Code of Conduct

Default Sniffing in Nice.

I have just spent a hectic week in Nice, doing up our new flat and didn't get a lot of free time for perfume hunting. I did however manage to fit in a quick trip to the Molinard shop and tiny museum. Lovely Christmas gifts on display and very helpful, friendly staff (as everywhere in Nice!)
    I bought small bottles of Habanita and Nirmala (30ml) for a very reasonable 11euros and also a lovely book about perfume called "l'ABC du Parfum", which I will enjoy reading. The little museum at the back of the shop was fascinating and had displays of old Molinard perfume bottles and advertising posters from way back. Whilst in Sephora I also tried some of the Lutens offerings and was impressed with Bois de Violette. Galeris Lafayette also has a great range of perfumes including Shiseido Zen.
    Am now back in the U.K and missing the warmer weather and "buzz" of Nice.
    If you get the chance to go there then don't hesitate. Our flight only cost about £30 with Easy Jet!! There are hotel rooms for as little as 40 euros for a double at this time of year.

Default Re: Sniffing in Nice.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and please enjoy your new finds.

THANKS for sharing this wonderful trip! Was almost like being there.

(Hate you for being so close and me so far.....just kidding )
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart
    Whilst in Sephora I also tried some of the Lutens offerings and was impressed with Bois de Violette.
    Whatwhatwhat?! Does Sephora carry Lutens Palais Royal line or has Bois de Violette been recently added to the export line?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hey, is the book orange and called "l'ABCDaire du Parfum". I also have it!

Have fun!
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin