Code of Conduct

Default I'm looking for that bubblegum note again...

Hello again,

I'm on a search for that delicious bubblegum note once again. I notice it slightly in Gaultier2 and I love it, but I'm wondering if anyone else could give me any suggestions on a yummy, delicious bubblegum fragrance. Having said all that I feel that I need to make clear, that I am not looking for Fantasy (even though I love it), nor Pink Sugar (as that one is caramelly sugar to me and I have that one too ). I'm on a mission to find that mouth-watering Bazooka note in a new addiotion to my wardrobe.

Please help
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: I'm looking for that bubblegum note again...

Bazooka <--- This is a link folks. Roll over it with your mousy and click on it.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 28th December 2006 at 04:50 AM.

Blog Entries

I never really thought of it like this, but Clean Men does kind of have a bubblegum note. I just answered a post on the men's board about this scent, & the original poster referred to Clean Men as "bubblegummy." I think it's a pretty accurate description! Especially in the topnotes.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Blog Entries

To my jaded nose / palate, Cartier Delices EDT has more to do with Bazooka bubblegum then any cherries I have encountered in nature. I am pretty sure that the parfum will probably be better but I would recommend the EDT for what you are looking for.

Other possible options are YSL Baby Doll (pink grapefruit), Miss Dior Cherie (strawberries), Jean Patou Patou For Ever (pineapple), Jean Patou EN Joy and TBS Strawberry body range & perfume oil.

Good Luck & Happy Sniffing!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Hello and Thank you all for your replies...

CologneJunkie Clean Men sounds wonderful I will have to track it down for sure, and I think that even my hubby will enjoy an occasional spray here and there... We are sharing our bottle of Gaultier2.

Moondeva, thank you for all those suggestions, I own a bottle of both Baby Doll and Miss Dior Cherie and love both; Baby Doll for the summer especially and Miss Dior Cherie for all year round. But neither one really has that Bazooka note I'm nuts about. Cartier Delices EDT is now definitly on my to re-try list again, and this time I will be more patient.

Thank you all!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    We are sharing our bottle of Gaultier2.
    Jean-Paul would be proud
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Hello again,

I'm on a search for that delicious bubblegum note once again. I notice it slightly in Gaultier2 and I love it, but I'm wondering if anyone else could give me any suggestions on a yummy, delicious bubblegum fragrance. Having said all that I feel that I need to make clear, that I am not looking for Fantasy (even though I love it), nor Pink Sugar (as that one is caramelly sugar to me and I have that one too ). I'm on a mission to find that mouth-watering Bazooka note in a new addiotion to my wardrobe.

Please help
    Habe you ever smelled Diesel Zero Plus? http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120453.html
    It is definitely synthetic smelling, but I get a bubblegum vibe off of it. Also, you should be able to find it for next to nothing.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Have you sought out Demeter's Bubble Gum? Ya know, my brain can't summon the smells of my perfumes (per Musse's thread on that topic), but I can imagine the scent of bubblegum so clearly. Food I can do!

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...er/Fragrances/
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

For some reason Blu Mediterraneo Mandolro di Sicilia reminds me of bubbble gum.

Blog Entries

Goddess_Dreams, I have found exactly what you need! And I had it here all along!

I don't know how you are with etailer perfume oils but if you want the genuine bubbalicious bubble gum experience in a perfume you need to check out The little Fragrance Shop. I only know her through eB@y but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a little website somewhere. Anyway, the perfume you have to try is called Raspberry. It is uber sweet but true. I found it too much in summer, had to dilute, but sniffing the original bottle now all I get is Hubba Bubba bubble gum.

Her oils are very affordable, GREAT quality,long lasting and great for layering with other scents.

Please, please check it out. I really do believe that this may be the answer to your bubblegum scent dreams.

Please let me know how it goes...
    Last edited by moondeva; 12th January 2007 at 10:12 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I get a bubblegum note in Boudoir by Vivien Westwood.

Even though it doesn't have a "bubblegum accord", this one is very bubblegummy to me:

Pure Sport Woman by Benetton (2006)
    notes:
    top: pink pepper, bergamot, plant accord.
    middle: lily of the valley, white jasmine, cereals accord.
    base: blond woods, musk.

it might be the cereal thing.

The reason I didn't like Dior's Addict on me is because it smelled like a chewing gum called "Bugg", from when I was younger.But if you don't own it already you might like it

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    I get a bubblegum note in Boudoir by Vivien Westwood.
    So do I. It's like mixture of bubble bath and bubble gum, very "pink" and Fifties, but also very "English", prim and proper.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes
    The reason I didn't like Dior's Addict on me is because it smelled like a chewing gum called "Bugg", from when I was younger.But if you don't own it already you might like it
    Oh, I love the smell of "Bugg"! Maybe I should try layering Dior Addict with some raspberry (or was it strawberry??) from Body Shop or Yves Rocher! :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I get a light bubblegum note in Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

G&G Feminine smells like fruity bubblegum to me at the top stages.

Carolina Herrera's namesake scent is bubblegum & tuberose (to me!) :bounce:

The one scent I find to be the epitome of "pink bubblegum" is L'artisan's Joyful Mood.