Code of Conduct

Thread: Dunhill for Men

Question Dunhill for Men

Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I've been checking out this site for a while and have found it very helpful.

Been trying to find Dunhill for Men (the 1934 scent) for a long time, but can't seem to track it down in any of the stores around me (Vancouver Canada). So I was wondering two things...

The first being, is it still out there and specifically in north america? And the second, if it is then I think I'll have to resort to ordering it online, which sites would you suggest for the best quality and service?

Thank you,

J. Pearce

Default Re: Dunhill for Men

It's out there and definitely available on-line. As you're in Canada you'll have no difficulty getting it. Just go look at Scented Monkey and such places.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    It's out there and definitely available on-line. As you're in Canada you'll have no difficulty getting it. Just go look at Scented Monkey and such places.
    Actually, I don't think it is that easy anymore. I've not seen the original Dunhill at any of my favorite online sellers for about a year. If anyone has leads, please speak up.

I think I may have this that I bought blind but unfortunately did not work for me. I bought it online and I am trying to remember where.

perfumebay.com has it.
    Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by loungeboy; 16th December 2006 at 08:48 PM.

I hunted it all over the world and could not find it in any e-tailers. To my knowledge, only at the Dunhill boutique in London (and maybe other Dunhill boutiques???)

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I bought a bottle at Dillards a couple of months ago. Last week I saw a lone bottle at TJ Maxx.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I picked up a bottle at a little specialty shop in the new mall with the Bloomingdale's in San Francisco. The shop's called Fragranza, newly open, so I don't know if they have a phone yet. But you could try calling information... I have noi idea if they would ship. I paid USD 80 for it, kind of steep, but it's the 1934...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

I was thinking of Perfume Emporium — but I've just checked and they are now out of stock. They were in stock as recently as 3 months ago.

But I see this one around quite a bit in Sydney. It is definitely not as rare as many things that I like. Perserverence will get you there, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    I was thinking of Perfume Emporium — but I've just checked and they are now out of stock. They were in stock as recently as 3 months ago.

But I see this one around quite a bit in Sydney. It is definitely not as rare as many things that I like. Perserverence will get you there, I'm sure.
    If you ever see it around Sydney, could you drop me a line please? I'd love to get a back-up bottle.

Thanks

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    If you ever see it around Sydney, could you drop me a line please? I'd love to get a back-up bottle.

Thanks

Ged
    No problem — as we say where we are.

You beauty, cobber!

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    You beauty, cobber!
    It's 'bewdy', I think you'll find.

Actually I can tell you where I've seen it in the last week. Ring a fragrance shop called Odette's Perfumery (02 9279 2811): they had it. But you may have to describe the box to her, as she didn't know what the stuff was when I spoke to her about it (she may think you mean a more modern Dunhill which she also has). I seem to remember them also having the shampoo. They have quite a bit of rare stuff there.

If that doesn't work out pm me and I'll suggest somewhere else.

If my father still has some i can give you a small decant. I will PM you after i find out. Personally, it feels way more appropriate on him then me.