Code of Conduct

Thread: Alien

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Alien

I've heard a lot of bad and good hype about TM Alien, so I finally got around to trying it on a sample card. I was surprised to find that it smells exactly like a flowering tree that grows where I live in Australia, so much so that I'm convinced this flower was the inspiration.

(I don't know its name, but it is a low tree or bush which has two-lobed, almost heart-shaped leaves, and also produces 7 inch seedpods; the flowers are large and orchid-like and come in white, magenta or purple. If anyone can identify the plant that would be great!)

It happens to be one of my favorite flowers, so after I test Alien on my skin I might even buy a bottle. I can't see where people are getting "bug spray" - it's purely floral to me. The sample card lasted for days, perfuming everything else in my bag, which is a good sign - I'm a poor student right now, so I need a bottle that will last a while!

Default Re: Alien

I ordered some samples the other day. Intrigued at what's been written but it's a blind buy. I will report back after they've arrived!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally love Alien. It is very floral, and does last for days. I can see where people do get the 'bug spray' impression from, there is definitely a very odd note to this that smells quite chemically. But i absolutely love it all the same.

Tommy x

I also love Alien - without ever intending to! Its not something I'd wear myself and I also recognize that 'chemical' note in it but I still just love sniffing the stuff, its very unusual and intriguing.

Count me in as a lover of Alien as well. I bought a bottle while on my honeymoon, (that was one of several bottles I bought), but I think of it as one of my favorite buys from that trip. Alien is just gorgeous and on skin smells only better when compared to the test-strip. I hope you like mochi227!

When I first tested it, there was something there that was reminiscent of the original Poison, but Iíve never had that impression of it since. I like Poison, donít get me wrong, but had Alien been more like it I probably would not have been as comfortable or eager to wear it.

Alien rocks!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I'm in, too. I think Alien is brilliant stuff. It is not the type of scent I would ordinarily go for because it's so bold and extraverted, but there's something about it - that weird note, the florals, the way it evolves on the skin into something really quite nice. It has surprises in it, and I love that.

Wink Re: Alien

I can tell you, I've never seen a bottle half as interesting.

testing Alien tonight and I love it! it smells purple jammy fruity and floral. i look forward to wearing it again. it is unfolding in really interesting way!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Count me in.

I bought Alien last week. Blind Buy. I was impressed with the bottle. Didn't care much about the bug spray / cough syrup reviews. I got a real good deal at Ebay. At first it smelled like some weird chemical on sniffing the bottle but as i sprayed some on my wrist it morphed into something very warm and sweet and just delicious without shouting. do you feel me? My boyfriend thinks it smells like Poison. I don't think so. It is strong but not as loud as Poison is. It's a good buy. One of my best blind buys.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by ninamichaela
    Count me in.

I bought Alien last week. Blind Buy. I was impressed with the bottle. Didn't care much about the bug spray / cough syrup reviews. I got a real good deal at Ebay. At first it smelled like some weird chemical on sniffing the bottle but as i sprayed some on my wrist it morphed into something very warm and sweet and just delicious without shouting. do you feel me? My boyfriend thinks it smells like Poison. I don't think so. It is strong but not as loud as Poison is. It's a good buy. One of my best blind buys.
    I love Alien, but the funny thing is that the very first time I smelled it I too got Poison. The 2nd time I tried it I didn't smell Poison, and now I love it... even though I like Poison too, it just isn't in Alien for me anymore.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

I am a huge fan of Angel, but I don't like Alien. I gave my bottle away to a friend after it languished on my swaplist for weeks.