Code of Conduct

Default NEW: JPG Fleur du Male (and more from BPI).

Cosmetics International and NowSmellThis have reported that Jean Paul Gaultier Parfums (a unit of Beaute Prestige International/Shiseido) is coming out with... get this... a white floral for men.

The scent, created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian (of Le Male and Gaultier² fame), will be called Fleur du Male, with the slogan "for the man who has nothing to hide".

As for the bottle, it will be a white version of the famous Le Male bottle. Fleur du Male will be available worldwide in April 2007.

In other news, BPI is calling 2007 "the year of the man", and for good reason: they will launch a new Issey Miyake men's fragrance in September 2007, along with a first-ever Narciso Rodriguez men's fragrance in December 2007.

All in all, let's hope that 2007 will also be the "year of innovation"... all those Acqua di Gio clones must stop.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 25th October 2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: NEW: JPG Fleur du Male (and more from BPI).

Awesome news! I can't wait to smell it. I'm falling too much in love with white florals lately and I've been missing one created for men. Not that I really care, but it would be an interesting smell experience.

Yeah, sounds interesting. Also a nice play on the title of one of Baudelaire's famous poems (Les Fleurs du Mal), if I'm not mistaken.

I can't wait. Carnal Flower (though not "white") is superb on me, and I really really REALLY want to try the new unisex gardenia scent from Creed. After the overhyped "Joop Light" LeMale and the truly surreal Gaultier2, perhaps this one will be a breakthrough for JPG.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Fleur du Male will be available worldwide in April 2007.
    So basically we can REALLY expect this one to hit stores in October 2008?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    So basically we can REALLY expect this one to hit stores in October 2008?
    That's for the US market... Canada will get it in March 2008.

Just kidding!

From what I know, it will be a simultaneous global launch (unlike the phased roll-out of Gaultier²). As always, retailer exclusivity at launch may or may not be on the agenda.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 26th October 2006 at 01:26 AM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    2) Aventus - Creed
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Angry Re: NEW: JPG Fleur du Male (and more from BPI).

As for the bottle, it will be a white version of the famous Le Male bottle.
    Why oh why do they have to regurgitate that awful freakin bottle...!

Other than that, it sounds interesting.

There was a little more info today in WWD.

Apparently Fleurs du Male (the name is inspired by the poetry book "Les Fleurs du Mal" by Charles Baudelaire) is a new fougère with an overdose of orange flower.
    The ad will feature a man in a bath of milk surrounded by floating white flowers.

Oh no!!! I hate florals!!!!

Thanks for the news i'm really looking forward to this. (and hoping it doesn't smell anything like lemale).

There is a picture and an article today on www.cosmeticnews.com

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    Yeah, sounds interesting. Also a nice play on the title of one of Baudelaire's famous poems (Les Fleurs du Mal), if I'm not mistaken.
    An anthology, actually...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Cool Re: NEW: JPG Fleur du Male (and more from BPI).

what an amazing bottle, men fragrances are getting into a new direction, 'where nothing to hide'.

An image of the ad was shown in today's WWD!!!

Jean Paul Gaultier was inspired by the image from the film "American Beauty," in which actress Mena Suvari soaks in a bath full of roses. Photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino shot model Andres Valencoso in a milky bath with white flowers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    There was a little more info today in WWD.

Apparently Fleurs du Male (the name is inspired by the poetry book "Les Fleurs du Mal" by Charles Baudelaire) is a new fougère with an overdose of orange flower.
    The ad will feature a man in a bath of milk surrounded by floating white flowers.
    This sounds like a scent that I am going to LOVE! This may be a rare occasion that I would be willing to purchase a perfume just for the bottle, regardless of the jus. That bottle is so cute! Like a little piece of ancient grecian sculpture. *swoon*
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

This is going to be an absolutely awesome scent i bet. Probably the best mens scent in years.
    Awesomeguy

Narciso Rodriguez for men???
    I hope it smells like the women's version. It will be one of my most anticipated ones...

JGP FdMale is eagerly anticipated... by me!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I for one cannot wait to buy this, the day it comes out I will buy the biggest bottle available and all of the other goodies I can get for it. I don't care how it smells, my expectations are very high however so I would hate to be disappointed.

that model is so ungaultier! they should have found someone a little more ambiguous, offbeat, intruigant, imo... the perfumer himself would have been a good choice! it is that same guy I like right who made le male?

also I find the name slightly sacreligious.
    Last edited by supermarky; 18th December 2006 at 10:38 AM.

I do agree with you supermarky, the concept of the ad. is cool, however the model face, pose & stupid smile ruins that concept.

I prefer a model with a darker skin tone -for a higher contrast with the milk-
    or a lighter skin tone -to blend with the background - for a bolder statment, but nothing in the middle.
    Last edited by tariq; 19th December 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Erm..... Why are you guys having such high expectations on this one?

Kurkdjian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quick question. Are there any JPG boutiques in the US? If so, would anyone be willing to run out and buy this for me and ship it on the 10th of March? I of course would pay up front, I just want to avoid the month long wait...

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    that model is so ungaultier! they should have found someone a little more ambiguous, offbeat, intruigant, imo... the perfumer himself would have been a good choice!
    I totally agree here but maybe that was the whole point. Regardless of the success of Le Male, I'm sure that there are many men who still consider it to be a gay (or even metrosexual) scent. I loved the original advertising campaign for Le Male but this largely influenced that viewpoint among some.

Taking into account that Fleur du Male will be a floral, I think they're trying to balance things out by using a model who looks more 'masculine' than 'ambiguous'. A floral for men with the use of an ambiguous model would probably do more harm than good to their initial sales.

Personally, I don't really care as long as it's as good (or even better) than Le Male. However, when advertising for the masses, such issues need to be taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Trebor; 26th December 2006 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle
    Quick question. Are there any JPG boutiques in the US? If so, would anyone be willing to run out and buy this for me and ship it on the 10th of March? I of course would pay up front, I just want to avoid the month long wait...
    New York and Las Vegas are the only JPG boutiques that I know of in the US.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    2) Aventus - Creed
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin

Fleur du Male will be available worldwide in April 2007.
    [/I][/B]
    perfect... i will at Paris in April!!!!
    so psyched being a fan of light men's fragrances...
    and yes the bottle is on the top 5 reasons in buying this...
    we'll just wait here and hope is a good one!