Code of Conduct

Default !!! GREAT NEWS: 6 news "Les Exclusifs de Chanel" !!!

From WWD.com

Les Exclusifs de Chanel, a group of fragrances (6 new ones + 4 classics) featuring expensive, rare ingredients and representing "artistic spirit" of Chanel perfumes. All fragrances were created by Jacques Polge (The article doesn't say it but I suppose Christopher Sheldrake, nose of Serge Lutens, helped).

The article doesn't give the olfactory pyramid of each fragrance, but does describes their spirit and main ingredients.
    Here is the line-up:

-Coromandel, named for the Chinese lacquered screens Gabrielle Chanel collected, is a spirited oriental with amber and dry notes.
    -28 La Pausa, built around an iris note, is named for a house Mlle. Chanel owned in the South of France.
    -Bel Respiro, named for one of Mlle. Chanel's residences on the outskirts of Paris; a very green, fresh scent evoking "stems, leaves and springtime."
    -No.18, named for the Chanel fine jewelry boutique at Place Vendōme, has ambrette seed extracted from hibiscus flower as its main note.
    -31 rue Cambon, named for the location of Coco Chanel's couture workshop, is a chypre build without oakmoss.
    -Eau de Cologne, a lively floral with citrus, bergamot and neroli.

The boutique exclusives: Gardenia, Cuir de Russie, Bois de Iles and No.22 will also enter the line with an updated packaging.

"Les Exclusifs" will be available in 200-ml. sprays (each $175) and the Eau de Cologne will also be available in a 400-ml (splash form for $300).

Launch February 2007 only in Chanel boutiques and at Bergdorf Goodman.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 24th December 2006 at 08:06 AM.

Default Re: !!! GREAT NEWS: 6 news "Les Exclusifs de Chanel" !!!

Many thanks for these much-awaited news from Chanel, Cedric!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

They all look good to me, especially Coromandel and 28 La Pausa. But why the 200ml bottles? I have a hard time finishing my 100ml bottles and really prefer bottles os 30ml or 50ml. Maybe a split is the solution to this?

Thanks Cedric!
    I agree with Julia7 about the 200 ml bottles. Are any of these limited editions, maybe??
    Can I say I didn´t like the name Bel Respiro very much?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Coromandel and 28 La Pausa do indeed look very exciting! Can't wait to try them all. Very exiting news cedriceccentric

Thank you so much for the news! It sounds like a lot of bang for the buck, give me 200-400 ml bottles of something and i'm a happy guy. (generally speaking of course!)
    Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by julia7
    They all look good to me, especially Coromandel and 28 La Pausa. But why the 200ml bottles? I have a hard time finishing my 100ml bottles and really prefer bottles os 30ml or 50ml. Maybe a split is the solution to this?
    Until recently I also favored 30ml(1oz) and 50ml(1.7oz) bottles, because I thought that they would waste anyway with the 250 scents in my collection. Besides there is also a cute factor about smaller containers. Yet, especially with the 30ml bottles, I tend to use them too sparingly (keeping them for special occasions) thinking that don't own much of the scent. With my few 100ml or 200ml bottles I'm being more generous, reapply more often during the day and most importantly wear those fragrances more regularly.

Any indication of whether the standard 200 ml bottles will be EDP or EDT? I though cologne was about EDT strength, so does that mean these are EDPs?

W00T!!!
    Thank you Cedric for the BIG SCOOP!!!
    Btw, many months ago, I spoke with a vendeuse of the Chanel boutique in Milan who cares about the beauty corner and she told me about rumors for new exclusive scents. Finally they're arriving!!!
    Lookind forward to try them all hoping they will be to the highess of such great ancestors like Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie &Co.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Many thanks for these much-awaited news from Chanel, Cedric!
    Hello, Tig!
    If you do not mind read Russian (or translate it through web-translators like Promt or BabelFish) - I post my reviews about Les Exclusifs in my blog right now. http://moon-fish.livejournal.com/

English version is not ready right now. I hope to make it in January - then I`ll post it.
    Happy New Year!!!

can't wait to sniff Coromandel & 31 rue Cambon ..I guess I have to plan a trip to Paris next Feb.

Great news! From the short descriptions, Coromandel and n° 18 should be more or less up my alley

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish
    Hello, Tig!
    If you do not mind read Russian (or translate it through web-translators like Promt or BabelFish) - I post my reviews about Les Exclusifs in my blog right now. http://moon-fish.livejournal.com/

English version is not ready right now. I hope to make it in January - then I`ll post it.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Moon_fish, dear! You sniffed them already, you wrote reviews of them and I can't understand a word!....even on "prompt", it's an agony, at 500 words per translation session.. would you please please give your impressions in English asap?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    Great news! From the short descriptions, Coromandel and n° 18 should be more or less up my alley

Moon_fish, dear! You sniffed them already, you wrote reviews of them and I can't understand a word!....even on "prompt", it's an agony, at 500 words per translation session.. would you please please give your impressions in English asap?
    Dear Lady in Black!
    Friend of mine from Israel made a quick translation of my review. It is not perfect, but better than nothing. Look:

Eau de Cologne Chanel has already been in the fragrances catalogue in 20ies of 20th century. First Eau de Cologne was created partly due to Coco's passion for sport (this also affected (models from) her clothes line), and also because of many years European tradition in hygiene. Then in 50'ies young moms were recommended to wipe babies with eau de cologne, not even mentioning men' after-shaving ritual.

While working on his new project parfumeur (nose) Jacques Polge for sure used some archive materials of his predecessor Ernest Beaux, but the new fragrance is absolutely not a copy (remake) of the old one (it would be very interesting though to compare two of them if there were any possibility).

Actually Eau de Cologne theme is in a way a challenge to a perfumeur (nose): it's not simple to create something absolutely new when having list of ingredients that is more than restricted; it is rather difficult to make eau de cologne steadier when small concentration (3-5%) of aromatic composition is traditionally used without using of long-lasting synthetics; and finally creative men-of-art (and I consider Polge to be one of them) are influenced by a factor, that among actors sounds like "I'd like to do Hamlet (sometime)".

It's obvious that Polge (highly) thinks of perfumery as Art. It's clearly seen even from that the notes and accords of his new fragrances haven't been revealed – and the Eau de Cologne is no exception: all notes mentioned are natural neroli and bergamot. Indeed, it's not worth to destroy the harmonious fragrance image by dry/sparingly enumeration of ingredients. However, we are mortal humans, grown up from/(used to be) curious boys taking toys to pieces, and we are dieing to know: what's inside?
    So then, sharp and bright start of bergamot, lemon and/or lemon verbena; a bit later, just in couple of minutes tender flowery-citrus tone of neroli appears, making eau de cologne more feminine, tender and slightly sweet. It can't be done without usually suspects of synthetic world – aroma is clear and pure as morning dew on a lemon tree. Just in half an hour the scent is washed away, and staying fresh gets sweeter and flowery-fruit. Even small amount if jasmine is possible (here).(?). Exquisite powdery-hay accent (coumarin? tonka beans?) Something warm-pink-sweet? Probably musk. Anyway bergamot and neroli were chosen with no compromises in quality. Chanel means best components.

I have several eau de colognes at my disposal, so during developing of the scent I committed small blasphemy – compared them one with the One (?one With another).
    Chanel Eau de cologne surely cannot be as baroque as Eau de Guerlain. It would contradict her (chanel?) principles. It must be laconic rather than Eau de Guerlain - full of aromatic herbs, saturated, that can be compared in steadiness to eau de toilette.
    Eau de Rochas, forgotten long ago, is different by additional masculine notes of oak moss and cedar (sandal tree?).
    Eau Savage by great Edmond Roudnitska is notable for stronger, severe front attack in top notes, jasmine and a bit rubber vetiver note in sillage.
    Eau de Cologne (Commes des Garcons) – is overloaded with spices inherited from aromatic medicine (?).
    Mugler Cologne is closest to Chanel Eau de Cologne, being at the same time more fresh and sharp – both in tones, and in view of/because of a clearly felt synthetic note, conveying freshness of water; Mugler is already in future, leaving behind present day, year and century, while Chanel's works in "modern classics" jenre.

Resuming all written above: Eau de Cologne (Chanel) is fragrance deprived of unnecessary flourishes and extensions; it looks simple, laconic and traditional, like small black dress or white shirt; one cannot notice in it gadgets and tricks used to increase period of service (???) or to intensify some exclusive beauty. It's (an eau de cologne) like shirt with monogram - not exposed on the pocket, but (hidden) inside the collar. This eau de cologne is free from logo mania. After all, sport eau de colognes are made to please us before and after sports – your rival doesn't give a damn(shit ) who created it.

Eau de Cologne (Chanel) – is a modern fragrance, eau de cologne "here" and "now". It lives its life (2-3 hours) without any steroids and anabolics (other forbidden stimulators).

Thanks sooo much, moon_fish! You're a nice guy It's a pity I don't understand your language, would really love to read your blog.
    Your review is brilliant! I find the powdery-hay aspect you mention very interesting if used in an Eau de Cologne.
    And it did NOT go unnoticed - to me at least - that you are wearing Coromandel today.... :bounce:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker