Code of Conduct

Default Aqua Motu, Kenzo Homme and Odeur 53

Are there any similarities with Aqua Motu and Odeur 53? I own Odeur 53 and love it very much, especially in the summer. I've never tried Aqua Motu and was curious to how they compare. It seems like they would have similar qualities with the ozonic note mentioned by so many folks. It seems to me that Odeur 53 has somewhat of a salty note well into the drydown. Also, how does Kenzo Homme (bamboo bottle) compare?

I'm considering adding an aquatic to my collection at some point. I think Odeur 53 is the closest thing to an aquatic that I have, but it's nature is more about "air" than "water".
    Would Kenzo or Aqua be a safe blind buy?....Or should I try them first?

S

Default Re: Aqua Motu, Kenzo Homme and Odeur 53

I would go with the Aqua Motu here (I own it together with Odeur 53) since it is nothing like the Comme des Garçons. I don't find the Motu perfect at all, but it is very suitable those rare (in Sweden) ultra-hot summer days.

If you can afford it, I'd suggest you get the Montale Sandflowers instead. It is almost just like the Motu, only more cleaned up (the Motu has kind of a bad chemical aftertaste lingering and gritty feeling over it) and with a huge improvement longetivity wise). I bet you can write member maisonstinky and ask nicely for a sample and he'll send it to you.

Never cared for that Kenzo...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give Motu a try.

S

I like Kenzo pour homme, but it's definitely *not* a blind buy. Given it was one of the first "aquatics", it doesn't really fit into the modern "soft and innofensive" aquatic mold. The initial attack is very strong, and there are some slightly pungent, seaweedy notes in there too. I really like it overall (although I like Bulgari Aqua more in the aquatics), but it's something you should smell first before buying.

something in Aqua Motu makes me vaguely noxious, which is unfortunate because i do like it.

i can't really remember Odeur 53 right now.

for an aquatic kenzo, try L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme. it's the wateriest aquatic i know of. soft and gentle, it feels like a warm summer rain shower - the kind where it's sunny the whole time. ymmv.
    Last edited by liquid; 18th December 2006 at 02:39 PM.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks for the input. I was curious about both Motu and Kenzo, but tried neither as I stated earlier. Odeur 53 seemed so aquatic to me with it's metallic, watery smell in the opening, but then it's all about warm, naked skin on the drydown. At least that's what a friend from England told me once, "Smells like warm naked bodies!" I guess my chemistry took Odeur 53 to the sultry side of the spectrum.

I would like an aquatic to stay aquatic after a while.

S
    Last edited by stevolution; 18th December 2006 at 05:11 PM.