Code of Conduct

Default All acquatic / citris lineup - Suggest some additions

Currently, I rotate between 5 aquatic / citris fragrances. I am looking for a few more, maybe some that will go well for more formal occasions. What should I look for to round this out?

I currently use:
    Acqua di Gio
    Polo Blue
    Creed Millesme Imperial
    Acqua di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
    Abercrombie Proof (I know, but I think it's actually pretty good)

Default Re: All acquatic / citris lineup - Suggest some additions

Hi, and welcome to Basenotes!

I'm at a bit of a loss here re: whether aquatic-type fragrances are suitable for formal wear. I would be inclined to say that they are, but I'm sure some of the more experienced members here could give you a better bit of advice about this.

To carry on:

I could list many aquatic fragrances here. I will keep it to one or two. I noticed that someone (in a recent thread) listed

Pasha de Cartier

I really like Pasha a lot. It's a real "classy" fragrance IMO. Another one I really like as well is

Kenneth Cole New York

Your list looks good. The AdG is obviously a big favorite. The Acqua di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi is a very nice Fig scent. I also love Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes for a great Fig scent.

Try to find Nina Ricci - Signoricci

Blog Entries

Clinique Happy for more casual occasions

Chanel Allure Sport for more formal occasions
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Kenzo PH has gotta be the most avant-garde acquatic out there, exceptionally "oceanic". A member of the past used to always talk about its "seaweed and beer" vibe.

First of all, Pasha is not an aquatic fragrance by any stretch of the imagination.

As for classy citruses, there are plenty of good options. The old school ones, such as Eau Sauvage and Chanel Pour Monsiour are pretty classy.

As far as expanding the realm of your aquatic collection: Try Mare by Creative Universe. Such a pretty scent.

Welcome!!

I would suggest another Creed since you already have one and know what they are about. Neroli Sauvage would be my number one choice. Beautiful fragrance....

Arrow Re: All acquatic / citris lineup - Suggest some additions

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    First of all, Pasha is not an aquatic fragrance by any stretch of the imagination.

As for classy citruses...
    Pasha de Cartier is described with "citrus" as part of the definition in a number of distinct places which describe this fragrance. It is a member of the Men's Woody - Aromatic Olfactory Group of fragrances, and the following sentence fragment from a well-known source further illustrates what I have given:

"Belonging to the family of aromatic fougeres, its citrusy, aromatic and minty top note is tenacious and strong..."

Many of the fragrances in this category are clearly not "aquatic" or "citrusy" type of fragrances, but the following from this category are worth mention:

Higher by Christian Dior
    Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss
    Black by Kenneth Cole

...IMO, this qualifies as enough of "any," as in "stretch of the imagination."

My two cents worth:

Armani pour Homme
    Azzaro Chrome

For an aquatic:

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Aqua Motu

nearfantastica

For some unconventional citrus choices.... I suggest...

Malle's Bigarrade Concentree.. as I've attested many times. This is a "dirty dirty orange". I love it... the sharp smell of bitter orange, mixed with a very musky touch that hints at body odor that is addictive as it is repulsive. I love this stuff, but not many others around me seem to...

Diptyque's Eau D'Elide is another one that really struck me as odd, until it settled quite nicely into my occasional usage section. A very herbaceous and timeless take on the orange note. It's musty, it's ugly.. its wonderful. Someone described it very well in a review "it smells as though someone dropped an orange creamsicle in a bag of herbs".... one you must try to truly love or loathe..

My fun aquatics would include the very floral/aqua Imperial Jade Emperor... Samourai... etc etc..

a.

You should try:
    - Davidoff Echo
    - Roberto Cavalli

I agree with nearfantastica and FM - Bigarade Concentree suggestion. I will also include Bergamote 22 - Le Labo, and Art Of Shaving - Lemon Essential Oil

For an aquatic - Bulgari Aqua and Maestrale - Profumi di Pantelleria

Carolina Herrera 212,
    Chopard Heaven
    Pozo Quasar

Issey Miyake

Dependent

"its citrusy, aromatic and minty top note is tenacious and strong..." - Pasha

if someone can come here and get the tenacious and strong out of my Pasha bottle they can have it, another bottle of their choosing and all expenses paid.

Issey Miyake is a great sugggestion as is Bvlgari Aqva