Code of Conduct

Thread: Year review

Talking Year review

So as 2006 draws to a close
    which frags have you personally gotten the most compliments with?

mine is SMW.

seems the expense is worth it

Default Re: Year review

Terre d'Hermes. It is the only thing that I have that I get a compliment every single time I wear it. Fragrance of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Kyoto, Passage d'Enfer, and the two that almost inevitably get commented upon, Chergui and L'Homme Sage

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Terre D'Hermes

Geir racks 'em up

Terre d'Hermes and Rose 31

Givenchy Blue Label takes the crown this year. Although I haven't worn it for months (hot weather), it still generated more positive response than the rest of my wardrobe combined.

Creed MI hands down

Terre d'Hermes with Opium pour Homme coming in second.

Blog Entries

Gaultier2, Bvlgari Black, Lolita Lempicka au masculin, & TM Cologne.

These are the ones that I haven't just gotten the "you smell good" compliments, but have had several unusually great compliments. Like the time a toast was proposed @ a bar regarding how great I smelled (I was wearing LLAM) and the time a woman from work got distracted & started following me around so she could smell my TM Cologne.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thumbs up Re: Year review

Definitely L'air Du Desert Marocain,

Almost all the people around me made comments on the first day that I wore this wonderful fragrance.From my secretary to co-workers who rarely comment on what I wear.
    And all of them were compliments.

A close tie between Serge Lutens Chergui and Creed Original Santal
    -

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum and Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist and Santal de Mysore probably.

Thumbs up Re: Year review

Dior Homme
    L' Air Du Desert Marocain
    Black Aoud

If obtaining compliments is the standard by which fragrances are to be judged, mine has been a truly terrible year! :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    If obtaining compliments is the standard by which fragrances are to be judged, mine has been a truly terrible year! :-)
    Agreed. Of all of my "winter rotation" scents listed below in my signature, I've gotten compliments from none of them. In fact, the only fragrance I own that I got compliments on this year was YSL Opium PH.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I have gotten the most compliments with L'Artisan's Timbuktu. I love it and will be buying a full bottle asap.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMÔle
    Terre d'Hermes. It is the only thing that I have that I get a compliment every single time I wear it. Fragrance of the year as far as I'm concerned.
    Ditto
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

So Fragrance of the Year = the fragrance most likely to get compliments from random co-workers?

Seems to me the Frangrance of the Year should be the one YOU most like to smell on yourself, not what impresses the waitress at the Waffle House.

After all, most people have crap for taste.

My winner is Purple Label.....Gary

My co-worker compliment winner: Fumerie Turque.

this fall/winter so far (besides Creed SMW which is year-round for me and always garners attention) it falls to CDG sequoia (2 compliments, both women). They both expressed an interest in wearing it for themselves though, so the general impression seems to def. be unisex.