Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Daim Blond - do many men here wear it?, if so.....

what reaction do you get to it from others. i am on the verge of buying this as it seems to be to be a unisex scent although i know some disagree. seems to have good longevity as well.

Default Re: Serge Lutens Daim Blond - do many men here wear it?, if so.....

I bought it for my wife thinking it'd smell great on her, knowing that I could occasionally wear it too. There was something about it that entranced me. She doesn't like it much (strangely enough she says it's too masculine!) even though I think it smells great on her. So yes I've worn it a few times. Haven't had any positive or negative comments. I think it's perfectly unisex. Haute concentree so yes the longevity is good.

Of the Lutens, I would only wear this and Chergui.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Only positive so far. One of my favorite fragrances, period.

Apricots, Apricots and more Apricots. Just too fruity.

This is not as slick and wearable as Chergui.
    -

I've worn it to work a few times - vocal arbiters, the lot of 'em - and I've had no reaction whatsoever. It's one of the only fragrances I've worn that hasn't elicited either positive or negative responses.

I think the 'trouble' with Daim Blond is that its polaric gender-perceived nature confuses people; it's a scent of only two facets: the traditionally ultra-feminine apricot and the traditionally ultra-masculine suede. The net result is that uninformed sniffers stay uncertainly on the fence, not knowing what they should think. A scent that presents more facets would have more 'hooks' with which to draw opinions, if you see what I mean.

I like it very much, but then Lutens has so many, and I can only afford a few!
    If I would like it as much as you do, I would definitely go for it! Use search, I think a year ago, or two many men had thumbs up for it.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Apricots, Apricots and more Apricots. Just too fruity.

This is not as slick and wearable as Chergui.
    On me it's exactly how ZZ described it! Dried apricots! But I guess it's a matter of skin chem as my good buddy Shifts told on him it's not so fruity.
    My conclusion is that's a good scent but really changes on the skin. just try it and see.

no reactions yet positive or negative
    but i really really like this one

I think it's fantastic. it's not a match with me personality wise but I love it on others. I think it works equally well on both men and women. It's just so damn chic.
    m

I ended up swapping my bottle. The last thing I get from Daim Blond is leather. It should have been called Apricot Blond if you ask me. It had too much sugar and fruit without any spice or leather so I got bored of it quickly. I also found it disappointing in terms of sillage and longevity, which is quite unorthodox for a Lutens scent.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Only positive so far. One of my favorite fragrances, period.
    Ditto, you've got great taste shifts!

Haven't tried Daim Blond, but until that day...

I've tried Douce Amere and Chergui and both are great! However Chergui might be a hard scent to wear, a little too over the top sometimes. DA has no surprises, sweet scent of vanilla tempered with birch. Rich but not cloying.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Ditto, you've got great taste shifts!
    The same to you castorpollux!

Ach, leave each other alone! ;-)

I managed to get a cheap eBay bottle from a German seller (thanks for your assistance GERALD!) and I love it - though some days it is more fruit than suede (kind of medicinal though - like a lot of SLs. Hell, I love medicinal).

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldo
    some days it is more fruit than suede
    I couldn't agree more.

I've been tempted many times to buy a bottle of this but I really can't imagine myself wearing it that often. Yes, it's more versatile than other creations by Lutens but its fruitiness can sometimes be a tad too feminine for me. Strangely enough, I find FT (or even Arabie) more wearable than DB.

I'd also agree with teflondog about its sillage, although it seems to last a few hours on my skin. However, its retail price is a big negative and I definitely wouldn't pay as much for it, on ebay, as some other scents by SL.

I think my 10ml decant is enough for now.