Code of Conduct

Default Frangrance bender | Marshalls

Last night I stopped in at a Marshall's on the way home from work.

While the men's fragrance section was a bit sparse, it was very well organized (unusual for this time of year). They had a few opened/despoiled Rive Gauches and then, lo and behold, an unbesmirched box of it! Cellophane intact! And then I saw the YSL pour Homme, which I had been surveying on Basenotes just a few hours before. So that had to come home, too. Rounding out the debauchery was a Lanvin Arpege PH - another one I'd been scoping on BN.

In all, I dropped about $65 for all three. Ah well. Cheaper than liquor, almost.

Default Re: Frangrance bender | Marshalls

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    Last night I stopped in at a Marshall's on the way home from work.

While the men's fragrance section was a bit sparse, it was very well organized (unusual for this time of year). They had a few opened/despoiled Rive Gauches and then, lo and behold, an unbesmirched box of it! Cellophane intact! And then I saw the YSL pour Homme, which I had been surveying on Basenotes just a few hours before. So that had to come home, too. Rounding out the debauchery was a Lanvin Arpege PH - another one I'd been scoping on BN.

In all, I dropped about $65 for all three. Ah well. Cheaper than liquor, almost.
    When I bought Rive Gauche at TJs, there were only two, Both seemed to have cello intact, but one had a round black "YSL" sticker on the top of the box, so it was the one I chose. Has anyone had problems with knock-offs at TJs/Marshall's?

I too picked up the Arpege Homme. Nearfantastica raved about this one a few times and I had to see what the fuss was all about - glad I did!

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

why didn't you just buy rive gauche that I'm offering for like half the price!

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    why didn't you just buy rive gauche that I'm offering for like half the price!
    As for me, I wanted to smell it before purchase, so I opened the box. Once I got a whiff, I couldn't leave it in the store! Had I known you were selling it cheap, I would have ordered from you. Do you have any RG Intense - I would buy this one blind.

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault