Code of Conduct

Default Mitsouko EdP - old vs. new

After reading so much about this fragrance I finally tried it (only new edt available). Well, it is nice, but I imagine the EdP or Parfum are something different. There is a store here that even carries some old 50ml EdP rechargeable bottles (as ingredients are listed: Alcohol, Parfum, Aqua - so it must be old indeed). I would buy it instantly, if there wasn't one problem: the price! They take 80 Euro opposed to 60 for the new EdP bottles(no oakmoss listed on them, only tree moss, so I guess they are reformulated).
    Has anybody tested both EdP versions? Is the old one worth spending that much?

Next question: can a man wear it? As I said before, I only tested the EdT which is not too feminine for my taste, but after reading about the reformulation I fear I could miss something wonderful.

Default Re: Mitsouko EdP - old vs. new

I would recommend swapping someone on these boards for the old EDP or EDT. It would be fastest to find someone in Europe. I'm in the U.S. and could swap the old EDT with you. Please post the results, because alot of people want to know how the old formula compares with the new one.
    Mitsouko is the only Guerlain that I know that the EDT resembles the EDP fairly closely. The EDT has stronger top notes and is a little harsher, the EDP is sweeter and deeper, but they are still pretty similar (compared to other Guerlain scents.)
    And yes, of course, men can wear it. It is not too-sweet or flowery. The wood dominates, and the peach is not very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ukulele
    Next question: can a man wear it? As I said before, I only tested the EdT which is not too feminine for my taste, but after reading about the reformulation I fear I could miss something wonderful.
    Well, all I've tried is the reformulation but I did on the other hand buy a bottle of that a few days ago. So yes.

Thanks for the answers so far. I think I'll get a tester of the (new) EdP and wait until someone sells on ebay or I'll just save for the extrait, I think the price for 7,5ml is about 90 Euro!