Code of Conduct

Default What are you giving your special person on Xmas?

I don't want to turn this into another of those "What women like on men" threads. I was just curious what you're getting that special man/woman in your life and why.
    I'm getting my SO Guerlain Vetiver. He wears nothing but Eternity, and it suits him well so I don't have quibbles with it. I just thought I might try out a fragrance I like that I *think* he might like too. He isn't up to Idole De Lubin or Muscs Koublai Khan (ymmm) yet.

Default Re: What are you giving your special person on Xmas?

That special one - there are two - my dear husband who will receive AG SAbles and nice marine jacket and my dear son who lives in other country but I go to visit him immediately after Christmas and go together to pick something, since it´s rather complicated to buy gifts to him :-)

Wink Re: What are you giving your special person on Xmas?

perfume gifts for both my boyfriend and my lover are the same cologne of course, Terre d 'Hermes!

My BF is very picky, and isn't nuts about perfume in the first place. He's getting a book on chess, though it's hard to resist giving a smelly. That would be more of a gift for me, so I'll wait until I'm feeling really rich and treat myself by treating him.

No perfume gift for my husband who still hasn't managed to finish the bottle of CD Fahrenheit I got him 10 yrs ago! I actually tried it on me yesterday to see if it was still good at all (I think it has turned a bit).

I got my BF M7 by YSL. For his stocking, I bought him some minis from scentedmonkey, so he can try different scents: Contradiction for Men, John Varvatos, Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

My other special person, my mom, is getting Clinique Aromatics Elixer (she's a long-time fan) and Guerlain Shalimar Light.
    Last edited by mochi227; 16th December 2006 at 08:33 PM.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I got my bf Kouros for his birthday last month so not buying him fragrance. My younger sister will get Pure Poison, her favourite, and I'm thinking of getting my mother Ormonde Jayne's Champaca as she has a thing for the Champaca flower!

mr.tinker does not wear scent, the Gendarme MoJo I bought for him in April goes unused although it is a wonderful scent .

I have no special person this xmas , so no special gifts from me.

Like mr. tinker, mrs baald wears no frags. so she'll have to settle for jewelry from tiffany's, poor bird. pretty sure she got me Idole.

And for the other special person in my life - my 4 month old son - i got him this little thing that looks like a transistor radio but plays ambient loops. very low-tek-but-cool, and when he's not chewing on it it might help lull him to sleep.

about to give my self a little present though too: cdg EdP, Sequoia, 2 Man, and kyoto. BOTTLES!!!! (almost everything else i have is decants...)

and we're donating to charity in the names of all our friends and family this year.

mr. baald
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

I gave my husband Jaguar(new) today, as it is his birthday, and this is his fav who he had just finnished. He now has a little wardroab of seven frags. I haven´t made up my mind if I dare to give him one more bottle for christmas, but if I do, it will be either Versace The Dreamer or Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Wink Re: What are you giving your special person on Xmas?

I like the special men in my life to smell good, so my husband
    is getting a bottle of Eau Sauvage (his old one is nearly empty,
    as I tend to borrow it in the Summer!)
    Elder son will be finding JPG Le Male in his stocking and younger
    son had YSL L'Homme for his 18th last week (amongst other things.)

My BF does not wear frags, but I did get him a bottle of Chanel Antaeus. It might be more for me than him, I like to sniff it from the bottle.
    Frankly, I don't care if he wears frags or not. I like how he smells au naturale.
    I might get some Ambre Sultan for both of us!

My daughter wants DKNY Red Delicious. She's 14 and it will be her first "serious" frag pick.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

mr hebe isn't getting any frag presents this year - everything he wanted was out of stock So he is getting a very lovely Brora cashmere jumper.

Bought DH is a bottle of Bulgari's Aqua for men. I can't wait till he opens his gift because he's going to smell so wonderful! :>

Galanos for my DW of 41 years and 11 months . I got it for her years ago, way before BN and she loved it. It's been discontinued but I happened upon it on ebay the other day .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

My DH is as big a fragrance fanatic as I am so this holiday season he'll be getting a bottle of Guerlain Habit Rouge and a bottle of Caron Pour un Homme de Caron. I already picked up that lamb skin leather car-coat he wanted...

My little sister is also getting a few bottles of fragrance as well. This morning she told me how much she enjoyed Lancome Hypnose so that one will be an easy add on .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali