Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi l'Uomo (1995)?

I would like to read as many opinions/reviews as possible about this already discontinued and surprisingly little reviewed fragrance before deciding to buy it (blind and at pretty high price) or leave it, so I appeal to you for your help! Please let me know, what you think of this scent - your input is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    -Tero-

Default Re: Trussardi l'Uomo (1995)?

It vanished within an hour the few times I wore it - it then shortly got swapped.

Oh, how I was looking to forward to this great scent. I had it on my wishlist for the longest time. The notes sounded interesting and I love it's older brother Trussardi Uomo, so you can imagine how I felt when I stumbled upon a tester of this at a perfume shop. I sprayed my hand ready to be blown away, but was left with what I can only be described as "wet dog."

I have no idea why it reminded me of a wet dog but it did. I couldn't stand it and I had to wash it off. I usually like all scents, even if they're not great, but Trussardi L'Uomo and Very Irresistable remain the only scents I've tried that have reminded my of a wet dog, and ones I had to wash off. Still, I know some people here love it.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    Oh, how I was looking to forward to this great scent. I had it on my wishlist for the longest time. The notes sounded interesting and I love it's older brother Trussardi Uomo, so you can imagine how I felt when I stumbled upon a tester of this at a perfume shop. I sprayed my hand ready to be blown away, but was left with what I can only be described as "wet dog."

I have no idea why it reminded me of a wet dog but it did. I couldn't stand it and I had to wash it off. I usually like all scents, even if they're not great, but Trussardi L'Uomo and Very Irresistable remain the only scents I've tried that have reminded my of a wet dog, and ones I had to wash off. Still, I know some people here love it.
    Oops..I dodn't know there were two different scents. I was referring to Trussardi Uomo.

This one is nothing like Trussardi Uomo. l'Uomo is sweeter and more casual. You missed out on my bottle I had on ebay last week that sold for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    You missed out on my bottle I had on ebay last week that sold for $40.
    Damn! The one I'm watching is about 15-20 bucks more expensive (direct buy) :-/ The shipping costs are probably cheraper though, so the total price difference may not be that remarkable (I hope). But the questions goes like this: Is this fragrance worth of $60-65????

-Tero-

Gimpy, I hear you bro -- I too thought it smelled exactly like a wet dog.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Eau de Wet Dog doesn't sound very intriguing to me :-/ I guess I won't buy this one, at least not without testing it first...

Thanks for your thoughts guys!

-Tero-

I'm confused as to the similar names but if you're referring to L'Uomo Trussardi as a "wet dog scent", I would have to differ with y'all as it's a sweet, slightly spicy scent to me and very nice.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Hello Gents,

I wanted to bring this thread up again to talk about this fragrance that's seldom discussed on his forum. It's a great masculine in my opinion which is quite strong and I love it as it reminds me of my Grandad. The tomato leaves in this is full on and it carries throughout the scent's duration. I find it bold and a 'Don't mess with me' mature man's fragrance. I think I'd only wear it in a work situation or a gathering that needed me to demand some attention or respect, if you get my drift. Perhaps other occasions too but it needs to be applied with a deft touch.

Not to be confused with Trussardi Uomo which it frequently does. It's very, very different and I enjoy the bottle I have. Very strong, Italian, mature and assertive.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    Not to be confused with Trussardi Uomo which it frequently does. It's very, very different and I enjoy the bottle I have. Very strong, Italian, mature and assertive.
    What is your take on its longevity? I faintly remember it as not lasting very long.

I find longevity on this brilliant. A good 10-12 hours on me and my skin soaks up fragrances. This scent just sits on top of my skin and projects like hell. From the smell of it coming out of the bottle I find it hard to believe anyone would get poor longevity from this but everyone is different. I wonder if people getting poor longevity and 'wet dog' had bad bottles. This is unlike any other fragrance I've ever come across. Quite unique I think. Some people would find it dated I suppose but I love 'older' type scents with the good ingredients.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!