Code of Conduct

Default Should I blind PdN New York?

http://newlondonpharmacy.com/parfums...wyorkeaude.htm

It's 65 bucks, free shipping. I havn't tried it but if its anything similar to Bois du Portugal, it has to be good. BdP is my alltime favorite fragrance and I was wondering if blinding this would be a good idea granted I havn't tried it before. Thanks for the input.

Default Re: Should I blind PdN New York?

Yes.

Post Re: Should I blind PdN New York?

Buying blind is always risky yadda yadda yadda.... go for it!

Although, I'm not very objective when it comes to this one.

Geesh, if I had a nickel for every PdN NY thread in the past month, I'd be able to buy us all a bottle for Xmas! Search function?

Anyway, I don't recommend buying it blind. I bought it blind a few weeks ago and for me it just didn't think it lived up to the hype. But, that's the nature of niche scents, for the most part.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 21st December 2006 at 12:03 AM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    http://newlondonpharmacy.com/parfums...wyorkeaude.htm

It's 65 bucks, free shipping. I havn't tried it but if its anything similar to Bois du Portugal, it has to be good. BdP is my alltime favorite fragrance and I was wondering if blinding this would be a good idea granted I havn't tried it before. Thanks for the input.

BDP is one of my top 5 favorites. I adore it. If you love BDP as much as I do...you will also love PdN New York. I bought it blind and was in no way disappointed. The two are indeed kindred spirits. I find PdN a bit more full bodied...richer, if you will. BDP has always seemed to me a softer, gentler version of PdN. They are both beautiful.

Buy it.

Kim

PS: if you want a smaller bottle, less expensive...there is a seller on Ebay offering the 1.7oz for $35.00 link

markc has 2.5ml spray testers of this on the sell forum for (I think) $4.00.
    He's out of town until tomorrow, but I PM'ed him with an order for this one, among many others.

Good Luck.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by GraySwan
    BDP is one of my top 5 favorites. I adore it. If you love BDP as much as I do...you will also love PdN New York. I bought it blind and was in no way disappointed. The two are indeed kindred spirits. I find PdN a bit more full bodied...richer, if you will. BDP has always seemed to me a softer, gentler version of PdN. They are both beautiful.

Buy it.
    Kim
    I have yet to try NY, but from your description PDN NY sounds like a good substitute product for BdP. No need to splash out enormous amounts of cash for BdP then.
    -

New York is more citrusy (lemon), more powdery, and less woody. Differences aside though, the overall feel of the two scents is definately similar. I prefer New York. I think it is much more versatile.

No, don't buy it blind! Then again, that's my new piece of advice for anyone contemplating a blind buy, any blind buy.

If you like Bois du Portugal, you'll like New York. Giraffe's spot on: it's way more "harsh", by which I mean citrusy and powdery, than BdP. Get a sample first, best money you'll spend.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I don't get the connection to BdP(which I don't like---don't shoot me ) but I love NY. I think it's truly unisex; powerdery and sweet

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    markc has 2.5ml spray testers of this on the sell forum for (I think) $4.00.
    He's out of town until tomorrow, but I PM'ed him with an order for this one, among many others.

Good Luck.
    thanks, I just ordered a 1/4 oz decant of from him after reading this. i guess that will settle it. thanks for the imput guys.