Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Saturday 23 December

today was a jeans and t-shirt day, so i wanted something fresh...so i thought "tea! bulgari!" and put it on. but i guess it turned or something, because it just kept reminding me of eternity, and it's acridness was burning my nose hairs! so not fresh. so, i scrubbed it off and put on a breath of fresh kai. aah.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Satellite Padparadscha for me today. Amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper (notes from luckyscent.com). It is warm and wears beautifully on me, sending up bits of scent hours later. When in an enclosed space, like a car or small room, I am giving off a warm aura of scent.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Goddess Dreams and I are scent twins today... I'm wearing Hypnotic Poison, which is Play-Doh for the longest time, and then a fantastic bitter almond. It was my present to myself for not smoking (I quit this week).

I also got a chance to sample Le Baiser du Dragon in pure parfum today, and the bitter almond in that is even more gorgeous, especially over all those warm woods. I actually find the other formulations of this perfume pretty boring, but I think I'll have to save my pennies until I can spring for a bottle (or even just a decant) of the pure parfum... maybe I'll buy it if I can make it for a few months without getting back into the habit.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I regret that I am sick as hell and I feel terrible. I sprayed on some Kiehl's Musk and I'm listening to Iron & Wine. I can hardly smell my perfume, and I've been in my pyjamas all day today. We've also had a blizzard so I had to shovel my way out of 2 feet of snow to drive to the post office...only to find that my bell jar of Muscs Koublai Khan isn't going to arrive in time for Christmas.

But STILL! It's a lovely day, and I'm spending quality time with my two kitties (Scottish Folds, Milan and Lennybruce), and I'm going to a fabulous Christmas party tonight. I'm an EMT-II as are many of my friends, so maybe someone can set me up with an IV of Lactated Ringer's solution (fluid with electrolytes) and maybe I can make it through the party...

Juicy Couture - a gift from my sweet sister-in-law.
    ~*Christy*~

Basenotes Institution

Get better, linnea! Tinker, if you can smell your Rumba (for those who do not know -- it is a thermo-nuclear smellie!), it is a sure sign that you feel better.

Did not get to go to Kansas, sorry shadeofbleu, may be next year! Instead we had a gift exchange with the family because -- you guessed it! -- I am working tomorrow and on Monday, put on Trussardi Python and some sparklies on my chest, made everybody happy, ate well, now sipping hot black tea with jasmine and eating -- just three pieces of! -- Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries. Life is good!

EnJoy