Code of Conduct

Cool Guerrilla: 1 vs. 2

what are the distinct differences...?
    pro and cons...?
    suggest for a younger person?
    details...light, dark, soft, heavy..etc
    any comments or suggestions/tips on buying CDG fragrances...
    the deflatable collection is tempting...
    the new Monster ones too (review if tested)

Default Re: Guerrilla: 1 vs. 2

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk
    what are the distinct differences...?
    pro and cons...?
    suggest for a younger person?
    details...light, dark, soft, heavy..etc
    any comments or suggestions/tips on buying CDG fragrances...
    the deflatable collection is tempting...
    the new Monster ones too (review if tested)
    I would advice not to actually... I'm a huge CdG fan, but none of the Guerillas made any positive impression. Go for another CdG fragrance, like Odeur 71, Odeur 53 or CdG 2 EdP if you like that metallic aftertaste these Guerillas possess. All three of them are lovely, which the fruity (1) and bloody (2) are not.

Oh, and for reviews of the Monster edition check out CdG White. It is that fragrance in a limited edition packaging.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Luckyscent.com and buy samples. They have most everything from CdG.
    I have Odeur 53 (....which was my first CdG scent.) CdG Eau de Parfum, Calamus, Palisander and Harissa. I also have samples of the intire Synthetics line (...the deflatable ones.) Tar and Skai are my faves from that group.

I love all of these that I've tried, except the Guerilla scents. They did'nt speak to me like the others. They are strange and are in line with the Comme des Garcons vibe, but they just did'nt move me like the others.

S

Quote Originally Posted by stevolution
    Go to Luckyscent.com and buy samples. They have most everything from CdG.
    I have Odeur 53 (....which was my first CdG scent.) CdG Eau de Parfum, Calamus, Palisander and Harissa. I also have samples of the intire Synthetics line (...the deflatable ones.) Tar and Skai are my faves from that group.

I love all of these that I've tried, except the Guerilla scents. They did'nt speak to me like the others. They are strange and are in line with the Comme des Garcons vibe, but they just did'nt move me like the others.

S
    we'll see...
    im really attracted to the synthetics....(dang you have the entire collection!)
    it's just 5 scents or 5 per "colelction"?
    i realyl want to try odeur 71....

thanks for all the feed back...
    but is it possible for more adjectives...like sweet...dark....farty...meaty..etc?
    thanks
    2 "negative" thoughts on the guerillas.....hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

The Synthetics line is really interesting. "Tar" actually smells nothing like real tar. To me, it's very dry, clean scent. There is no citrus, or flowers, it just smells like "fresh vinyl".
    "Soda" smells like a fizzy, lemon/lime soft drink. You can just smell the carbonation upon application.
    "Garage" smells like a tire shop. There's alittle grease and gasoline in there too, but it's really not bad.
    "Dry Clean" is just strange. It's probably (...to me) the loudest of the Synthetics line. Very sharp, clean chemical smell that smells like no other fragrance I've ever tried.
    It's hard to discribe "Skai". To me, it's kinda dark and savory.

Let me add: I've also tried most of the Sweet, Incense, Red, Leaves and Cologne series.

Odeur 53 is my favorite CdG frag to date. It goes on somewhat harsh, but dries down to something really nice. It reminds of the way the air smelled on those clear winter mornings waiting for the school bus when I was a kid. There was a celulose processing plant a few miles from were I lived that contributed to the air having that "ozonic" sparkle. My father worked at the same plant for 30yrs before he retired. His clothes always smelled of acetate fumes. After it dries down for while, Odeur 53 smells of warm, clean skin. A friend of mine from England said it smelled of, "Warm, naked bodies." An orgy in a bottle?.....not hardly, but Odeur 53 is worth trying.
    I've sampled Odeur 71 also. It's the dusty, woody alter-ego of Odeur 53. I was going to have Odeur 71 in my collection too, but opted for something else. Odeur 71 has more of the finger polish odor to it than Odeur 53....at least to me. It seems stuffier and warmer than Odeur 53. I still may get it, maybe in the small size.

I think all of the CdG scents fit the try-before-you-buy classification. The only one I never tried before I bought it was the CdG EdP.

I found my Synthetics line samples on E-Bay a while back. The seller decanted the scents into some good sized vials. I bought them as a set, packaged with professional grade lables on the vials. It was like CdG had sent them to me themselves. He also sent a sample of Avignon, which I think is the best of the Incense line.
    If you're still interested in the Guerilla scents, try them! Don't let our comments dissuade you from sampling them. You may love them!...and if you do, you certainly would'nt smell like others around you. Actually, I'd say that about all of CdG's fragrances. They are some of the most unique fragrances out there.

S

wow thanks for the in depth analysis of the ones i have my eyes on...
    odeur 51 is intimidating...
    the synthetic set...i am willing to splurge on...soda sounds like i'd die for it...
    but i have have to take this one at a time...
    hahaha
    avignon sounds interesting too...
    and CDG 2 too...
    and of course i have to always test before i judge....

thanks stevolution!