Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PDN New York on Ebay

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that PDN New York is once again being offered at a great price on EBAY, 35.00 for the old style 1.7oz bottle. I think he has about 9 or so bottles left.

See link here: PDN NEW YORK

My lovely 89 year old grandmother just sent me a big fat check for Christmas...so I decided to indulge myself in a bottle of the PDN(my decant was running low) and while I was at it also grabbed a 35.00 bottle of Erolfa from Creeddirect for the summer. Thanks Grandma!! Now, what other wonderful smellies can I spend the remainder on? A Borneo bell jar would sure be nice....alas, not a bottle to be had on ebay. :::sigh::: I've decided whatever cash I get for Christmas is mad money(which for me typically means perfume money!) I'll not spend it on bills or anything practical, dammit! Not one cent!

Anyone else have any fragrance purchases in mind to be bought with your Christmas booty?

Happy Holidays!!

Kim
    Last edited by GraySwan; 20th December 2006 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: PDN New York on Ebay

I've already bought one bottle from this dealer, and have swapped for another one with rach2jlc. LOVE it! (Very much in the same vein as my beloved Bois de Portugal, but more powdery.)

My Christmas plans? Think my best friend bought me a bottle of Scent Intense, and also of Ricci Club. Another very good friend has already given me a wonderful bottle of Havana Reserva.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Wow, great offer. I really want some of that juice, but think some Guerlain Jicky EdP and Richard James EdT will come before unfortunately. Shipping and handling to Sweden seem to be $30, which I do find outrageous when the price is $35. Still a good price, but shipping never cost that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Wow, great offer. I really want some of that juice, but think some Guerlain Jicky EdP and Richard James EdT will come before unfortunately. Shipping and handling to Sweden seem to be $30, which I do find outrageous when the price is $35. Still a good price, but shipping never cost that much.
    Shipping fragrances overseas is always a little touchy... so I think that sometimes sellers over-inflate the shipping price to dissuade foreign buyers (or, to dissuade all but true die hards who HAVE to have the fragrance and so are willing to pay that amount for shipping).
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    That is ridiculous. I've shipped a ton of bottles oveseas and it costs me $2 for a box and around $12 for shipping for one bottle, so I charge $15 for shipping.
    By the way almost all of the rare stuff I've sold on ebay was bought by Europeans. I think they have better taste in fragrances.

As for PdN New York, I love it but I don't see the connection to BdP.

Post Thanks / Like

That's an excellent price.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to go for a bottle, but the shipping costs ruined everything ....
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought from this seller a few times and, like I said, I doubt that he's intentionally gouging in order to make a profit off of shipping as much as he is simply wary of shipping overseas. You see it all over ebay; the worst I ever saw was for a clothing seller whose international shipping STARTED at $50. Domestic shipping, on the other hand, was like $6 or something.

Some sellers have really good luck shipping overseas and never have lost a shipment. Others (like me), aren't so lucky. I've had a few lost shipments where the buyer claims not to have received the item, filed a claim, and because there is no tracking available for USPS, I was out the original cost of the item, the sale price, the shipping, etc. And, I never got the item back. I only use ebay for selling occasional items I don't wear/use, so that loss of $75 or more quickly turns one off of overseas shipping. I used ebay to clean out my closet and it ends up cleaning out my pocketbook.

So, I can understand the sentiment, somewhat; some sellers don't want to completely refuse to sell to someone if they really want it, but also they don't want to encourage it too openly (by offering really cheap shipping) because of the risk involved. When that package is handed off by USPS at the border/customs office to the nation's postal system, it's COMPLETELY out of their hands.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 21st December 2006 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good points all, rach, however, I think it's terribly unfair to list exhorbitant international rates simply to deter international bidders.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I really wanted to go for a bottle, but the shipping costs ruined everything ....
    Same here

No offense, guys, but you have to understand what a colossal pain in the ass international shipping can be, especially to Germany and Scandinavia. Furthermore (and yes, I'm sure I'll hear some major howls here), I've had very, very bad luck in other arenas insofar as selling to Germans and Swedes is concerned. Couple THOSE experiences with awful customs headaches (sometimes in triplicate, I kid you not!), painfully long waits in line at the post office, and constant shipping snafus and you'll soon understand why I started to refuse to ship outside the U.S. (I'll occasionally make exceptions for the UK and Canada, but even then not too often.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Good points all, rach, however, I think it's terribly unfair to list exhorbitant international rates simply to deter international bidders.
    Oh, I agree with you completely, but what is the alternative? Is it better for him to say "No International Shipping. Period!?" He has no incentive to lower his international prices.

EDIT: Matt posted while I was writing mine. I have to agree with him. I do most all of my domestic with the Automated Shipper (APC), but you can't for international. Plus, customs forms, getting the right envelopes, etc etc etc. A 3 minute job turns into 30. Not to mention that IF customs seizes the package and charges a duty, you don't get "I understand" or "Thanks anyway" from your customer when they receive the package; they're pissed and often want YOU to pay the duty, even though you may have marked it as a "gift."

So, the more I think of it, if it costs $15 to ship something, how much is the added time and headache worth? I don't know if it is worth $20 more (as the seller is asking), but it IS a factor.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 21st December 2006 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rather than attempt to deter international bidders with ridiculous shipping rates, I'd rather the seller simply do as lampboy and not accept international bids. Yes, period. If it's that colossal a pain in the derriere.

When I do sell something on Ebay, I only ship internal to the US. I also don't bid on auctions outside the US. Not because I'm a xenophobe or something. What's good for the goose...
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ifconfig]Rather than attempt to deter international bidders with ridiculous shipping rates, I'd rather the seller simply do as lampboy and not accept international bids. Yes, period. If it's that colossal a pain in the derriere.
    QUOTE]

I don't know, though, because then the buyers have no chance of getting the item. So, it's better to have no shipping at all than expensive shipping?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just asking a question that I don't necessarily have an answer for. I see positives to both sides, really...

THANK YOU! I had not seen this seller before, and as I am in the US, shipping is not a problem (sorry for you overseas folks -- the shipping does sound ridiculous!) So I grabbed a bottle. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I'll vouch for his service; since the bottles he has are old stock (I think he said he bought out a boutique that went out of business), one of them that he sent me had spoiled (a PdN Eau de Provence EDC). Anyway, I told him it had spoiled and he sent me a new one, free of charge and with no additional shipping. And, I got to keep the old bottle (I poured out the spoiled juice, but it was a refillable container, so now I have an extra).

Of course, that is what he should have done with a spoiled bottle, but we all know that customer service and ebay don't always go hand-in-hand... but this seller seems to me to make good on his sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PBI (Politely Butting In): Descriptions of this scent sound very, very similar to Coty Emeraude (vintage) and / or Jean Patou Sublime; is this true? Could someone do a comparison please? Thank you.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *