Code of Conduct

Default niche Fragrances and recognition...

I have no tales. I don't get out much with my fragile spine, but.

Has anyone met or gotten into or brokeup a relationship over a niche fragrance?

Do we recognize each other by fragrance like Harley riders always seem compelled to wave to other Harley riders.

I've never met a niche wearer. Maybe there should be regional get togethers.

Thrax

Default Re: niche Fragrances and recognition...

In Kentucky you are more likely to meet a millionaire...

The only male niche wearer I've ever met is - me.

I've met two female niche wearers, namely, my ladyfriend and my cousin - but I'd bought the niches scents for both of them.
    Renato

Just starting out, but I've very definitely not met any niche perfumistas.

One day perhaps, I hope to meet this mythical creature and join it in a toast to that wondrous blend of science and art: perfume!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I think if any of us had many niche perfumista friends, we would never have found our way over to Basenotes!

The only one who comes close is one of my coworkers; she's worn Patou and Bandit for many years. But, just a few months ago, I've started getting her hooked on L'artisan.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

A friend of mine wears Creed - GIT but other that that, I am the only freak I know that shops somewhere other than Dillards for fragrance.

I've never broken up with a woman over a niche frag, or lack thereof. But I could see myself saying, "I can't date a woman who wears THAT."

THAT=ubiquitous, overmarketed, etc.

-Sloan

This is great news IMO. I have 30+ samples on the way - some niche, some not. My motive is to find several DISTINCTIVE keepers.

Compliments are always nice, but not if they are of the, "Oh is that Aqua di Gio?", variety.

Most women have this innate fear that they will show up at a function wearing the same dress as someone else. It's like that for me with frags (and probably most of the rest of you). The problem is that there are too few QUALITY mass market, and even designer, scents at the mall.

Isn't that how most of us found our way here? Each of us already had impeccable taste in fragrance, and went in search of something new, rare and special.

If I do ultimately find some niche keepers, and happen to meet someone wearing the same, I would respect that person for having taste equal to my own and would strike up a conversation.

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

My thinking in original form for this was what Paul has summed up. If I got out in public more and smelled "Tuberose Criminelle" on someome on a packed subway, i'd probably climb over the others to see who it was and likely meet a basenoter, hopefully of the opposite sex but if enough champagne who knows...

A regional meeting in NYC with artisnal wines, niche fragrances and cheeses' from? so many choices

fresh fruit!!

D'Artagnagn pate's

what else?

sounds decadent.

doen't it?

San Francisco for the New year?