Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 23 December

Fourth testdrive of Virgin Island Waters by Creed.

The launch of this scent apparently will be in March 2007 but 'La belle Helene' made me a few samples from their tester in the shop
    A nice fresh top note followed by a veil of soft jasmine. The scent is designed to be unisex.

Fragrance Notes:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lime, Mandarin,
    Middle Notes: Jasmine
    Base Notes: Tonkin Musk

Enjoy your weekend as much a possible with all this hustle and bustle before Christmas
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Saturday 23 December

Another gentle Annick Goutal scent, today slightly Gourmand Eau de Charlotte.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Fragile EdP by Jean-Paul Gaultier.

This is one of my "oldies", a frag who has been put aside for quite a while. Taking a rest from a frag for a while is a good thing to do, when you get a little bored. Today I like it again! My bottle is three years old, and has all the notes left, so this is really a quallity-frag. - I don´t keep my frags in a refrigerator...

Oh, dear, Fragile EdT has gone old. It´s the same age as the EdP, three years... Less alcohol in the EdT, maybee...

Shiseido - Feminité du Bois

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Another gentle Annick Goutal scent, today slightly Gourmand Eau de Charlotte.
    I'm wondering Tigs, do you think Heure Exquise would be something for me? You wearing it repeatedly has sparked my curiousity.

Off to work very early wearing my newest impulse buy Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum ! So far my impulsiveness is paying off.

18 degrees, sunny and dry.

Today I wore Jicky... and I have been busy packing up and getting ready for the move.
    I have recently sent a decant of Jicky EDP to a dear basenoter. He really loves this to a point that he would give up his Chanel Egoiste Platinum I am so glad that he found his new love.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Off to work very early wearing my newest impulse buy Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum ! So far my impulsiveness is paying off.
    I truely envy you for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I'm wondering Tigs, do you think Heure Exquise would be something for me? You wearing it repeatedly has sparked my curiousity.
    Could be, you share quite many likes with me. Heure Exquise is very dry (=unsweetened), but still very gentle iris scent. The other notes are Turkish rose and sandalwood (vanilla has also been mentioned on some websites). I recommend to try it.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Bois d'iris decant today

Kingdom for me today.

Ventilo by Ventilo (vintage version)

Welcome to Basenotes, BlueIsis! I am wearing Jean Couturier Coriandre today for a day off and wrapping Christmas presents.

Yes, warm welcome to you, BlueIsis!

Scent twins with Hebe, today (Kingdom) :wave:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Ayalitta for me. Love that galbanum and oakmoss.

Les Néréides Impérial Opoponax with a dab of 10 Corso Como -- very festive!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing EL Cinnabar today for a day of baking cookies with my sister and mom.

Twolf, since you are wrapping presents anyway, would you mind doing mine too???
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thanks for the welcome musse and Twolf!

Romance Silver
    Gary

I'm testing Ayala's Palas Atena, one of my first natural perfumery scents. It just isn't me. On my skin, it started potpourri-like, evolved mostly as orange blossom and patchouli and almost disappeared within the hour
    Notes taken from our directory:
    Top: Sweet Orange, lavender, neroli
    Middle: Champaca, jasmine, cinnamon
    Base: Amber, patchouli, sandalwood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

IT'S RUMBA FOR ME TODAY!

For the eve: In Black by J del Pozo.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu
    I'm wearing EL Cinnabar today for a day of baking cookies with my sister and mom. Twolf, since you are wrapping presents anyway, would you mind doing mine too???
    Here I come! Watch out, cookies! (It's only 6 hour drive, anyway!)

Welcome BlueIsis

Today I'm wearing Hypnotic Poison

Top notes: Coconut, Plum, Pimento, Apricot
    Middle notes: Rose, Lily of the valley, Sambac Jasmine, Tuberose
    Base notes: Sandal, Jacaranda wood, Almond

DH is wearing Magnetism for Men... this one always brings on that happy feeling for me. It must be connected to something wonderful and yet not even I know what.

Top notes: Schinus, Saffron
    Middle notes: Cedar, Sandalwood, Leather
    Base notes: Tolu Balm, Amber, Musk

I went to bed wearing Sueded Musk oil; DH reapplied Magnetism
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 25th December 2006 at 03:11 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I'm testing Fumerie Turque today.

Musc Ravageur today. Yummy

I'm wearing Vanille Noire du Mexique lotion today.

Welcome to BlueIsis.

I just put on Apres l'Ondee. I love it!
    Last edited by MorganFay; 23rd December 2006 at 07:20 PM.

Today I am testing the sample of Patchouli Patch that was sent to me by a kind soul, and I like it very much...it is breaking my concept about Patchouli...this version by L'artisan is very soft and close to the skin and there is a mild sweetness to it that makes if very wearable.
    The longevity on it though is somewhat lacking, Shifts' sotd makes me wonder if I should add some Feminite du Bois to my Patchouli Patch.
    And I think I will.
    Today we are putting the tree up, lackadaisical Mom that I have been, late but still fun!
    Glad to be home with the kids.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Talisman

today was a jeans and t-shirt day, so i wanted something fresh...so i thought "tea! bulgari!" and put it on. but i guess it turned or something, because it just kept reminding me of eternity, and it's acridness was burning my nose hairs! so not fresh. so, i scrubbed it off and put on a breath of fresh kai. aah.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Satellite Padparadscha for me today. Amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper (notes from luckyscent.com). It is warm and wears beautifully on me, sending up bits of scent hours later. When in an enclosed space, like a car or small room, I am giving off a warm aura of scent.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Goddess Dreams and I are scent twins today... I'm wearing Hypnotic Poison, which is Play-Doh for the longest time, and then a fantastic bitter almond. It was my present to myself for not smoking (I quit this week).

I also got a chance to sample Le Baiser du Dragon in pure parfum today, and the bitter almond in that is even more gorgeous, especially over all those warm woods. I actually find the other formulations of this perfume pretty boring, but I think I'll have to save my pennies until I can spring for a bottle (or even just a decant) of the pure parfum... maybe I'll buy it if I can make it for a few months without getting back into the habit.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I regret that I am sick as hell and I feel terrible. I sprayed on some Kiehl's Musk and I'm listening to Iron & Wine. I can hardly smell my perfume, and I've been in my pyjamas all day today. We've also had a blizzard so I had to shovel my way out of 2 feet of snow to drive to the post office...only to find that my bell jar of Muscs Koublai Khan isn't going to arrive in time for Christmas.

But STILL! It's a lovely day, and I'm spending quality time with my two kitties (Scottish Folds, Milan and Lennybruce), and I'm going to a fabulous Christmas party tonight. I'm an EMT-II as are many of my friends, so maybe someone can set me up with an IV of Lactated Ringer's solution (fluid with electrolytes) and maybe I can make it through the party...

Juicy Couture - a gift from my sweet sister-in-law.
    ~*Christy*~

Get better, linnea! Tinker, if you can smell your Rumba (for those who do not know -- it is a thermo-nuclear smellie!), it is a sure sign that you feel better.

Did not get to go to Kansas, sorry shadeofbleu, may be next year! Instead we had a gift exchange with the family because -- you guessed it! -- I am working tomorrow and on Monday, put on Trussardi Python and some sparklies on my chest, made everybody happy, ate well, now sipping hot black tea with jasmine and eating -- just three pieces of! -- Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries. Life is good!

EnJoy