Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for December 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Just a thought but, perhaps we could start a thread with all our new purchases, that way we can also keep track and keep ourselves updated on new purchases and scent experiences...
    No way to find out whether this idea will fly unless we try. MUA has a purchases diary that may suit some, but let's see what happens with this thread.

What did you buy today?
    Last edited by Quarry; 30th December 2006 at 04:52 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Today I bought ...

Alrighty then...I'll go first!

Today I bought Samsara body lotion, Ysatis body lotion and L'Instant de Guerlain body lotion. (Yes, I've suddenly decided I must have the lotions that accompany all of my most favorite scents!)

Don't really want to think about how much I spent. I'll think about that tomorrow.
    ~*Christy*~

today i bought castelbajac
    and
    salvador dali pour homme.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Ehm..............10 corso como and Ysatis Iris - full bottles, again promising myself that I wouldn´t buy any more frag for at least one year. I have toooooooooo many.

In December? Um, it 's TOO embarassing!!

Narcisse Noire who isn't the haughty lady I remember (sigh)....and do decants count?

This is a TERRIBLE idea - confronting oneself with one's addiction.......
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Yesterday (I'm not anticipating any purchases today!) I received my full-size tester of Habanita by Molinard, a new in box 1 oz spray of Caron Parfum Sacre, and two testers of Mugler Alien. I have a package on its way with a nearly-full size bottle of Basala by Shiseido (yes, a man's scent but uh...I guess I like those!)...and I think that it is. Although I believe there's some things that caught my eye on eBay last night!! :-o

The excuse I say is "I'm building my collection," and well...I rarely buy full sizes unless I am sure I love it or the blind buy deal is very good (rationalizations, excuses lol)
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Nothing yet today...yesterday is another matter. I bought a small bottle of Asja,and put down the Prada. The problem is that I almost bought the bargain Prada eventhough I don't really like it because the price is right. Ultimately I decided to wait and splurge on a new bottle of Ambre Sultan at a later date.

Congratulations to everyone on your new purchases! Yesterday I bought a new 50ml bottle of Armani Mania (black, original) for the mere 8 dollars , as my old one was almost empty and I just could not pass this bargain. Can decant it now, too!

Thank you Quarry for starting this thread

Well then, since I did not buy anything today... and the day is still young I'll bring us up to speed with this last week's purchases:

I bought:

Full/half bottles:

1/2 bottle of 50ml Venezia Laura Biagiotti
    2 bottles of Lolita Lempicka
    Sensi edp
    Lalique Le Parfum
    Narcisse Noir Caron
    Chanel 19

and two mini bottles:

Dune Christian Dior
    Tendre Poison Christian Dior
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Today i bought Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle, the smallest bottle, 50 mL... I have considerd it for several months... This is a limited edition, and that is really a pitty! I will not be able to get it again next winter... This is the first limited edition i got myself, and I will not get many of these!

Got in the mail today (ordered last week):
    Cabaret by Grès (30 ml)
    Chantilly by Dana (15 ml)
    Kenzo Amour (30 ml + the cutest little mini bottle!)
    Euphoria (30 ml + 200 ml body lotion)

All were "cheapies". (4$ for the beautiful Chantilly :bounce
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I didn't make a purchase today, but yesterday I bought:
    Hypnotic Poison 40 ml
    Diorissimo 30 ml (for mum)

During December.... (I am too embarassed to give you a full list)

Last week I got Lulu Guiness "Life if a bed of Roses" and Evelyn Rose. I haven't been out today.....

In the past seven days, I've bought the following:

Prada (1oz)
    Delices de Cartier (1oz)
    and a ginormous bottle of Tabu, which came with a body lotion and a shower gel.

I try to keep track of the reasons that I buy, too, so that I can figure out when I'm shopping compulsively.

So:

Prada had been tested extensively prior to buying, and I knew that I liked it. I also thought my wardrobe was lacking in warm, spicy scents.

Delices had also been tested quite a bit, and I didn't think I liked it, but that cherry note (and the gorgeous bottle) kept me craving it for months. It was my Christmas present to myself.

Tabu was completely unreasonable. I wanted a dark, dark, dark spicy woods scent, and I had heard that Tabu fit the bill. I also recalled a conversation on Basenotes about how underappreciated and much-maligned it was. And it was $5, and I wanted to give it a chance.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Very, very recently I have purchased...

Neroli Sauvage by Creed
    Bvlgari Black
    Carven Homme
    Opium pour Homme (gift)
    Very Irresistable (gift)

WOW!

My most recent purchase arrived last week: a bottle of Avignon.

I also recently purchased a replacement bottle of Gendarme -- couldn't resist the great deal at Sephora: around $15.75 for a 4 oz. bottle. I see they are now out of stock again.

My wish list is becoming too lengthy to contemplate!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

My most recent purchase was from perfumebay last week
    A tester bottle of Arabie for $60 and a limited edition bottle of
    Le Baiser du Dragon in the pretty bottle with the silver design that looks like a chinese character but I suspect it is not.

I am trying to hold out for a bottle of Ambre Sultan also. I have a friend going to Paris in January and may ask her to bring me back something.

I may try to pick up a small bottle of Chantilly for my Mom for the holidays, though. It is the only fragrance she will wear anymore.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Agent Provocateur Maitresse bodywash (2 weeks ago).

Wink Re: Today I bought ...

Last week I bought
    YSL l'Homme (gift for younger son)
    JPG Le Male (gift for older son)
    Eau Sauvage (gift for husband)
    30ml Habanita
    30ml Nirmala
    Comme Une Evidence (Yves Rocher) Gift for Mum.
    I was in France and got carried away .... what with duty free
    and Molinard shops what can a girl do?
    Today I am buying ABSOLUTEL NOTHING and probably the same
    for at least a month!!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm eating my words (posted in Tink's thread about Rochas Femme) that I didn't think I'd want more than a sample vial of Femme. I just arranged to buy a once-tested, 3.4 oz. bottle for $15.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Yesterday I bought a full size bottle of L de Lolita Lempicka and a decant of Ysatis Iris via ebay.

Today I plan to go to TJMaxx and purchase the Burberry Brit Red gift set, provided they are still there.
    ~*Christy*~

Full bottles of Ungaro I & Indulge by Eadward Perfumes
    Decants of ;
    Ambre Russe
    Voleur de roses
    Cuba
    L'homme sage
    Fumeri Turque

Full bottle of Shiseido Basala (YUM!) and decants of Passage D'Enfer, Czech & Speake Cuba, Padparadscha, Jicky, Muscs Koublai Khan, dozens of testers including some googies from L'Artisan...I am in olfactory heaven!
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.

=

current favorites:
    =

nearfantastica

Quote Originally Posted by mochi227
    Full bottle of Shiseido Basala (YUM!) and decants of Passage D'Enfer, Czech & Speake Cuba, Padparadscha, Jicky, Muscs Koublai Khan, dozens of testers including some googies from L'Artisan...I am in olfactory heaven!
    Those are some "killer" selections.. Basala, Passage D'enfer... MKK and Jicky in particular are fragrances with character to spare! Enjoy.

You like to make a statement, don't you?

a.

I got Vanille Noire du Mexique lotion and Cote Bastide Fleur d'Oranger body cream in the mail today. I'm not going to buy anything else for awhile. (I think Santa got me some Chanel No. 19 edt!)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I can't believe I just made a blind buy on ebay. No blind buys, no blind buys, no blind buys, my precious . Have I lost my mind? We'll see.

Hermes Amber Narguile, 15ml, $40.99+$4(S&H).

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    I can't believe I just made a blind buy on ebay. No blind buys, no blind buys, no blind buys, my precious . Have I lost my mind? We'll see.

Hermes Amber Narguile, 15ml, $40.99+$4(S&H).
    Aaahh, sweet, sweet Quarry, you have joined the dark side ! MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

But if makes you feel any better I just bought Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie completely and totally UNSNIFFED. Oh!! and at Marshall's, even though I do not like it, I bought Jolie Madame for the simply fact it was $9.99 and I'm a bargain whore .

**WELCOME ABOARD THE S.S. LOONEY, PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEAT NEXT MUSSE & TINKER.... WE'RE AWFUL GLAD YOU'RE HERE !**
    Last edited by tinker424; 21st December 2006 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Aaahh, sweet, sweet Quarry, you have joined the dark side ! MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

But if makes you feel any better I just bought Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie completely and totally UNSNIFFED. Oh!! and at Marshall's, even though I do not like it, I bought Jolie Madame for the simply fact it was $9.99 and I'm a bargain whore .

**WELCOME ABOARD THE S.S. LOONEY, PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEAT NEXT MUSSE & TINKER.... WE'RE AWFUL GLAD YOUR HERE !**
    Hehe, sooner or later my dear it was only a matter of time...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

This thread is a great idea Quarry! I think it might have "The most meaningless topic ever" potential (in popularity/number-of-posts). The guys tried a few "This month's purchases" threads but that died out. Good luck to this one I'll be back to post when I buy something.

mochi227, I think Basala would be quite delicious on a woman. It doesn't smell especially masculine to me.

Soon to arrive in the mail, samples of: Miss Dior Cherie, Giorgio Armani Sensi, Betsey Johnson, Ralph Lauren Hot, Narciso Rodriguez, Burberry Touch.

Just received Velvet rope and Madness. Love them both!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Congratulations to everyone on your new purchases! Yesterday I bought a new 50ml bottle of Armani Mania (black, original) for the mere 8 dollars , as my old one was almost empty and I just could not pass this bargain. Can decant it now, too!
    oh i love mania for men. my boyfriend wore this on our first few dates. very sexy mem'ries. mmm. yummy.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Bvlgari Fever

Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir
    BLV pour femme
    Voile de Jasmin

I just received a bottle of Bvlgari's Rose Essentiel as a gift from my twin sister.

Today I also bought samples online of Tom Ford's Black Orchid, L'Artisan Dzongkha, and Creed's Love in White. I also got some decant bottles to carry around miniatures of my favorite scents.

l'eau par kenzo pour femme - gave it as a present to my friend.

Nothing so far. Ah well...the evening ain't over yet...
    ~*Christy*~

I just received a large "preview sample" bottle of DK Gold, with matching lotion and a handful of minis.

Somewhere around 2am this morning (before I went to bed) I blindly bought 3 vials of perfume absolute from CB I Hate Perfume:

Burning Leaves
    CB93
    Patchouli Empire

I couldn't resist! They're so cheap ($10-$15 each) and his ideas about fragrance intrigue me. Hopefully this blind purchase goes better than my first one a couple of nights ago: Gucci Rush, which was too cheap to resist at Nordstrom Rack, and is a synthetic monster on me, blech! (swap, anyone?) :-D

today i bought csp vanilla almond as a gift for a friend, 10 corso como for myself, and a crazy cheap yves rocher neonatura cocoon (that one was blind, but it was so cheap! and a bunch of free gifts!). marlen gave it such a good review on his blog that i had to try it. it's not in the BN directory though. anyone know this one?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

I went on eBay to Dragonfly Scent Me (she's one of my favorite sellers) and ordered a decant of A La Nuit and Borneo 1834 to be sent to my beloved twin sister. I just know she'll adore them!!

Today i bought the biggest bottle of 4711: 800ml.
    that should do it!

Hypnotic Poison (1oz) because I quit smoking and wanted to congratulate myself. I wanted something dark and complicated, with an almond note... oddly, after the first few seconds, I don't smell anything sweet or sexy about it, just a dark, velvety almond. It's pure comfort for me.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Congrats on quitting smoking !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djuna
    Hypnotic Poison I wanted something dark and complicated, with an almond note... oddly, after the first few seconds, I don't smell anything sweet or sexy about it, just a dark, velvety almond. It's pure comfort for me.

I totally agree with you there.
    ...oddly, after the first few seconds, I don't smell anything sweet or sexy about it, just a dark, velvety almond. It's pure comfort for me.
    I even get a little bit of saltiness but sweetness is all gone within no time! I'm so glad you are enjoying it .
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 24th December 2006 at 02:00 AM.

Salvador Dali

Congrats on quitting smoking, djuna!! That's wonderful!

Today I was gifted with Juicy Couture by my beloved sister-in-law.
    ~*Christy*~

Hypnotic Poison (1oz) because I quit smoking and wanted to congratulate myself. I wanted something dark and complicated, with an almond note... oddly, after the first few seconds, I don't smell anything sweet or sexy about it, just a dark, velvety almond. It's pure comfort for me.
    You quit smoking?? CONGRATULATIONS! That's fabulous. It's so much better for you in the long run.

Balenciaga's captivating Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline
    Balenciaga's captivating Michelle
    zibeline! how weird! my name is michelle, and just today i was playing around to see if there were any perfumes named michelle, and i discovered this just a few minutes ago. it is captivating you say? i might need to try my namesake!
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

My sister bought Guess Gold and Hilary Duff's With Love for us to share; and surprisingly I actually like With Love.

Notes for Guess Gold - I think I smell chamomile in this one!
    Top notes: Citrus, Golden Apple, Pineapple
    Middle notes: Hyacinth, Pink Pepper, Water Lily, Jasmine, Rose
    Base notes: Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Patchoul, Honey, Amber

Notes for With Love
    Top notes: Mangosteen, Fruit, Exotic Spices
    Middle notes: Mangosteen, Flower, Cocobolo Wood
    Base notes: Amber, Milk, Musk

Also, today hubby bought me that lovely bottle of ange ou démon. I really wanted this one .

Notes for ange ou démon
    Top notes: White thyme, Mandarine, Saffron
    Middle notes:Maxillaria Orchid, Lily, Ylang Ylang
    Base notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Rosewood, Oak Absolute
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 24th December 2006 at 04:45 AM.

Salvador Dali

Divine's L'Homme Sage! 50 ml. atomizer and a 100 ml. refill bottle.
    It is supposed to be for DH

Before the week is over I think I will see him searching desperately for this lovely scent
    No, really, not the foggiest idea where it could be hiding
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by linnea
    I went on eBay to Dragonfly Scent Me (she's one of my favorite sellers) and ordered a decant of A La Nuit and Borneo 1834 to be sent to my beloved twin sister. I just know she'll adore them!!
    Ms. Dragonfly is one of my favorite sellers, also. She has such a large selection of decants from so many different houses.

Congrats to Djuna , no small feat, quitting...power to you!!!

Does it count if I list what I ALMOST bought?
    Brandy, the bottle with the pretty horse on it, someone described it as smelling like the field that Anne of Green Gables ran through with carefree abandon with her best friend Diana...apples in autumn...(only $50 at Aedes)

Nanadebary Pink... LOVE the bottle, thinking I want a girly sweet mindless fragrance... this or the Nanette Lepore in the pretty silly bottle...I think I have been taking life too seriously lately, so I am drawn to these ones.

Just can't spring for these lovelies yet, but I am thinking of them...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

yesterday, while out with my mom, I stopped by the Body Shop and bought the Neroli Jasmine perfume oil. There was a buy one/get one for half off sale, so I bought a small bottle of White Musk. The Neroli Jasmine is quite nice and the oil formulation warms up and wears on the skin beautifully. The White Musk may be a layering piece.

=

current favorites:
    =

Today on ebay I grabbed Infini parfum 7.5mls for $24!!!!!!
    DONNA

...30 mL of Shalimar EdT...

Put my orders in the mail for:

Decants:
    Iquitos
    Opium Pour Homme EDP
    Acier Aluminium
    Black Cashmere EDP

Samples:
    C&S Cuba
    Philosykos
    Opone
    Vetiver Tonka
    Original Santal EDP

Today I got a tiny 15ml edp bottle of Yria (just could not resist it)
    I also got the same size of Cocoon for DH, (he calls it his Prada)
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 29th December 2006 at 03:14 AM.

Salvador Dali

After a few days of hard work with my new home, my shopaholic inner devil urged me to buy something to treat myself. I went to Shiseido and bought Douce Amère.
    I want something that is a bit spicy and contemplating which is the right one to get; Arabie OR Douce Amere?
    I ended up choosing Douce Amere because it is fresher and more suited for the climate over here. I especially love the bitterness in this. I heard that this is a very complex scent. I will be testing this in the next few days to understand how it changes on my skin.

I ordered CdG Avignon. I'm craving incense. And I seem to have good luck with unsniffed buys. *knocks on wood*

...50 mL J del Pozo In Black. This one is hard to find, and I had to make a special order, but finally it is mine! This is the third perfume I got in two bottles.

1oz of Organza...unsniffed :bounce: