Code of Conduct

Default riyl (reccommended if you like) cdg kyoto

hello basenoters,

thank you for all the suggestions. i have put many posts and opinions to good use. with your help and knowledge, i have discovered the comme de garcons kyoto. this is the most amazing and unbelievable scent i have ever encountered.
    are there suggestions you may have for other fragrances that are riyl kyoto? i tries the other incenses in this line. the zargosk (sorry if the spelling is off) is ok, but not as dark and interesting as the kyoto.
    this is pretty much all i want to wear now. i take a whiff of other frags i have and i think... uuuggg, i don't like any of them anymore.... with this, i see the disadvantage in broadening one's olfactory horizons... but so far, it has been worth it.
    any suggestions would be welcome, also a soap or lotion that is in this family would be useful too...
    thanks again,
    lynn

Default Re: riyl (reccommended if you like) cdg kyoto

Perhaps you would also like Chritian Lacroix Tumulte?
    Another you should try is Diptyque Tam Dao.

I would recommend MPG Santal Noble.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I second the Tumulte suggestion.

thank you for responses. i have inquired about the tam dao. this fragrance has been reoccuring in my searches.

i have also discovered the black alchemy lab. has anyone purchased from them before. the have a wide array of insence-driven scents, with earthy smells, throw in a bit of vetiver, and woods such as pine and sandalwoods.
    i just ordered anne bonny and six sample vials- black forest, djinn, npsferatu, sloth, and cathedral.
    i will let you know what i think of them when i get them.

Michael Edwards recommends, if you like Kyoto:

o Bois de Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique
    o Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes
    o Nuit au Desert by Gobin Daude
    De gustibus non est disputandum

My unconditional recommendation - DIVINE's L'Homme Sage. I know it's marketed as a masculine fragrance but I know a lot of ladies who adore this.

This list might keep you busy for awhile:
    http://amentalnote.blogspot.com/2005...rfumes_04.html
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Faust
    thank you for responses. i have inquired about the tam dao. this fragrance has been reoccuring in my searches.

i have also discovered the black alchemy lab. has anyone purchased from them before. the have a wide array of insence-driven scents, with earthy smells, throw in a bit of vetiver, and woods such as pine and sandalwoods.
    i just ordered anne bonny and six sample vials- black forest, djinn, npsferatu, sloth, and cathedral.
    i will let you know what i think of them when i get them.
    I've purchased from Black Alchemy. I've also received samples from them. Their "Umbra" fragrance is a very dirty, dark patchouli and vetiver scent. They also sent me a free sample of "Terpsichore". It is a thick, yellow oil that smells the way it looks. Very sweet, squishy, downright twisted, disgusting, with a heart of evil. Sadistic and sweet....now thats a combo!

S