Code of Conduct

Question any Habanita wearers out there?

I just got a bottle of Habanita by Molinard for $9.99 on eBay. I'd seen it written about rather ravishly before, and it seemed to have good reviews in the directory, so I went for a blind buy. I was looking for smoky, but so far I get baby powder. Granted, I just applied and it's only been drying down for 10 minutes, but I've read reviews where the baby powder accord is present.

I'm waiting for the tabacco/amber-fruity/smokiness! What have been other's experiences with this scent?

ps: ...I must gloat. I got a 1 oz. bottle, brand new with box!, of Parfum Sacre, also for $9.99 on eBay
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Default Re: any Habanita wearers out there?

Oooo I hate you , I've been searching for a small bottle of Parfum Sacre for weeks! Good for you!!
    I get the same powdery, soft scent you get after the first 10 leathery minutes are over

Habanita is very powdery with hint so leather. I never get the tobacco note at all.
    DONNA

I love Habanita parfum, but there are several things to note:
    --the parfum (IMHO) is MUCH better than the EdT
    --it seems to be very different on different people. It's very sexy on me, but on some it seems to come out like baby powder (I tried it with a group of friends, and everyone agreed with both statements)

Blog Entries

This summer and autumn I got pure talc smothered in honey over a thin leathery / tobacco base. I hated it.

However as the weather has worsened and the temperature has dropped the wonderful leather and tobacco base notes have come more to the fore. I still find it far too honeyed for my tastes. I think I may prefer the parfum (have yet to try). For now, I am going to try layering it with Fendi Uomo (a wonderfully dry leather tobacco chypre). I believe that they will make a wonderful combo.

I am also considering Chanel No.19, Dior Homme, and Guerlain Heritage as possible good partners to Habanita EDT. Any excuse to start layering / combining perfumes...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Me! I am a convert, thanks to Shadesofbleu for a sample. I tired it long time ago and was not that impressed, and only this past fall I have rediscovered it. Do not get much powder/dryness here at all, it is all quite "moist" with leather, tobacco and vanilla. Been viewing e-tailers to buy a bottle!

I don't wear it yet, but I'm looking for a bottle.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I had forgotten about Habanita. I owned it once and like you, got alot of powdery scent with this one. I liked it well enough but never repurchased because it was maybe not quite what I expected.

bleu autumn haze

I like Habanita a lot, even though I don't wear it frequently. It's not something I feel comfortable wearing to work, it's too sexy, too "much" for workwear.

On my skin, it's tobacco and leather, drizzled with a touch of peach juice and then sprinkled with powder. And I have to admit, that sometimes the tobacco note reminds me of the smell of pot (or what I remember pot smelled like ) I think because of the sweetness. The powder does not become overbearing on me like some people complain about. I have the EDT, which is really long lasting, IMO. I would love to try the parfum sometime ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I bought a small 30ml bottle of the EDT at the Molinard boutique in Nice recently for 11 euros. After the somewhat masculine opening, I find it settles down to a beguiling mix of some of my favourite notes: heliotrope, lilac, faded roses and sweet tobacco/vanilla. This stage is totally at one with my chemistry and smells very sultry and sexy. The drydown is quite powdery and incudes my beloved cedarwood and tonka bean combo. For an EDT this lasts a long time and just seems to get better with each passing moment. I hope you come to love it as much as I do.

nearfantastica

I stumbled across a bottle of the Habanita behind the counter in our fragrance store. I was quite impressed with it. I find that very few women's fragrances match the menacing dark quality that some of the alpha-male fragrances do. Habanita is one of those rare beauties... I have taken to suggesting it as an option to women who don't seem to be impressed with some of the regular floral and oriental staples... it's been very well received in most intances, and quite terribly on another occasion...

Regardless, I find this to be a rather sexy fragrance and I would certainly be curious enough to "want" to know more about any woman who passed me wearing this complex, dark little potion....

a.

Cool Re: any Habanita wearers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    I stumbled across a bottle of the Habanita behind the counter in our fragrance store. I was quite impressed with it. I find that very few women's fragrances match the menacing dark quality that some of the alpha-male fragrances do. Habanita is one of those rare beauties... I have taken to suggesting it as an option to women who don't seem to be impressed with some of the regular floral and oriental staples... it's been very well received in most intances, and quite terribly on another occasion...

Regardless, I find this to be a rather sexy fragrance and I would certainly be curious enough to "want" to know more about any woman who passed me wearing this complex, dark little potion....

a.
    On my 2nd wearing of Habanita, I fully "got it," and now I love it! I love the smoky, leathery, quality to it. That powdery hint actually anchors the smoky richness of it quite nicely. I think "complex" is a good way of putting it. Now for a serious tabacco frag, Czech & Speake's Cuba smells like a cigar! I can't wait to actually try it and see what it smells like on my skin (I have a decant). In the bottle, it smells EXACTLY like tobacco to me. Habanita is tobacco with other good stuff. A sultry woman sitting at a mahogany bar, wearing a fitted leather jacket, a black pillbox hat with a small veil of black netting (did something happen? we'll never know), her black leather gloves on the bar next to her. She's drinking Grand Marnier on the rocks, sitting downwind from an elegant, elderly Cuban man smoking a Cohiba.
    Last edited by mochi227; 28th December 2006 at 04:37 AM.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.

=

current favorites:
    =

I have loved Habanita for years...recently added the body lotion to my collection

I have a sample of Habanita for quite a while & tested it about a week ago after not caring it for a long time.
    I remembered it to be really smoky, but this time, it smelled like baby powder (which isnt a bad thing for me) & reminded me a bit of KM Loukoum.
    Today Im testing it again & now its smoky (& pretty sexy ) like I thought it to be.
    I really like it & I hope to purchase a bottle next year!

I usually get sexy, musky baby powder and sweet tobacco. It's dark yet warm and comforting. For me, it's a comfort scent more than anything.

I also find it to be a lovely rich baby powder - along the lines of a leathery Royal Secret. Yet I remember the first time I tried it, it was very smoky. It never has been since though! Unlike Royal Secret it always gets noticed by my husband....

Quote Originally Posted by jacona
    I usually get sexy, musky baby powder and sweet tobacco. It's dark yet warm and comforting. For me, it's a comfort scent more than anything.
    Yup, that's the initial notes on me too. When it dries down, it gets a bit leathery on me, but the tabacco darkness and the powdery sweetness are a very intriguing combination! I'm wearing it out tonight I will report back if anything interesting happens

=

current favorites:
    =