stuff is for." Then, he/she might come to like it, seeing it as an identity scent. I've been initially neutral on dozens of scents but come to like them because I put myself in them for a while and they then start to feel like me and I love 'em. That's the magic you've got to count on when you give a fragrance, and it is a good and probable magic too.

My old girlfriend and I were going to give a marrying couple of her friends a great scent that would be fantastic on either/both of them. Too bad for the story that the GF and I broke up before we had a chance to do this though.

I think your gift idea is a fantastic one.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think that the two most popular and liked are MI and GIT. I think either one will be liked by the Groom. It's hard to measure the taste of some people's olfactory so choosing a fragrance gift might be tricky. Now, that I look everyone is saying the same thing.

I still think that if you do this then GIT would be the best choice. It is the most universal of the scents for people who are not too into them. They can wear a scent like this all year round. I know many who wear a fresh scent like this all year. GIT is the safe way to go, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I think that the two most popular and liked are MI and GIT. I think either one will be liked by the Groom. It's hard to measure the taste of some people's olfactory so choosing a fragrance gift might be tricky. Now, that I look everyone is saying the same thing.

I still think that if you do this then GIT would be the best choice. It is the most universal of the scents for people who are not too into them. They can wear a scent like this all year round. I know many who wear a fresh scent like this all year. GIT is the safe way to go, IMO.
    Agreed! I don't think anyone would be offended by MI or GIT. Perhaps GIT for the groom and MI for the bride?

Post Thanks / Like

I go along with everyone else's caveats here, but Love in White seems an entirely appropriate bride gift.

Post Thanks / Like

I say give them a limited edition fragrance - thats more special.

I can't recommend Creed's current limited edition fragrance Royal Ceylan, but you can try it yourself and see what you think of it. Love in White (fresh floral) is an excellent choice though - its not as heady and suffocating as florals usually are .

Other limited editions you may want to look into :

L'Artisan Fleur De Narcisse
    http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1882

Tom Ford Black Orchid
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...d=prod36080006

Creed Royal Ceylan
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...d=prod37140092
    -