Code of Conduct

Default Oh no, not another Curve...

I just saw Curve Kicks at Macys. SA said it was only 32 hours old. She said it was fruity because that is what "we" want now apparently. She mentioned Unforgivable and Be Delicious (which I didn't think was a trend-setter). I thought "we" were supposed to like orientals now. Anyway, on paper Curve Kicks smelled like........................MI and Unforgivable. What a surprise. Has anyone else tried/smelled it yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh no, not another Curve...

I love it when companies TELL us what we want, instead of asking us what we want. Anyway, fragrances like Curve are like magazines; if they don't keep putting a new one out every few months, people forget and move on.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to almost anything, most people WILL tend to buy what they are told they're "supposed" to.

Just one glance at the sorry state of music will demonstrate what I'm talking about.

With any art form, be it music, movies, visual art, or fragrence, the majority will tend to be into things that don't push bounderies or take chances. Most people don't want to put in the effort to "aquire the taste" for art, they want it to be familiar and easily palatable.

Does that sound elitist?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm rolling my eyes.....but I'm still going to try this. Curve Chill's topnotes are in a similar vain of SMW, but just for a brief second. It dries down to the typical Curve accord. I do like MI...but if it smells like MI for a second then dries down to the Curve accord, it's not worth my time.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped trying the Curve line of scents with the first one. There's something about the original that reminds me of hot hair that's just been shampooed or permed. I hate this shit! It's so played out and should be discontinued along with original Liz Claiborne (1986). The age of mall-hair, stirrup pants, blue mascara and shoulder pads are over!

Both are absolutely deplorable!

S

Tried this and can say......Not interested.......Gary

Post Thanks / Like

A while back at the local Macys they tried to sell me Curve, I told them I was by no means interested at which point they got snotty and I've yet seen a reason to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeMāle
    A while back at the local Macys they tried to sell me Curve, I told them I was by no means interested at which point they got snotty and I've yet seen a reason to go back.
    Sounds about typical. SAs generally aren't trained in knowing their products thoroughly OR how to match them to customers, but instead in SELLING/pushing whatever is hot and new (or, no doubt, whatever the Dept Store receives the largest kickback on). Unfortunately, most consumers don't seem to mind and will buy that Curve because it is stuck under their noses and they're looking to buy something anyway.

Sometimes, the tactics used are straight out of a first year high school marketing textbook. The sad thing is that obviously it works or they wouldn't do it. That and also the turnaround for SA jobs is REALLY high, so chances are that SA has probably been working with fragrances for less than six months .

And it's not just at regular dept. stores either; the same goes (or perhaps even MORE) at the high end ones; often that Bergdorf's or Barney's SA thinks that you just don't "get it" because you don't think Creed is the most wonderful thing in the history of fragrance and worth every nickel of its retail price.

Anyway, this is largely why I don't go to department stores. I'll stick to Bnotes or, occasionally, an online survey (like we talked about in the Malle threads).
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 23rd December 2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

There is also a Curve Soul which smells good to me, but I was thinking why not just come up with a whole new name for the fragrance?

Curve Kicks is not fruity... Its very nice.. powerful staying power.. I'm typing now and I can smell it from my wrist..which I applied on 2 and a half hours ago... beats the hell out of Aqua di Gio which is So overrated, simple and weak lasting.