Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 18 December

Testing again Mona di Orio's latest offering Oiro and I really think I will need another shower.

Checking Perfume-Smellin'Things, where a very good review is written, the notes are enough to make your mouth water:

Green mandarin, sweet pea, spices, jasmine, olibanum, heliotrope, vetiver, ylang-ylang, immortelle, cedar, musk and amber.

And yet, I cannot like this scent. Maybe it is the scent of Immortelle (that also ruins AG's Sables for me)
    And maybe the reviewer on PST is quite correct in saying "The jasmine here does not smell indolic to the point of being fecal, but a hint of floral dirtiness is there....".
    Fecal is the right word here IMO and I dislike it.
    The only Mona di Orio scent I more or less like sofar is Lux.

For perfume's sake I will try this again and again. Maybe this is the kind of scent you will have to learn to love. I will give it a wide berth.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Monday 18 December

12 degrees celsius (this morning), cold but sunny...
    I have put on some Brit Gold by Burberry to warm up.
    Notes: Magnolia, Neroli, Blackcurrant, Bergamot, Pink Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Benzoin.
    It is very sweet and perfect for this kind of weather. The juice dried down to a sweet milky vanilla sandalwood, which is almost good enough to go into my milkshake or use as a dressing for my pudding. Brit Gold is not spectacular I would say it is a comforting scent which compares nicely to a hearty homemade dinner.

I'm wearing Shalimar today.

Started off the morning with a refreshing blast of Santa Maria Novella.
    When that wears off later I plan to test FARNESIA - can't wait.

Brought my DH to the hospital to eventually get rid of his kidney stone, so I needed a scent to cheer me up on this rainy day:brolly:
    L'Artisan's Tea for Two is doing the job nicely - and anyone who thinks it's too smoky has never sampled Fumerie Turque
    Have a lovely day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Shiseido - Feminité du Bois EdP + Mist Emulsion Body Veil.

I'll continue wearing my FdB as long as this colder weather continues...

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I can't help myself...making the most of my sample of Narcisse Noir today.
    Happy Monday!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Wearing Champs elysees today. Need something "sunny". It's cold and dark outside!

I decided to add a few drops of Penhailigon's Elizabethan Rose to the Shalimar that was already on my skin, and it works beautiful together.

Yippee Kai Aye Oh!! :bounce: (Or whatever)

Lonestar Memories!....SA-MOKIN'!!!

That first blast of campfire smoke is amazing! Birch tar notes underneath, then goes right through the geranium-sage to myrrh and sandalwood and vetiver. Hope this one lasts. Gotta try some more smokes but this feels like FBW!!!

(And thanks to Riannon for Perfume Smellin' Things - GREAT blog!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Might be cold enough (finally) to wear Knowing.

Heure Exquise
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I needed something clear, that has little associated to it. A fresh start; a simple viel around me, so I chose Clinique's Chemistry.

Notes: citrus, jamaican ginger, amber.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Happy Monday all,

Today I'm wearing Lolita Lempicka again... thanks to TDDanae for starting a very special thread and moondeva for perking my curiosity with her enthusiasm and ever imaginative descriptions.

I'm also thrilled to report that I already received a compliment on it first thing this morning while getting my coffee...

Top notes: Pineapple, Lemon, Anise, Rosewood
    Middle notes: Lily of the valley, Rose, Jasmine, Licorice
    Base notes: Almond, Tonka, Vanilla, Heliotrope

DH is wearing BLV Notte

Top notes: Galanga Flower, Bergamot, Cardamome
    Middle notes: Tobacco Flower, Neroli
    Bases note: Spicy Ginger, Dark chocolate
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

LouLou for me

Armani Mania (black/original). Was missing it so much while it was hiding on the back behind every other bottle, that I thought I might have swaped it away and was about to start kicking myself for it. It is dense, surrounding and unpredictable. Long-lasting and develops nicely.

J del Pozo In Black bodylotion for the day, and EdT for the eve.

This perfume has not been able to find in Sweden since this summer, but, if I am right informed, it will be able to find this frag again in just a couple of weeks. I have just orderd a 50 mL bottle, and I am holding my fingers crossed that this will work!
    Last edited by Margareta; 18th December 2006 at 03:33 PM.

today is elixir des merveilles. salty n' sweet - mmm.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I do hope Mr. Lady in Black has a good day today and even brighter tomorrows.

Tigs--Apply much more iris, and your toes are going to turn into bulbs and sprout roots!

To make DH happy, Stella Rose Absolute on right wrist. For personal fun, Black Cashmere on the left wrist.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good ol´Burberry Brit for me on this cold Monday (Brrr...)
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Etro's Etra for me today...Something sweet and comforting to get me through the start of the week. Hope everyone's doing well!

Hi,
    I'm wearing Wanderlust today. Like icy flowers in the cold air.

Basenotes Plus

Im Britney Spears Fantasy again today. I'm so ashamed hehe, but i just love being able to smell it :P

Tommy x

Romance Silver
    Gary

Ambre Sultan

Boucheron Trouble

Hmmm... what am I not wearing today? Went shopping and spritzed quite a few. Lolita Lempicka to show my mum, Chanel No. 19 (again to show Mum), L'Heure Bleue, Heure Exquise, Bulgari Black.
    The intended SotD was Armani Prive Bois d'Encens which is excruciatingly boring on me.
    Mum is wearing Armani Prive Eau de Jade for the lime-y top note. And Dad let me spray a little Eau d'Orange Vert on him. He smells fantastic and knows it. Mum nuzzled into his neck to give him a big sniff; he turned red and got a big, embarrassed grin on his face. He's so cute.

It was L de Lolita Lempicka for me today.
    ~*Christy*~

An Ayala evening for me with Guilt on one wrist, chocolate topnotes which seem to smooth down to a cool minty drydown. This is new for me.
    Espionage on the other, tonight it smells clean and grassy, or maybe like hay.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    Hmmm... what am I not wearing today? Went shopping and spritzed quite a few. Lolita Lempicka to show my mum, Chanel No. 19 (again to show Mum), L'Heure Bleue, Heure Exquise, Bulgari Black.
    The intended SotD was Armani Prive Bois d'Encens which is excruciatingly boring on me.
    Mum is wearing Armani Prive Eau de Jade for the lime-y top note. And Dad let me spray a little Eau d'Orange Vert on him. He smells fantastic and knows it. Mum nuzzled into his neck to give him a big sniff; he turned red and got a big, embarrassed grin on his face. He's so cute.
    Oh I love stories like this one! Thank you so much for sharing with us your wonderful shopping/sniffing experience It put a huge smile on my face to hear about your mom and dad
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Stella. I never thought I was much of a rose person. It always made me think of my Gramma. I do like Stella though. It is really growing on me.

Can anyone tell me about Nahema By Guerlain? I know it is discontinued, but does it smell good? I know where I can pick up a sample. I was wondering if it would be worth it or not?
    Last edited by MsMuse; 19th December 2006 at 02:12 AM.

Since my sample of Ayala's Lovender ended last week, I go to bed with Nostalgia. It makes me smile and I love it.