Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 17 December

If it ain't broken don't fix it: Heure Exquise again.

Have a superb Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 17 December

The long neglected scent of Carthusia: Ligea "la sirena".

As so often with scents I did not use for quite some time I was really surprised by the top notes: Mandarin, Lemon, maybe Grapefruit. And I wondered why I bothered to buy this

After ten minutes I remembered exactly why: a lovely warm, powdery, slightly spiced scent with Opoponax.
    And somehow I reminded me a bit of a whispering version of the rather bold Miller Harris' Fleur Oriental.

How great to meet you again, dear Ligea

Enjoy your Sunday!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Kenzo Amour for a secound day.

This is a frag supposed to be inspired of travel in the orient. The funny thing is that it reminds me of snow and winter, and I do find it very wearable right now. Perhaps this will be what I will wear on Christmas-eve!

Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, which turned out to be a bit boring. I've layered it with Comme des Garcons, Odeur 71, and that's better.

Goodness! Every one's sleeping in the morning! :bounce: Where ARE you all?

So on this day of the sun (it's going to 70 F here at the beach!) I am going to hell in LAP Passage D'Enfer - a joke of some sort since it's all frankincense and altar lilies and sandalwood! Anyway pretty for this beautiful day - think I'll roam the shore.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing no fragrance today. I'm going out sampling so i thought it best not to put any on. Any suggestions for sampling?

Tommy x

Got up late and put on some Versace BLONDE on a whim.
    It has lasted well so far (5 hours!) Actually quite like it
    some days.

Got up late too, wearing Fendi Fantasia, still looking for winter. Too hot and muggy here again, I want some real raw weather to wear all of them beautiful winter scents: Dolce Vita, Mauboussin, La Baiser de Dragon, Shaal Nur, Prada, etc. Would also like the aroma of holiday cookies mixed with cold air. How is Santa supposed to drive his sleigh if there is no snow?

starting out with En Avion, but I know that it will take me on a journey, and I have lots of samples to try.

I keep thinking of these legendary Guerlains you all mention...so far all the Guerlains I have tried disappear too quickly into my skin - frustrating!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

*yawn* Good to be back home!Had to get up at 5 in the morning to catch a bus for work....Wore some Attraction to work,put on some JPG classique after a shower when I came home.

For the evening, I choose VIP Room and Creed's Cuir de Russie.

Very cool, 15 degrees celsius, sunny and dry.
    I wore Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens today. It is nice and casual which goes well with my outfit and my activities. I went out with my friends and bought some beads for a jewellery project.

I am going to wear Zen by Shiseido to bed. My legs are tired after a day of shopping.

Une Folie de Rose. My favorite of the patchouli + rose scents. I love that combination, but it can be difficult for some people. This one is the most agreeable that I have found, more feminine and sweet than others.

Unseasonably warm in Boston today, I am doing an Iris-based scent comparison. Ormande Jayne "Orris Noir" on one wrist, Tauer's "Orris" on the other, nothing anywhere else. Finding ON much softer and more delicate, with sweet under-and over-tones; Orris adds the bitter scent of the actuaal iris tuber rather than the flower, with lots of leather.

Have a great rest of day!
    -ComDiva

Just gave my En Avion a masculine co pilot... Bulgari Black. Love using this as a layering tool...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

rtamara41is on a roll with her layering adventures.

Just about the first words out of DH's mouth this a.m. when he woke up was, "You gotta wear some Stella. I dreamed about it last night."

How can I ignore a request like that!? Stella Rose Asbolute.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Fendi Theorema

I'm wearing Safran Troublant from the passion set. I'm going to eventually need a bigger bottle of this one, I think.

Shalimar perfume here.

Champs Elysees parfum, which I'm happy to report is much nicer on me than the edt. Thank you Moondiva for the suggestion!:toppie:

Hello everyone

I've got myself a bottle of Lolita Lempicka last night, so that is my SotD.

Top notes: Pineapple, Lemon, Anise, Rosewood
    Middle notes: Lily of the valley, Rose, Jasmine, Licorice
    Base notes: Almond, Tonka, Vanilla, Heliotrope

This used to be pure harsh licorice on me at one time, but now is soft and delightfully delicious!

P.S. I also picked-up a bottle of Sensi and a bottle of Narcisse Noir...

DH is wearing Gucci Envy...
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 18th December 2006 at 12:28 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Boucheron Trouble

My beloved Chanel Bois des Iles!

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    If it ain't broken don't fix it: Heure Exquise again.
    I'm going to have to get some of this, iris-lover that I am!

Today I'm in Nuit de Noel again, and this time it is fabulous. It's gently spicy, with an inner warmth, and floats around me in the most lovely manner.
    My parents are now here, so I get to put smellies on my mum, as well. She's 10 Corso Como and is enjoying it.
    We went out for brunch at my favourite "parisian style" croissanterie and I'm sure Mum and I were the most elegant-smelling ladies there. We were smelling each other's wrists as we stood in line and the young gentleman standing near us nodded his approval.

For the eve: Omnia by Bulgari.

Basenotes Plus

Farnesiana perfume again. It's just so ME!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Prada Tendre here.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Started with a little Chanel No. 19 to arm myself for a marathon Christmas shopping day at the mall. The selection of testers at the Macy's perfume counter was pretty disappointing. Tried SJP lovely, which srarted out promisingly but would up smelling gym-sock musky after an hour or two. Scrubbed it off when I got home and chilled with Parfum Sacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Hello everyone

I've got myself a bottle of Lolita Lempicka last night, so that is my SotD.

Top notes: Pineapple, Lemon, Anise, Rosewood
    Middle notes: Lily of the valley, Rose, Jasmine, Licorice
    Base notes: Almond, Tonka, Vanilla, Heliotrope

This used to be pure harsh licorice on me at one time, but now is soft and delightfully delicious!

P.S. I also picked-up a bottle of Sensi and a bottle of Narcisse Noir...

DH is wearing Gucci Envy...
    THanks for posting these notes. I switched to Lolita this evening after my En Avion and Bulgari Black collided with Arabie (I couldn't control my trigger finger!) and after a good scrubbing, Lolita called out to me, "I'll soothe you, dear, come here, now..."
    After reading the notes, I think we should fashion our own Lolita Martini.
    How about vodka with pineapple juice, a splash of anisette and a twist of lemon?

Polo Black
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    After reading the notes, I think we should fashion our own Lolita Martini.
    How about vodka with pineapple juice, a splash of anisette and a twist of lemon?
    Yum! I'm in.

wearing alien today - later my boyfriend gave a bottle of chanel coco mademoisselle ( as a christmas gift) (i gave him a vintage watch) coco mad which i have been wanting badly for more than a year now. i really cant seem to find me deserving / worthy of this fragrance. It just feels oh soo beautiful. Everytime i run into a mall that caries chanel i never fail to spray some of this on my wrist. It just feels so divine and i can't believe that he actually bought me one. oh this has got to be the greatest gift of this year.

Coco Mad brings images of chiffon - lace - im soft spoken pink - i see beautiful bridesmaids in a garden... oh i can't stop smiling.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel