Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 25 December, Christmas

No, I am not very early but extremely late!

Just got home from a great Christmas Eve party and my last coherent thoughts are for our SotD.

Wearing the discontinued Amouage Silver and feeling a bit 'discontinued' myself also

A Merry Christmas to all of you celebrating. May these days indeed bring you "comfort and joy'' as the old song goes.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Monday 25 December, Christmas

I'm still sick, so I woke up to gargle some salt water and have some Vitamin C bev, and of course I got lured in by the Internet's siren song. I'm still too sick to smell anything...I wish I could wear some Chergui. Merry Christmas, everyone!

I got home late but not enough to start the Sotd thread!
    Joy, happiness and health to all of you.
    I will be wearing a new perfume today, an unexpected gift: Iris Poudré from the Malle line. What a refined scent!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Woke up with a headache :-/ ( nope.. not a hang-over ) so I start out scentfree. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy my Christmas present, Organza Harvest Edition 2005, later today

I wear Chanel No 5 today.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

My, my, two suffering members and a refined Lady_in_Poudre

Lille_my and Linnea, I hope you will soon feel better and can enjoy Christmas. It seems LIB is already, like me,
    enjoying Christmas to the fullest
    What a wonderful gift, dear!

So, bright eyed and bushy tailed after a few hours of sleep I think a few drops of La Myrrhe will be great for the dinnerparty :bounce:

And for tonight: Angelique Encens!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Christmas-day also in Cristobal by Balenciaga.

Happy Holliday, all!

Merry Christmas to all of you, my dear friends! Lots of love, patience and faith to all. You, guys, who are under the weather, please cheer up and feel better.

Baked oatmeal-raisin-nut cookies for breakfast, could not go healthier than that! Wearing Private Collection perfume found under the tree. Will go and work 10 hours today. Have a good day!

Mitsouko, that ethereal spirit, will be hovering around me for Christmas.

I'm enjoying Datura Noir, my most-wished-for Christmas gift of the year.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Merry Christmas!! I think that I will wear L'Heure Bleue, it is a yummy, happy scent to me

Feminite du Bois for me.

Merry Christmas!

I´m wearing Obsession today ( to A!)

Wish you all a very merry Christmas!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Remnants of last night's Angel are supporting this morning's sampling of
    Nuit de Noel. This is my first solid sampling of this fragrance, or at least the first time I think I have really "listened" to it. Lovely.

Merry Christmas, friends!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today.

Merry Christmas to everyone ... and please all you sickies, feel better soon

I've trademarked the color bleu

Merry Christmas all! Feel better you sickies!

Today I'm in Parfum Sacre by Caron, for a lovely afternoon spent in the city with my mom, who's come to visit me.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Merry Christmas to you all and your families Happy Holidays!

I'm getting so excited right now, as we are about to leave for Montreal in less then an hour or so. My SotD has not been decided upon as of yet, nor have I decided what I’m bringing along. DH is taking his Dior Homme for sure, (I saw it packed up already ). I’m taking my little laptop with us, in case we’ll have wireless access in our hotel room .

But, the best part is that: I’m so looking forward to meeting up with Pellen in Montreal, hopefully we’ll get a chance to have a bit of a sniffathon .

Edited to add the SotD: ange ou démon

Top notes: White Thyme, Mandarine, Saffron
    Middle notes: Orchide, Ylang Ylang, Lily
    Base notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Pallisander wood, Oak Absolute

DH is Wearing Balman

Top notes: Eucalyptus, Mandarine, Sauge, Thyme
    Middle notes: Lavande, Mirabelle, Réglisse, Cardamome
    Base notes: Fève Tonka, Mousse, Sandalwood, Musk
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 25th December 2006 at 07:19 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Ange ou Demon sounds very intriguing!

I have to work the late shift at the hospital...after sampling Nuits de Noel and Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, I have wrapped myself in a comforting mantle of Aimez Moi for my Christmas night.

Jingles to all.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My new bottle of Chanel Coco and it goes fabulous with my flannel PJ's I have been in all day!

Dear All,

Merry Christmas!
    I wore Diptyque's Olene sample during packing. At night I wore Fracas again.
    I am Still busy packing and getting ready. I could be out of connection for the next few days. Will see.
    Have a lovely one.

I reached for Chinatown this morning, and gave myself one teeny spritz. I had such a nice day! My boys hadn't asked for much specifically, and seem thrilled with their surprises.

Samuel shot his small compound bow at the livingroom wall, and yelped "Oh my God! This is a REAL bow and arrow!!!!" Evidently it was so easy to pull back he thought it wouldn't shoot very hard. He took it to granddaddy's to shoot at the barn. He was also quite fond of the air-horn, and scared the chickens there. I was glad he didn't shoot one.

Blog Entries

I have been through all kinds of twists and turns today aromatically!

Began day with Basile by Basile because I had a craving for Chanel Coco EDP with something dark and smoky but felt Coco was too brassy. Basile is like Coco but much less intense- probably closer to Coco EDT.

Thankfully that wore off quickly (I didn't apply a full dose) so I then moved on to Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur EDP which went down rather well with hubby!

That also wore off rather quickly and so I amused myself by sampling Estee Lauder White Linen and Jean Patou Cocktail (as possibles for seeing in the New Year). I found that they did not satisfy either...

Then inspired by something (I forget what), I decided to wear Guerlain Terracotta Voile D'Ete and layered it with a few drops of vintage Caron Tabac Blond EDT. Wow! I don't know quite what to think but I like the combo enough to begin sourcing some Caron Tabac Blond parfum on line. I dismissed Tabac Blond at first wearing as too smoky with not enough leather for my liking, coupled with the fact that I hate following the crowd I decided to give this classic a miss. But with each subsequent testing / sampling I have found myself craving this scent more and more. Strangely, mostly worn in combination with other perfumes!

I have already layered it successfully with Dior Homme and can imagine the parfum layering well with other beauties like Guerlain Vol de Nuit, Lanvin My Sin, Schiaparrelli Shocking (along with a drop of civet / patchouli), SL MKK, Ava Luxe Film Noir, and Fendi Uomo, among others.

This craving has grown so much that I have written to London asking for the prices of the urn parfums to see if it is cheaper then ordering direct from Paris. *sigh*

::Begins to save pennies::
    Last edited by moondeva; 26th December 2006 at 04:23 AM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Viktor & Rolfs Antidote......Gary

After a crazily busy day at work, I am back home, sipping Chinese White tea (I got a box of 8 gourmand teas, 25 packets each from our cat Tootsie, that's what the gift tag said!), eating peach gummy rings and smelling of Rochas Femme.

Started the day in L'Heure Bleue and now am wearing Lolita Lempicka (gift from BF) with my new silk pyjama's. Tomorrow we go out for a fancy meal with Mum and Dad and I'll wear my other perfume gift, Prada, which I got from Mum. I am so spoiled!

I'm looking forward to meeting Goddess_Dreams, who is in town. We'll hopefully get to do a little sniffing together.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Cabochard & Orange Blossom
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I actually ended up wearing Cinnabar, having considered Cristobal and
    Cinema. Hope you all have a great day!

Santa Maria Novella, Sandalo for the night.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I wore Egoiste in the beginning of the day, until I opened my Christmas package of Obsession from my SO. Then I was "Obsessed" the rest of the day.
    My mother received a bottle of Joy edt spray, which I'd never tried before. I recognised it instantly as something I've smelled off and on for years on different women. The edt is nice for my mother, who's almost 80. I think the edp would have been too 'rich'.
    - Kathy -

I wore Arabie.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

On Christmas day, I ended up wearing Forbidden Fruit by Desperate Housewives - no real reason other than it was the first bottle I picked up (while I was still half asleep).