Code of Conduct

Default 'Squash' Fragrance for men (ala Japanese Air Freshner)

Anyone familiar with this fragrance? Its a japanese scent very popular for cars, but it smells really great, usually under the name Squash... One of the best ones is by Air Spencer I believe, its a blue cannister. Anyways, just wondering if anyones ever done a take on this before in a mens fragrance? That would be so cool

Please recommend anything like it. Thanks!

Default Re: 'Squash' Fragrance for men (ala Japanese Air Freshner)

holy... i could NEVER imagine wearing the Squash Air Spencer. Thats the red one right? i'd smell like my old car :P
    Smells great for cars, but id think that it would go very bad on skin

HOWEVER you've made me want to smell the Air Spencers again! :P
    I cant think of any scent similar off the top of my head though

Its actually the blue one.. take a whiff, Im sure youll be pleasantly surprised!

Thought I'd bring this back... any one who's smelled the blue CS-X3 care to chime in?

Alot of the Japanese scents are either Squash, Light Squash, Marine Squash.... there are some that even say CK-Squash. Did CK make something that smells similar?

Love Squash best air freshner last a very long time too! Blue would make a great scent !
    Last edited by scentimus; 12th April 2008 at 01:03 AM.

yay someone agrees with me.. its really so fresh and doesn't smell like an air freshener at all really.. if people question this as a scent, then alot of other scents already on the market need to be questioned as well!

I am going to look for this at my neighborhood Japanese supermarket (Mitsuwa). I am currently using A&F Fierce as my car scent.

Still working on getting this commercialized as a fragrance.. Anyone know who I would even speak to? Ive also emailed Eikosha recently (the manufacturer of the scent) to see if they are interested in commercializing it as a fragrance.. I want this as a scent so bad. Anyone who's smelled it care to chime in?

This is what it looks like

The only air freshener i will ever use in my car. As soon as people open the door they say DAMN your call smells good. Literally every single person whos been in my car has complimented it.

If you need to buy it they have it at this site for a good price and super fast shipping at gotsquash.com
    Last edited by Dirtyylicous; 23rd May 2010 at 12:31 AM.

If you were talking about the light citrus powdery/bubbly scent.
    Soda by Comme des Garcons might fits the bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyylicous View Post
    The only air freshener i will ever use in my car. As soon as people open the door they say DAMN your call smells good. Literally every single person whos been in my car has complimented it.

If you need to buy it they have it at this site for a good price and super fast shipping at gotsquash.com
    Which of the smells do you use? This is interesting, I've been looking for something to scent my car with.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Since my attempts to have this fragrance made have gone unanswered,

does anyone who has smelled this happen to know of a male fragrance that would be similar? just a very clean scent with a bit of sweetness to it.. something that maybe has a soda like quality to it, bubblegum / citrus soda is kind of what it would smell like, but that sounds bad just saying it...

The Japanese 'Squash' is somewhat of an indescribable scent, much like the japanese 'Ramuneh' soda flavor in Candies that is oh so popular.

I would love for something to be similar to this. Please fellow basenoters, I'm looking for your expert opinions!
    Last edited by khaltire; 16th January 2013 at 01:05 AM.

Wow...

Why not just spray on the air freshener? I doubt your going to find anything that smells like what you want and Im not even sure it comes in a spray can since ive never heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Wow...

Why not just spray on the air freshener? I doubt your going to find anything that smells like what you want and Im not even sure it comes in a spray can since ive never heard of this.
    It comes in a gel block, in a cannister

Really think you should smell this before dismissing it. You'd be surprised. Anyone who has smelled it knows, as judging by some of the replies in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by khaltire View Post
    Since my attempts to have this fragrance made have gone unanswered,

does anyone who has smelled this happen to know of a male fragrance that would be similar? just a very clean scent with a bit of sweetness to it.. something that maybe has a soda like quality to it, bubblegum / citrus soda is kind of what it would smell like, but that sounds bad just saying it...

The Japanese 'Squash' is somewhat of an indescribable scent, much like the japanese 'Ramuneh' soda flavor in Candies that is oh so popular.

I would love for something to be similar to this. Please fellow basenoters, I'm looking for your expert opinions!

Just taking a somewhat educated guess here, but I think the "Squash" might be the Japanese ad-speak Anglo word for "hechiman", referring to the loofah squash, which has a very nice refreshing scent. "Hechiman" colognes were very popular in Japan in the past, taking a place in the Japanese market very similar to something like 4711 in the West. I recall seeing it for sale in the local "supah" (supermarket) during my stays in Japan. This is the kind of scent that was nice quality, yet very inexpensive, sold in large bottles much the way one sees large sizes of cologne for sale in the toiletries aisle in certain European countries - Spain or Greece, for instance.

"Ramuneh" is the Japanese attempt to pronounce "lemonade" and refers to any number of soft drinks, some of which resemble lemonade and others which are more like Sprite or 7-up. For a Japanese person who grew up in the 1950's or earlier, ramuneh would bring up a memory of a specific brand of soda which came in a blue-green glass bottle and had a glass marble rattling around in the bottom of it.

Hope this adds something to the conversation here.

And btw, welcome to you, khaltire!

Perhaps Naked by Police Parfums? This is discontinued though, but I think it has a similar vibe to Squash.