Code of Conduct

Default Anyone Know MM by Molinard?

I got a bottle in a trade with a Canadian member. Not sure where this frag was released. It's not in the directory but it is on their website.

At first I was kinda ho hum about it...you know Molinard scents...they are of good quality and relatively inexpensive but barely make much of a splash in the perfume world...their scents seem very traditional and not "trend setting" in the way I consider, say Terre de Hermes...

Anyway I wore it today on a lark and was really impressed. It's a traditional, masculine, spicy, sweet but not too sweet scent with good projection and longetivity. It's bold for a Molinard...a few of them have seemed kinda weak to me...and while again nothing groundbreaking, wearing it today was a pleasant experience.

I've never seen it mentioned here. Anyone know it, and what is your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone Know MM by Molinard?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutaclue
    I got a bottle in a trade with a Canadian member. Not sure where this frag was released. It's not in the directory but it is on their website.

At first I was kinda ho hum about it...you know Molinard scents...they are of good quality and relatively inexpensive but barely make much of a splash in the perfume world...their scents seem very traditional and not "trend setting" in the way I consider, say Terre de Hermes...

Anyway I wore it today on a lark and was really impressed. It's a traditional, masculine, spicy, sweet but not too sweet scent with good projection and longetivity. It's bold for a Molinard...a few of them have seemed kinda weak to me...and while again nothing groundbreaking, wearing it today was a pleasant experience.

I've never seen it mentioned here. Anyone know it, and what is your opinion?
    Firstly its called M De Molinard (the red ink )
    Formerly known as Molinard De Molinard

Second it has been relaunched in an Edp 1.7oz version so it will not be so weak and not "relatively inexpensive"

Gosh...I stand corrected.

"Firstly,"the Molinard website calls it MM, so I'll take it from the source.

"Second," I', talking about the fragrance that's out there, not one in the future.

My thread was to solicit opinions rather than being corrected on technicalities, but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Rebelwithoutaclue; 21st December 2006 at 02:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by realbrisk

Second it has been relaunched in an Edp 1.7oz version so it will not be so weak and not "relatively inexpensive"
    Ha! This gets my vote for snippiest response of 2006! Or rather it would if JamesEsq hadn't got that award a month or so ago.

So sorry realbrisk, but onward to '07 and better luck there!

Eluard

Quote Originally Posted by realbrisk

Puzzling

Molinard de Molinard is a very feminine scent in a feminine bottle , but MM, as it is also called on OzMoz, is masculine, lauched in 2004 as woody spicy scent. Are we really talking about the same fragrance here?

But in case I am wrong: don't even think of making sniping remarks. I bite
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    Ha! This gets my vote for snippiest response of 2006! Or rather it would if JamesEsq hadn't got that award a month or so ago.

So sorry realbrisk, but onward to '07 and better luck there!

Eluard
    Yep. Nothing like a noob making a great impression!