Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Today I bought ...

bought a little 2oz bottle of Lauren at Marshalls..who knows if I'll see it again?

Our Marshall's store was very empty today scent-wise. We stopped by Beautycafe (they moved closer to me now!) and got a beautiful 80ml bottle of Henri Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse with the bulb atomizer. Love it's greenness, sweetness, softness and old-fashioned feel.

Norell, perfume strength, online under-$20 bargain. I've worn the lighter versions, but not the perfume -- does that count as a blind buy?

A bottle of Gucci Envy for Men. It's not for me, but for a friend's b'day present. I will present it to him tonight. So...my ban on "no more frags for 2006" has not been violated because, you see, this was not purchased for me
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

So I tried and I FAILED...couldn't resist the 1.7 oz bottle of Apres L'Ondee for 34.99. Never had this one before and always wanted it!

Coco Chanel Mad EDP 35ml tester for $30 usd
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Between today and yesterday I got:

L'Heure Bleue and Sonia Rykiel for me
    Gucci Pour Homme for hubby
    Daim Blond for us to share
    Chergui for us to share
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Acqua di Parma: Iris Nobile EdT and bodylotion @ 30 % off

Today...Cristobal, Bulgari Blue Notte & Nuit de Noel edt

Yesterday...Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir & Halo by Victoria's Secret

I think last week I claimed I was done with buying until April but I guess I just talk out of my ass oh well...

Today I bought Fendi-Theorema 50ml EDP on eBay and I can't wait until I get it. I could take a bath in that stuff!

Nice purchases, gang! I did not buy anything yesterday, but I received a package from Musse ( ), and it is like Christmas all over again.

Musc Ravageur EdP and Oil

I had plenty of time to sniff and shop, I've got a week off
    Yesterday I splurged on:
    - Lutens' Vétiver Oriental (oh, Riannon, you were so right, this is swoonworthy!)
    - Mazzolari Alessandro for my almond scents collection
    - several products from Lush: 2 shower gels with glitters (sometimes the girlie-girl in me takes over ), two soaps (one of them being the elusive Snow White), one body butter and got loads of small soap samples and one awfully good hand balsam sample.
    I also sniffed:
    Lolita Lempicka "L": oh well, basically a vanilla scent where I got also an anise-y note, probably due to the immortelle flower - rather lovely, but not an immediate must-have;
    Tom Ford "Black Orchid": oh goodness, I have to test this one again. One spritz on the hand wasn't enough, all I remember is an explosion of sweet, dark fruit that lasted 10 minutes and a drydown which uncannily reminded me of Addict . When I asked for a sample to test at home, the SA regarded me as if I were a wriggling, white worm thingy , so I guess I will have to get a decant of it.
    Creed "Ambre Cannelle": I love amber and I love cinnamon (that's why I love Ambre Narguilé) and sampled this because of a recent thread on the gents' side. The old-fashioned opening and the too soft cinnamon note thet ensued did nothing for me. Didn't last long either...sorry, byebye :wave:
    Clive Christian "X": this is the second time I test it, and does it smell of MONEY! It's seamlessly blended, peaches-and-cream enveloping a subdued floral heart and a smooooth sandalwood-vanilla drydown with a touch of patchouli. It lasts forever and is worthy of a young queen. Alas, so is the price . Pu-leeeze, I don't want to sample it any more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Nice ones, Lady in Black! I LOVE Black Orchid. I have a decant too. I would recommend a decant so you can "get it" after a few wears. The decomposition notes of Black Orchid are what really get me: so weird, but oh so good.

I have not purchased anything because I've put a moratorium on frag purchases until 2007 (only a few days away now!) but I'm bidding on some discontinued frags at eBay. Will report back when the auctions end (in 2007! LOL)
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black

Clive Christian "X": this is the second time I test it, and does it smell of MONEY! It's seamlessly blended, peaches-and-cream enveloping a subdued floral heart and a smooooth sandalwood-vanilla drydown with a touch of patchouli. It lasts forever and is worthy of a young queen. Alas, so is the price . Pu-leeeze, I don't want to sample it any more
    Here comes Riannon, the original serpent in the garden of BaseNotes
    Sniff, sniff, ah....an elegant Italian Lady. In Black, eh? Clive Christian "X" black, I think. A lady like a Medici princess *dangles Clive before nose of LIB*.
    Did you say "expensive", dear? Ah, that is all a matter of opinion. If you treat this bottle with extreme care it could easily last for three or four years. Then it is in fact really a very cheap bottle. And a good investment as well
    Well, I do know a certain woman who will poison your enemies for a sample of this.
    Or clean your windows *sigh, deep, deep sigh*

Well, how about that for a 'salestalk'? :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Went sampling with my daughter and finally tried both Nanette Lepore scents...liked them both, but rather mild to my nose...
    Sniffed a lot of paper strips, Mischa Badgly stood out, smelled like peaches, or pineapple? Smooth , sweet and mellow.
    Only Coco by Chanel and Shalimar made it onto my skin and I wore them home. Coco, I immediately loved, reminiscent of Opium to me, but lighter. However, as the evening wore on, she became a bit high pitched on me. Again, I am wondering if this is aldehydes or what?
    Shalimar, upon immediate spritzing made me think of nail polish remover and I was very dismayed, thinking, that damn Guerlain house has done it again!
    But after a few minutes of drydown, I very much enjoyed Shalimar. And found the long term drydown to be quite wonderful , actually.
    While I could see myself wearing these sparingly , neither is a must have for me.
    So what did we end up buying?
    Hilary Duff, with love, a little perfume roll one wand.
    The fragrance is soft, sweet, rather like apples, and will be worn both by myself and daughter.
    Now, let's get serious:
    Eagerly awaiting decants of ....drum roll, please!!! my favorite "pussy" frag he he he ....
    Ambre Sultan!
    and a blind decant buy of Montale's Paris Velvet Flowers.
    AND a whole bunch of Frederick Malle samples and decant of Carnal Flower.
    ANOTHER blind buy!
    Hoping to get bang for my buck and some direction about where my next serious purchase will be. Itching to invest in a full bottle of something I love, but exercising some restraint...I want to make it count.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Did you say "expensive", dear? Ah, that is all a matter of opinion. If you treat this bottle with extreme care it could easily last for three or four years. Then it is in fact really a very cheap bottle. And a good investment as well
    You aren't affiliated in any way, hein??? Although I wish you were, could plead for a discount...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for December 2006)

I found a bottle of Cacharel Eden on sale so I had to buy it. I also added another bottle of Amour de Cacao to the one that's already at home... what can I say, I'm a sucker for a good deal and that Amour de Cacao is addictive .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Basenotes Plus

On Christmas Eve I bought myself Sabon Ginger/Orange Butter Cream and Patchouli/Vanilla/Lavender Body Scrub at the booth in Bryant Park. VERY nice stuff!

I was gifted with Hanae Mori edp spray and Parfum d'Empire Eau Suave. Here is a link to the Aedes website for a description of Eau Suave.

http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1824
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Last purchase of the year: Safari EDP...
    I've missed it

I wound up the year by trying to familiarize myself with the niche houses. I bought 5 ml decants of the following:

Carnal Flower - Malle
    Rahat Loukhoum - Lutens
    Hiris - Hermes (not niche, but not a well-known house for me)
    La Chasse Aux Papillons - L'Artisan
    Angelique Encens - Creed

I also bought small (1ml) samples of the following:

Musc Ravageur
    Chelsea Flowers
    Chinatown
    New Haarlem

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

My last purchase of the 2006 was that of Cacharel Noa Perle which I bought for my mother in law.

The fragrance was created by Domitille Bertier and Olivier Polge, and includes notes of white peony, freesia, orange blossom, hazelnut blossom, kumquat, and pink pepper.

Top notes: Pink Pepper, Kumquat
    Middle notes: White Peony, Freesia, Orange Blossom
    Base notes: Hazelnut Blossom

Salvador Dali

i got the magnetic bottles of gaultier2
    and a mat; very male...

my siter got the big refillable Angel by thierry mugler...
    i might b*men for the new year
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Soon to arrive samples of:

Popy Moreni
    Subtil by Salvatore Ferragamo
    L' Instant de Guerlain
    Burberry Brit Red
    Gucci
    Mira Bai By Chopard
    Wish Pink Diamond By Chopard

1 oz. bottles of:

Casmir Blue By Chopard
    Wish By Chopard