Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 21 December

Fed up with all the Christmas carols and candysweet movies I wished yesterday for something with more 'bite'. It seems sometimes someone is listening.
    This morning I woke with the sound of Billy Joel's "Goodnight Saigon" in my ears and cried.

"And they were sharp
    As sharp as knives
    They heard the hum of our motors
    They counted the rotors
    And waited for us to arrive
    And we would all go down together"

For those who have never heard this song: listen to it and feel the shivers down your spine when you hear the sound of the helicopters.

The only scent I could think of to fit the mood was chosen for the name alone: Passage d'enfer.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Thursday 21 December

19 degrees, sunny.

Testing Etro Shaal Nur today, thanks tdem for the decant.
    According to the Etro site, the notes in Shaal Nur are:
    Top: Citrus floral (lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, tangerine, rosewood, coriander)
    Heart: Aromatic floral (thyme, tarragon, rosemary, karo karoundé, rose, petit grain)
    Base: Spicy, woody, amber (nutmeg, patchouli, vetiver, cedar wood, opoponax, incense, musk)

I didn't get any compliment from dad this morning, he said the scent smells like an old drawer with lemon moth balls? ... I enjoy it, but I guess it is not the scent that I would buy.

due to a waste of time interview yesterday i was compelled to shut myself up my buying decants of bvlgaris ( see what i bought today thread )

today im wearing Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir

notes of: Bergamot, Darjeeling Tea, Papyrus, Amber, Musk

at first sniff it is reminiscent of bvlgari black only stronger. But as it makes romance on my skin... i get the Papyrus note. I love smelling like paper. Expensive paper. Very light though. I can't smell my self unless i make an effort. hmmm.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

I'm wearing Narciso Rodriguez edt today.Going on a christmas holiday to my mom today.....a bit nervous about the new travelling rules...Hope all the presents get there in one piece!:O

Coconut dear, I am afraid Shaal Nur smells on me the same as the daintily
    description your dad gave, but in the end you love it and that is all that matters!

Ninamichaela: so sorry to hear that your interview was a waste of time, but I am sure your scent will have made a lasting impression
    At least now you have one of the best excuses to treat yourself to new beauties for your collection. Look on the bright side, dear
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Goodmorning to all!

I wear L'Artisan's Ambre Extreme today, very cosy on this cold, grey day.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Heure Exquise
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Serge Lutens - Santal de Mysore

Greetings to all! Jean Couturier Coriandre old perfume today for a hard day at work.

Ninamichaela: what a pity it did not go the way you -- and we all! -- planned.
    Tinker424: hope you feel better, darling!

Have a nice Thursday, everyone.

I wanted something girly today and reached for the NR for Her, but couldn't ignore the whip cracking sound of Tabac Blond that was beckoning to me...
    So I found myself doing the one on each wrist and rotate them through the air in front of your nose move that I think moondeva recommended, and voila!
    Leather and roses!
    So I go forth into the day with Tabac Blond on my wrists and NR on the belly...
    God help me!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Trouble today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thank you well-wishers!
    I can sort of smell the Narcisse Noir edt Pleased to report no cat pee note today!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    I wanted something girly today and reached for the NR for Her, but couldn't ignore the whip cracking sound of Tabac Blond that was beckoning to me...
    So I found myself doing the one on each wrist and rotate them through the air in front of your nose move that I think moondeva recommended, and voila!
    Leather and roses!
    So I go forth into the day with Tabac Blond on my wrists and NR on the belly...
    God help me!
    Another amazing combo there rtamara41 - you are a natural!

The 'spritz & waft' wrist process was by Quarry I think - gotta give proper credit where it's due!

If roses and leather is you thing may I humbly recommend : Vivienne Westwood Anglomania (fruity juicy roses and leather and Paco Rabanne La Nuit (potent, dry, vamp leather & roses).

Combos (rose + leather) that work also are:

JPG Classique EDP + Caron Tabac Blond
    Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan + Paco Rabanne La Nuit
    SM Stella + Piguet Habanita
    LV Musk + Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Guerlain Nahema + Paco Rabanne La Nuit

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Romance Silver
    Gary

Hypnotic Poison for me today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    19 degrees, sunny.

Testing Etro Shaal Nur today, thanks tdem for the decant.
    According to the Etro site, the notes in Shaal Nur are:
    Top: Citrus floral (lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, tangerine, rosewood, coriander)
    Heart: Aromatic floral (thyme, tarragon, rosemary, karo karoundé, rose, petit grain)
    Base: Spicy, woody, amber (nutmeg, patchouli, vetiver, cedar wood, opoponax, incense, musk)
    Coconut's description and her Dad's reaction has me debating whether I should try Shaal Nur, since grapefruit and I don't usually agree, but the rest of the notes sound glorious to me...

Tinker, glad to hear your nose is recuperating! May the rest of you soon follow suit.

Must be an Etro kind of day, I'm wearing Etra today for sweet comfort and to make having gotten up extra early more bearable.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Burberry Brit Red for me today.
    ~*Christy*~

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    Etro Shaal Nur... I enjoy it, but I guess it is not the scent that I would buy.
    I liked Shaal Nur. I got grapefruit, rosewood, terragon, rosemary, and pleasant sweetness. Although, I have to tell you, I also got--shaving cream. A pleasant memory of my father.

I'm still into the 24, Faubourg.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva
    I should try Shaal Nur, since grapefruit and I don't usually agree, but the rest of the notes sound glorious to me...
    It's not strong grapefruit, definately no Moschino I Love Love. The rosewood is in there, making it a general citrusy scent. And the green spices are just as dominant. Really, it is worth a try. Etro makes some very nice blends. They seem to have two different approaches: one is to make a solo note dominant (such as Sandalo or Messe de Minuit) and another is to make a really well-blended fragrance (such as Shaal Nur and Etra.)

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    Really, [Shaal Nur] is worth a try. Etro makes some very nice blends.
    Oh, no -- Now I need to try *more* Etro frags! Magot has been on my list to test, too, just based on description. DH is getting dizzy because I keep waving my wrists under his nose.

Good morning everyone ,

I'm wearing one of my new purchases from last week for the first time today: Armani Sensi and my first instinct was to layer it with something like Hypnotic Poison or even Lolita Lempicka for some reason. When DH saw what I was about to do, he ran across the room to stop me. LOL he loves it the way it is: soft, ethereal and smelling like a baby! Is he trying to tell me something?

Alright, alright I like it too , especially for its very distinctive “Play-Doh” note!

Top notes: Kaffir Lime, Acacia Farnese
    Middle notes: Cape Jasmine, Barley
    Base notes: Palisander Wood, Benzoin

He is wearing L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I'm wearing Thierry Mugler Alien. It is sweet, it is floral. It smells nothing on me like it does in the flask (I have a good-sized tester). I'm not sure about it yet...sillage seems to be moderately potent, and I was worried I was gassing out those right next to me on the subway, but it's settled down now.

Getting peach or apple blossom, definitely fruity, but there's something under it with bite. Maybe in another hour or two...

from Osmoz
    Top note : Sambac Jasmine Middle note : Cashmeran, Solar Not Base note : White Amber

Where then is this sweet fruit coming from? Maybe it's the Jasmine. When I first applied, I smelled lollipop.
    Last edited by mochi227; 21st December 2006 at 03:10 PM.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

L'Instant de Guerlain. I'm trying it again around the house before I make a public appearance in it. I keep thinking it is too floral for me but I am enjoying it!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Today I applied TOO MUCH Rochas Femme and Poupee just because I wanted to empty the sample vials.

Unlike Goddess_Dreams' dear husband who runs across the room to dissuade her from layering certain scents. My DH and I are having a different experience--I'm cloaking myself in clouds of Rochas and he's, well, he's processing the spicy chili our daughter fed us yesterday. The good news is, we're in our home, which is to say a large school classroom with 14-foot-high ceilings, so there's plenty of air circulation. We have Celtic holiday music playing as rain is flecking the wall of windows that overlook our prairie. Oh, yeah, and there's a turkey in the roaster, so there's that smell, too. :bounce: Life is good.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

You all smell wonderful!

In honor of unintelligence ;-) I'm wearing RL Polo Sport Woman. Fresh spritzy grapefruit on top, dries down to soft clean soap.

Enjoy your day.

Hello Everyone, Etro Shaal Nur is a nice scent, and it does have a good staying power. It's drydown is fabulous. I recommend it to everyone to try this at least.
    In the evening, I switched to Le Male. I think this has become my soulmate, or perhaps a male scent which I talked to when I need a companion. Le Male is funky... the mint and vanilla mix reminded me of serveral good friends who kept me company during some difficult times.

Day 2 of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. So far, no nasty b.o. note! Keep your fingers crossed. I love this stuff when it behaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Day 2 of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. So far, no nasty b.o. note! Keep your fingers crossed. I love this stuff when it behaves.
    Hope you continue to have good luck with Pamplelune. Its opening is the best grapefruit ever!

I'm wearing Fleurs de Citronnier over Cote Bastide orange blossom body cream today.

Omnia bodylotion for the day.

And for the eve - a Ralph Lauren: Ralph Hot EdP.

I also took my Etro: Gomma.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

My fever moved to my throat and nose. I woke up last night in literal pain with a sore throat. It hurt to breath. Fortunately I am all alone today as BF is at work and his parents have taken my parents to Ottawa. I slept all day, and will go back to bed soon. My decants and samples arrived from Dragonflyscentme (thank you!) today, so I'm wearing the Jicky parfum. Tons of it. I think I smell wonderful, but am not sure. I've put a ton on in order to smell anything. Perhaps I should ask the neighbours as I'm sure they can smell it through the walls!

In regard to Alien:

Quote Originally Posted by mochi227
    Where then is this sweet fruit coming from? Maybe it's the Jasmine. When I first applied, I smelled lollipop.
    Yes! I smell lollipop, too. It's not listed in the notes, but there must be "candy accord" in there somewhere!

Update: I hope Jicky really does smell this good on me and that it's not just the cold doing funny things to my nose! I think I'm in love!
    Last edited by pellen; 22nd December 2006 at 12:13 AM.