Code of Conduct

Default Recent acquisitions

Just acquired a few new ones for my collection, all of which were insanely cheap. Why is it that so many outstanding fragrances are SO cheap? Hey I'm not complaining.

Caron Pour Un Homme 100mL US $10

Come on this is plain ridiculous. A great house, their first men's fragrance, a historical landmark, for $10. Yes, at other times I'd smelled it, I too thought it was disgusting. A bit of a love hate thing, like Dior Homme. Do I now love it because it was so cheap? No, I love it for its simplicity. Someone said it is a smell of a well groomed man, yes, I agree. Distinct, calm, self assured, but not brash. Lavender and vanilla, nothing else. Has a note of a baked cake. Surely at this price it should be compulsory?

Guerlain Heritage 100mL US $30

Spice, pepper, wood, musk. Quite heavy, but has a modern feel. I find it has a similar feel to Bois du Portugal, even though they have distinct differences also. Formal, but hey, I love the idea of wearing formal frags casually too. Power. Should be called "How to smell a million bucks on a budget" (although Dunhill Edition and Baldessarini can be had quite cheaply too and would also fit this bill).

YSL Body Kouros 100mL AUS $30

A don't like sweet frags at all. My collection is all citrus, classic or powerhouse. Prior to this the sweetest I got was L'Instant or M7. But there's something about this I love. The eucalypt and incense really "lift" the heavy sweet notes. And while I'm cursed with terrible skin for longevity, there's definitely no problems here!

Paco Rabanne XS 50mL AUS $20

Well, with 4 newbies in a week, poor old XS has taken a bit of a backseat, and I'm not quite as excited about it as the others. Nevertheless I can see it as a fresh aromatic with a fair bit more going on than the average, and it will easily takes it's place in my day rotation of GIT, AdP, GV, VE, Bvlgari PH, TdH, etc etc. Nice woody base.

So for any of you out there worrying that you can't afford Creed, Lutens or L'Artisan, look no further than the internet for a wealth of bargains!!!

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Recent acquisitions

You lucky dog those are sheep-stealing prices!

Congratulations... these are distinctive and excellently composed fragrance. That was a great bargain! Enjoy them!

Where did you get them from?
    Renato

Yes indeed, where did you find these at those prices?
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Great Picks

The US buys were from an ebay store - Fragrance Express - excellent service BTW - arrived in 10 days US - Aus in the peak Christmas period! I'm thinking of buying more through them - Tabarome Millesime, Zino...

The Aus buys were through a friend - wholesale prices!

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime