Code of Conduct

Talking Here I go with the Cabotine.....

again

So I went to TJ Maxx and bought it. It was odd because the shelves were FULL with vetiver and cabotine a week ago and there were only a few bottles left! Hubby said I must have put out the call of the wild to all fellow basenoters LOL

Anyway.......I've got two sprays, each wrist. Wanted to experience the full bouquet if you will.

What's happening is just beautiful! The topnotes right now are still going pretty strong and sweet....yet there's a gorgeous something starting to come out that I can't put my finger on. Wow, this is nice stuff!! When I move my arms around I get the nicest sillage.

I have always loved the heavier, spicier, flori/orientals and chypres.......but maybe this is the answer to my chemical changes for now. Why is this 12.99 bottle of juice working?

From looking at the notes on this and Amarige, they tend to be similar, but this is giving me something more. Cannot begin to explain it. But I like it

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Here I go with the Cabotine.....

You big tease! My sample of Cabotine will arrive this week. Until it gets here, I have to smell imaginery Cabotine--or, I guess that would be, Cabotine Imaginaire. Actually, that's an attractive name for a frag. Hmmm...
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I think you could be the next big name in perfume!!

Can't wait for your sample to arrive. This stuff is so different, can't compare to anything else I've tried.

I once knew a man who adored Cabotine... I can't wear it anymore... the memories are too vivid...
    I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.-Anais Nin

I hate when a fragrance is marred by unpleasant memories. I'm sorry that happened to you with this scent.

I have been looking for something new that did not bring back any kind of painful memories and this seems to be working for me.

It's the first perfume compliment I've received in ages. My daughter just couldn't hug me enough and my hubby said there was a wonderful scent in the air when he came home from work. Both of them mentioned clean laundry though LOL.......as I guess that's my job, that's what they want me to smell like?

Enjoy your Cabotine, it is indeed very special and beautiful!
    I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.-Anais Nin

Yay! So great that you're loving Cabotine. To me, it's one of the best fragrances around. It's uplifting and it has so much character. I get compliments on it all the time and I'm sure I've inspired total strangers to head to TJ Maxx to grab a bottle. Isn't that bottle pretty, too? Enjoy!

Good morning,

After reading this, I ,too, bought a bottle, but I am sorry to say that it does not seem to work well for me. I'd be glad to swap with someone if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

Hello, Introvert! Oooooooh, don't succumb to the blind buy-o-mania, be smarter than me. There is just too much variation in chemistry and noses to go on someone else's rave. I do blind buys a-plenty now that I know my own way around the houses and notes, but I still get burned now and then. I did SEVERAL blind buys my first month or two on this site and it cost me a bundle. Cabotine was actually a recent blind buy for me, not because of raves, but because I do so love a green floral. The main thing I learned was never wear it on a hot day for a long car trip. I had all four windows and the sunroof open at 65 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Yay! So great that you're loving Cabotine. To me, it's one of the best fragrances around. It's uplifting and it has so much character. I get compliments on it all the time and I'm sure I've inspired total strangers to head to TJ Maxx to grab a bottle. Isn't that bottle pretty, too? Enjoy!

I find it to be best for me in the lotion although I wear the EDP in the summer. A beautiful scent.