Code of Conduct

Default TGIF!!! SotD Friday 15 December

Yet another day in Hiris.

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: TGIF!!! SotD Friday 15 December

TGIF, rainy, 17 degrees.

Another Guerlain day with Vol de Nuit. Thanks Tink!
    This is a timeless masterpiece. I love the oakmoss and name of this fragrance.

Chrystal Noir bodylotion for today.

just in yesterday - blindbuying again.

thierry mugler's alien

Top note : Sambac Jasmine

Middle note : Cashmeran, Solar Not

Base note : White Amber

i seem to like it.

amber in gaultier's classique i can't take at all. but alien amber is very soft and whispering.

i need more time with alien to discuss my feelings bout it really.
    one day is not enough.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

This is the sixth day of wearing Lutens, and nothing but Lutens. And I never thought I would ever utter this blasphemy: I am a bit fed up with him
    I know: I am a unfaithful woman, scentwise spoken, but if even Serge can't keep me spellbound for only one week...

Is it possible that they all share a certain note (like the famous Guerlinade) that makes you feel that you are on an overdose?
    Maybe there is another BN member willing to live on a ''strictly Serge' diet for a week? Just to compare experiences? Might be a great experiment!

Ah, luxury problem, stop moaning woman!! (and certainly no trip to the mall to splash on some Paris Hilton or J Lo. Remarkable: somehow this thought becomes suddenly very appealing )

Today Encens et Lavande, and although I love her beautiful tranquility, I will pay my 'mistress' Angelique Encens a secret visit. Just to sniff her from the bottle, mind you.

Notes from Bela again :

Lavender, Incense, Vegetable amber, Sage
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Heh. Are you ready?

Organza Indecence
    Escentric 01
    Regina Harris Amber Vanilla
    Passage d'Enfer

And to add insult to injury, I am sniffing about for my sample of Alamut EDT. Perhaps it is a good thing that I cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    Heh. Are you ready?

Organza Indecence
    Escentric 01
    Regina Harris Amber Vanilla
    Passage d'Enfer

And to add insult to injury, I am sniffing about for my sample of Alamut EDT. Perhaps it is a good thing that I cannot find it.
    Right, I still love you but....this is very cruel

I have similar problem with my Guerlain. If the fellow basenoters have been checking out on my last 5 daily sotd posts, you would have realised I have been using Guerlain during the day and visiting something else after the office hour. I am far less disciplined than Riannon. She only planned for a glimpse of Angélique Encens, whereas I should be guilty for my adultery charges. I was visiting my other lovers in the evening.

I have also come to a realization that many of the older Guerlain fragrances have similar qualities in terms of compositions. They smell identical and somehow very oriental except for Champs-Elysees.

I have concluded that there is not a single fragrance house or one particular scent that has kept me faithful. Is this good news or bad news?

Nothing yet. I will be spending a few hours in Stockholm, on my way home from Uppsala, and will be sniffing and spraying there. Also I will finally have my Mona di Orio Carnation ( I bought it last week, but they gave me Lux by mistake,.. bummer ) .. YEEEAAHH ;D

Today is all about Narciso Rodriguez for me

Lille_My, I adore Lux. I would adore it more if it weren't $200.00 for the large size. I love the layers of lemon: lemon oil, lemon cake, lemon custard. And then dust, wood, sunlight, and rose.

Oh, I meant to add, for those BN gals who like this: There is an EL Private Collection giftset out for Christmas, sixty dollars for a full-size lotion and spray (I feel this is EL's finest work). Since this fragrance is making its annual holiday appearance and will soon go back into hibernation for another year, I thought I'd mention it.

I'm wearing Gris Clair this morning.

I sprayed a cautious bit, because I'm planning to change into something new by noon.
    (Could be another Lutens, Riannon, so don't weep )

It's CDG - Dry Clean for me today.
    Wishlist is pointless.

Oh well, how much more can I take, eh? I am caving in Thank you, Lievje

First a shower and then Angelique Encens, followed by Passage d'Enfer, Ambre et Diamant Noir, (glass of whisky), Royal Delight, Tam Dao, Black Cashmere (make that a double whisky), Musc Ravageur, Ysatis, Jicky (waiter: champagne for every BN member please!), every Ava Luxe sample....

Is there someone with a straitjacket? Quite delirious by now. And happy

Serge Lutens week is hereby closed till further notice!

..and another Serge here: Chergui. This week it has been Encens et Lavande, Fumerie Turque and Chergui..and I'm saving up for a FB of Borneo 1834, I think I could be addicted to this...
    Yay, my local Bijenkorf (Arnhem) now has Serges! Bad for my budget..

I´m wearing my beloved Kingdom today. It has been in Texas on vacation for a while, but is now back home with mommy
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

after a night of Espionage and dancing, I am wearing NR for Her, wafting on clouds of prettiness.
    Scent twins with ineespenes!!!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

summer means fireflys

I'm in full assault Angel today: sparkle body powder, spray body oil, and spritzes of EDP!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Changed to Cuir Mauresque, staying faithful to Serge.

My children think it's too strong, but I'm glad I can smell this gorgeous fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lille_my
    Nothing yet. I will be spending a few hours in Stockholm, on my way home from Uppsala, and will be sniffing and spraying there. Also I will finally have my Mona di Orio Carnation ( I bought it last week, but they gave me Lux by mistake,.. bummer ) .. YEEEAAHH ;D
    Have a nice trip, Lille My! Looking forward to reading your sniffing report!

I fell for MdO Carnation, too, maybe some day I'll splurge...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Clinique Wrappings, also one of them seasonal scents, only available for sale this time of a year!

Last night I revisited DK Chaos from a generous sample that one lovely Basenoter sent here. I wish it were more available though, I would have bought a bottle without a doubt. On a funny note: a couple of days ago when I was initially testing it, DH kissed me on the neck and said I smellt good. I showed him a vial with a hand-written label. Imagine his high-arched brows: "There must really be something about the way YOU wear perfumes. Never did Chaps smell so good on me!" :toppie: :bounce:

Have a fabulous Friday, ladies!

Happy Friday!

I'm wearing Chergui this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    This is the sixth day of wearing Lutens, and nothing but Lutens. And I never thought I would ever utter this blasphemy: I am a bit fed up with him
    I know: I am a unfaithful woman, scentwise spoken, but if even Serge can't keep me spellbound for only one week...

Is it possible that they all share a certain note (like the famous Guerlinade) that makes you feel that you are on an overdose?
    Maybe there is another BN member willing to live on a ''strictly Serge' diet for a week? Just to compare experiences? Might be a great experiment!

Ah, luxury problem, stop moaning woman!! (and certainly no trip to the mall to splash on some Paris Hilton or J Lo. Remarkable: somehow this thought becomes suddenly very appealing )

Today Encens et Lavande, and although I love her beautiful tranquility, I will pay my 'mistress' Angelique Encens a secret visit. Just to sniff her from the bottle, mind you.

Notes from Bela again :

Lavender, Incense, Vegetable amber, Sage
    Hi, all --

I'm with Riannon and Coconut in terms of having issues with the Guerlainade, and unfortunately with the exception of Samsara, haven't found a Guerlain I can wear. That "base," for want of a better word, just does not work on my skin. (And the Samsara is odd for me in itself, because in general I can't wear anything with jasmine in it. Hmmm... ). Caron also has what I consider to be a recognizable base to almost all the house's scents.

Anyway, I do find most of SLs creations have a similar note running through them as well (Lutenade?), though Encens et Lavande is one I notice it least in, if at all -- it's of my very, very favorites. I have a tiny bit of Encens et Lavande left in my sample vial, and a friend promising me my very own bottle after visiting her familiy in Paris over the holidays.

So it'll be SL Encens et Lavande for me today, too!

We'll see how long I stay faithful. ;-)

ComDiva

"I'm always true to you darling in my fashion....." (ColePorter)...I think those of us who like to play the field can take comfort in the fact that we are always being true to our Goddess Fragrance -paying homage as it were by visiting her various shrines. (How's that for fancy footwork???!! :bounce:

It's going to the 70s again today and I am greeting this news with Patricia de Nikolai's Haute Provence - all pale lavender and ...rosemary??...and hay??? Lovely soft Sisley or muted Monet - not the hot brilliance of Van Gogh. "Songs of the Auvergne" Heaven!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Ding, ding, wake up and smell the roses. Un Zeste de Rose.

Basenotes Plus

Caron's Farnesiana for me. It's my "feel better" scent.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

All this talk about Guerlains, and this morning my inner-self guided my hand to that
    exquisitely beautiful bottle of Shalimar. I rested my hand on it just for a split-sec
    and knew that today would be THE DAY for it.

I was right I've never enjoyed Shalimar more in my life!

My SotD is Shalimar
    Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Cedar, Lemon
    Middle notes: Patchouli, Jasmine, Rose, Orris
    Base notes: Vanilla, Benzoin, Peru Balsam, Leather

DH is wearing Stile by Sergio Tacchini
    Notes: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Jasmine, Musk, Patchouli...
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 25th December 2006 at 02:54 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

My second time wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid. I'm having a different experience this time; the opening smells to me like a forest floor in fall, when there is still a hint of summer in the air. Decomposing lady's slippers. When I was a kid, I went hiking in the woods a lot. My grammer school was ringed with forest that we'd play in at recess. Here I once met a pink lady's slipper.

The pink lady slipper lures and traps honey bees to reproduce. I can see how "catch and release" would be an apt metaphor for how this frag wears, and what it might do to an on-looker (er, on-smeller?). It lures with its strange, sweet, musky odor, a hint of decomposition. It brings you closer and traps you, then after you have struggled with it, you are free. The frag dries down to something very gentle, sandalwood is the quiet forest floor once the mating dance has ended and stopped kicking up dirt, musk, and other flowers around it.
    Last edited by mochi227; 15th December 2006 at 02:01 PM.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Today I'm wearing Pennhaligon's Elizabethan Rose. I want Un Zest de Rose, too!

Wah! Too much Serge Lutens????? Do you ladies have Un Lys and Sa Magestic??? Bois de Violette? Iris Silver Mist? I have Fumerie Turque and Rehat Loukhoum for the overdose of honey, but these others are sooooo different, and even from the Encens et Lavande!

I grant you I actually prefer Bois D'Iris from TDC.

Iris Silver Mist got me one of my most memorable compliments, from a stranger man at the post office. I had a package I had written on the side "basenotes supporter" just to advertise the site I suppose, and he struck up a whole conversation about what I had on and who made it, and then asked me if I was musician. Not a trace of flirtation, it was clear he wanted the frag for himself and I believe he thought I was lesbian (several, several Nashville country music people are.)

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Last night I revisited DK Chaos ... I showed him a vial with a hand-written label..."Never did Chaps smell so good on me!"
    Aw, funny. You must still be wiping the tears of laughter.

Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    VACUUMDAY!--I'm wearing the scent DH calls furniture polish for my cleaning day: Pomegranate Noir
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Romance Silver
    Gary

Antilope this morning for me.

Have a great Friday!

Well, I started out with Talisman but then Nahema pdt & Champs Elysees parfum showed up. I'm now wearing all three I have 3 more smellies in the mail and when they arrive I'm done buying...til April, when I get b-day ca$h.

Blog Entries

Houbigant Essence Rare parfum
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

For the eve: My bimbofrag: Miss Dior Chérie - an acid chypre... Perhaps it is clever to be a bimbo, after all...

For the eve, Cabochard.

Basenotes Plus

Im wearing Fantasy by Britney Spears today *Is embarassed!*

Tommy x

Chanel Gardenia - an exquisite scent.

Riannon, you officially declared the end of your Lutens week, but many of us elected this as a Serge day
    Me, myself and I included: I'm wearing Fumerie Turque.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I'm away from my fragrance collection, and my samples didn't come in the mail, so I pulled out the old dropper bottle of Dinner by Bobo in the bottom of my purse. Mmmm - I forgot how delectable and sociable it is. I need to get some more.

Chanel - Bois des Îles, thanks to tinker!

Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur

Well, it was Samsara bodylotion for me this morning. Then when I got home and checked the mail, I saw that one of the many samples I ordered had arrived. It was L de Lolita Lempicka. So I washed a spot off and gave her a spin and oh....my..... I am in looooooove.
    ~*Christy*~

I switched. My evening perfume is Sublime. It makes me feel so elegant.

Today I wore Nuit de Noel (parfum), but I under-applied a little, thinking it would have the same gumption as my Mitsouko parfum. I also wore it last night, and I swear that it actually physically warms me.
    Then I went shopping so now I am wearing Banana Republic's Black Walnut on my left hand and their Rosewood on the right. The Black Walnut will smell fantastic on my brother. It will be a Christmas gift. He recently quit drinking and smoking, but the cognac and tobacco in this can help him to smell as thought he still does both! The Rosewood smells much better from the bottle. It's rather flacid and uninteresting on my skin.

Wore Parfum Sacre to work to get into the holiday mood. Got home to find my vintage Tabac Blond bottles had arrived, and the one with actual perfume in it leaked in transit They were so cheap I can't even really complain, just walk around sniffing my fingers.

Another Chanel in the house ... No. 19

Have used the bar soap also a couple of times this week ... wonderful!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

Fracas and champagne.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

A day to stay close to the skin and still feel very comfortable: Sha by Sung.

Krysia

showered, a bit sad, and SL Arabie. it's keeping me comfortable right now.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    Riannon, you officially declared the end of your Lutens week, but many of us elected this as a Serge day
    Me, myself and I included: I'm wearing Fumerie Turque.
    Just a thought Are you willing to volunteer as guinea pig for that experiment: a whole week with Serge and nothing but Serge?
    Could be most interesting

Oh yes, I AM! Anytime! Just give me the go ahead...
    But since I'm an incurable Serge groupie, it may be too easy for me...force me into a whole Guerlain week, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    Oh yes, I AM! Anytime! Just give me the go ahead...
    But since I'm an incurable Serge groupie, it may be too easy for me...force me into a whole Guerlain week, if you dare
    Yes, that is what I thought of myself: 'incurable Serge groupie', but I noticed that it was dificult not to choose the scent I was craving for (from another house), but was restricted to Lutens only, lovely as most of his scents are on me.
    So, it is up to you : just give the sign when you are ready for it and I promise you I will follow you that week as well, if possible with the same scents from Serge.
    Yay, we have a real experiment here

And then: a Guerlain week!

We have a deal!
    Since you just finished your SL week, let's do it after Christmas. On the Guerlain week, my comment is...

It is getting cooler here... I will be meeting a few friends later this evening. I am planning to wear LIVE by J.Lo. It is probably not designed for these late nights but I like it. Energy is locked in this bottle, but then, I thought to myself, I won't be dancing like J.Lo on the dance floor.
    Here is the compositions from OsMoz:
    Top notes : Sicilian Lemon, Orange, Pineapple
    Middle notes : Redcurrant, Peony, Violet
    Base notes : Caramel, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood