Code of Conduct

Default Yves Rocher Fragrance Order Arrives!

My order arrived yesterday of two scent that struck my attention in their book.

First was Voile d' Ambre - discribed as a blend of Manarin, Cardamon, Myrrh, Insence, Opopanax. Vanilla, Patchouli, and Australian Sandalwood. Its geared as a women's scent but those notes just struck my attention that I had to try it. It a very ambery scent very much trying to follow in the shoes of Prada. If you like rich oriental that are spicy woody semi sweet this is it. Great sillage and lasting ability.

2nd was the fragrance called Hoggar - discribed as a ultra-masculine oriental woody scent. The scent based on the shifting dunes and winds of the desert. Just this discription made me think of the planet Arrakis for Dune. Personally I really like this scent. When I first sprayed it I picked up a Pi carbon copy - but then it changes to much more woodier then Pi and instead of the intense sweetness it has more of a intense amber tones. Again good sillage and lasting ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yves Rocher Fragrance Order Arrives!

Plus Voile d'Ambre last forever on the skin, even thru a shower. It could easily be marketed as unisex.
    Great ancillaries too: lotion and shower gel. The packaging is beautiful but a pain to use.
    And leave us not forget about the price.....nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoggar is the first Yves Rocher fragrance I ever bought. It's a nice, easy to wear oriental. And at this price, it is an incredible deal.

After reading this, I think I'll give Voile d'Ambre a shot. I have my YR catalog at work (I use their shampoo, deoderant, and shower gel) and may throw in some V d'A as a little stocking stuffer for myself
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

nearfantastica

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    My order arrived yesterday of two scent that struck my attention in their book.

First was Voile d' Ambre - discribed as a blend of Manarin, Cardamon, Myrrh, Insence, Opopanax. Vanilla, Patchouli, and Australian Sandalwood. Its geared as a women's scent but those notes just struck my attention that I had to try it. It a very ambery scent very much trying to follow in the shoes of Prada. If you like rich oriental that are spicy woody semi sweet this is it. Great sillage and lasting ability.

2nd was the fragrance called Hoggar - discribed as a ultra-masculine oriental woody scent. The scent based on the shifting dunes and winds of the desert. Just this discription made me think of the planet Arrakis for Dune. Personally I really like this scent. When I first sprayed it I picked up a Pi carbon copy - but then it changes to much more woodier then Pi and instead of the intense sweetness it has more of a intense amber tones. Again good sillage and lasting ability.
    Interesting assessments. I found Hoggar to be a really pleasant oriental, with a tonka base sweetness that was quite inviting. Reminds me a bit of a milkier version of Boss Soul.

Voile d'Ambre essentially smells like a Shalimar or Samsaraclone to me (I can't remember which of the two it reminded me of at the time) Good fragrance,, great longevity.... but certainly something I've smelled before.

Tel Quel is the one I hope they'd bring back!

a.