Code of Conduct

Default What gifts did you get? :)

I'm curious! Inquiring minds want to know: What pressies did you get for Christmas?

Default Re: What gifts did you get? :)

My favorite pressie is my "Roomba". You know that round robot vacuum cleaner that cleans by itself????? Well it really works and it really works well!!!!!!! The carpets actually look like they have been vacuumed by a standard vacuum cleaner. Its awesome!!!!
    Awesomeguy

I got a beautiful pearl necklace (from...no, this is too difficult...), season 2 of LOST on DVD (from daughter), a mascara and lipstick by Helena Rubinstein (from step daughter).
    Last edited by musse; 25th December 2006 at 09:00 PM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I got Sensual Amber from BBW, scent wise. My favorite present is a vintage crystal opal flower ring which is gorgeous! My birthday is in October

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musse
    I got a beautiful pearl necklace (from...no, this is too difficult...), season 2 of LOST on DVD (from daughter), a mascara and lipstick by Helena Rubinstein (from step daughter).
    Awww, musse! Whatever is the matter? Those presents sound lovely!

I am sorry to see that your christmas presents are bittersweet for some reason...

I do hope things are better / happier in time for the New Year.

Wishing you much happiness in the near and far future.

moondeva
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I got "The Office: Season 1" on DVD, a beautiful cashmere scarf, a book of recipes assembled by my mother (the recipes are for everything that I liked best as a little girl) and Datura Noir. And candy, and clothes, and a promise to go shopping for more clothes... I love Christmas.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Awww, musse! Whatever is the matter? Those presents sound lovely!

I am sorry to see that your christmas presents are bittersweet for some reason...

I do hope things are better / happier in time for the New Year.

Wishing you much happiness in the near and far future.

moondeva
    Moondeva - thanks for your compassion!!!
    I got a little sentimental because of a somewhat complicated situation that that necklace put me in. I´m convinced that I can handle it, though, and I already feel much better about it, than when I wrote the post.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I got a beautiful tan leather purse from my brother that he picked up in Spain, a travel manicure set, a kettle, sheets, pots and pans, whiskey glasses, a flatwear set, a hand mixer (all household things from my Dad, who loves to give me things for, especially, the kitchen), Prada gift set with lotion from my Mum, her grandmother's pocket watch (a family heirloom). I got silk pyjamas from BF's parents and some nice bath smellies from his sister. From BF I got Lolita Lempicka, a sweet little "pearl" necklace and... a shiny, sparkly engagement ring! I said yes, of course.

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's hoping for peace and happiness in the coming year.

Cool gifts so far!

Mine were:
    -- a new kitchen blender from Sparky, the dog;
    -- a box of 8x25 gourmand teas from Tootsie, the cat;
    -- a box with 4 fragrances from Mr.Twolf (EL Private Collection in perfume, my SotD today, is one of them);
    -- a bracelet in "Hugs and Kisses" pattern from my dear father-in-law who passed away on Dec.13;
    -- a teddy bear in Christmas outfit and a BBW set in Japanese Cherry Blossom (bubble bath, body lotion and a rubber duckie ) from my lovely SIL;
    -- Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers and a box of candy from my wonderful mother-in-law;
    -- a 50 dollar bill from a distant relative;
    -- a dish of cookies and a wreath broach from a co-worker;
    -- a set of mugs from our friends in IL;
    -- packages from Vinterdroppe, lilybp, musse.

Thanks goodness no clothes or Walmart gift-cards this year!

Wonderful golden ring from my dear HB and pefumery gift voucher (thinking all the time what to buy), another gifts are waiting in other country where I leave to tomorrow.

Congrat, pellen, to your YES! My best wishes of luck!

My christmas-present this year:

Two sweaters and a cardigan, all really fashion, from my children! I love getting clothes from them! Now I am dressed for a long time!

A pair of really ugly but enormously comfortable working-shoes. They are wonderful!

Wollen Yarn - bought abroad, as this is very expensive in Sweden.

A philosofic thinking-book, put together by a swede, but picking thoughts from many famous philosofers.

A beautiful candle-holder for the wall, in black metal, formed as a tree.

Some money from my very old parents. They can´t buy things no more...
    Last edited by Margareta; 26th December 2006 at 10:39 AM.

Among my gifts were

SMN eau de cologne "Citta di Kyoto"
    SMN hand cream "Pasta di Mandorle" (love it!)
    iPod 30GB form my lovely husband
    knitting needles made from rosewood
    several cook books (i love to cook)
    A huge leather carpet for our livingroom (just amazing!)

Perfume-related I got Givenchy Organza - 2005 Harvest edition

But my best gift was non-perfume-related. My kitty who suffered from sort of allergy, and who has been on high-dose steroid medication since the beginning of the year, seems to have recovered. She has been without medication for almost 2 months now, and still no rashes/ulcerations

CONGRATULATIONS PELLEN! I said "yes" on Christmas Eve last year, it's such a romantic time to get engaged!

I had lovely presents this year. I had asked oh for a small bottle of #5 parfum. I recieved a shoebox sized gift-box with parfum, bath oil, bath gel, and dry oil body spray. :swoon:

Plus a big encyclopaedia about fish (I love snorkelling), a model of Captain Jack from Torchwood, a book of love poetry, decleor gift set, and socks and useful things.

Lille-My - that 's fantastic news about your kitty. We are going to a cat rescue place tomorrow and hope very soon to have two new cats at home with us!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Pellen! Hugs to all, especially the girl with the pearl(s), Musse. I am so happy for all your lovely rewards for being such good girls.

We enjoyed peace and quiet.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I received so many lovely gifts from friends and family this year that
    I will just mention a few:
    New answer phone from youngest son.
    Lovely, snuggle pillow from older son.
    Perfume (Cinema), money, chocolates, flowers and the book
    of the TV series Planet Earth fron DH.
    Clarins skin care items and Eau Dynamisante from sister no. 3.
    Clarins make up palette from sister no.4.
    Wheat-filled, lavender-scented hot water botle that heats up in the microwave from my Aunt.
    Lots of chocolates and bath products,scented candles....

The biggest non-surprise: a bottle of Obsession edp spray from my SO, the Obsession-obsessed.

Gifts someone not familiar with my family would understand - we get each other new, latest edition LED, halogon, or whatever, flashlights. Most of my family are pilots, and have to fly in the dark a lot in winter, so we use, abuse and lose flashlights like crazy - it's become sort of a family tradition. I got a mega 10-light LED which switches to red for cockpit use, and a flasher just in case you're trying to irritate your passenger :-)

Leather jacket; DKNY jammies; MP3 player; sweater; spark plugs for my airplane; fuel line for my snowmachine, and lots of tools...(to fix things I break). I got my new little kitten a rabbit fur blanky, which I thought he'd love but promptly viciously tore apart (I've never had a cat before and this was a teeny little orphan someone found in an alley and gave to me. Jeez, I don't think this little fella needs coddling. He needs an exorcism.).

I didn't get the crystal singing bowl I put on my wishlist, and I'm trying to not act disappointed :-(
    ... or the bottle of Montale's Black Aoud. My sister went to Nordstroms, and she said she couldn't find it there. I should have been more *specific*.

A blue cashmere sweater that matches my eyes.
    A charcoal colored fishermen's sweater.
    A pair of tobacco brown worsted wool slacks.
    MPG Santal Noble.
    Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, "Ballad of the Broken Seas"-CD

I hope you all have a wonderful 2007!!!

Peace and Love,

-Sloan

No prezzies except what I bought for myself - perfume, of course.

Red Door Velvet - Narciso Rodriguez Edt in a different bottle - I mean dead on. Cheaper than NR, but it's a limited edition.

Bond So New York

Bond West Side

J. Del Pozo In Black

XOXO Heartbeat (inexpensive huge bottle so I could get free shipping)

Had the most wonderful Christmas Eve with my son, Ashley, his wife, Donna, my ex-husband, David, and his adorable wife, Kathy. During the ride home with David and Kathy at Thanksgiving (Ashley lives in Atlanta), we had such a good time that they invited me to join them for their Christmas Eve festivities. They do Christmas really BIG, gorgeous decorations all over the house, food out the whazoo and more wine than I'm accustomed to drinking. We ate and drank and laughed ourselves silly. The best Christmas I've had in many years and an invite for next year has already been extended.

It also served as a momentary distraction as I lost my cat, Halloween, on Thursday to kidney disease. I have many, many cats but he and I had bonded from day one, and for over 16 years, we shared a connection that only animal lovers can understand. Months of meds, fluids and shots just couldn't turn it around so I had to let him go.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I love to hear about all of the presents everyone received ...

We're not quite finished with gift exchanges, yet. We still have next weekend with my family. But so far, some of the stuff that I opened:

a curio cabinet for my perfumes (although I think it's going to be too small!)
    a jayhawk hoodie
    a baker's rack for my kitchen, to display my blue pottery
    a couple of gift certificates
    lot's of other odds and ends

congratulations to Pellen and condolences to JAG
    I've trademarked the color bleu

My BF and I gave each other pleasure (doesn't cost money) and music... for him , Leonard Cohen, (I'm Your Man) for me, Yusuf (aka Cat Stevens) Another Cup

It was a great day with the kids and grandparents, cooking for fun, not pressure, playing Apples to Apples and feeling loved.

A friend at work gave me Paris Cafe dishes, knowing my obsession, and another friend gave me a lovely glass bead necklace from the Corning Museum in NY. It is aubergine and lavender in color and feels so smooth and sensual on the skin.
    My daughter gave me an Angel of Strength statuette. That was a surprise and I love the thought that went into it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

chanel mad EDT from BF ( the best!!!! )
    estee lauder beyond paradise and a green chinease jewelry box from my manager.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Here is what I got for Christmas:
    -Teapot set from a colleague
    -Peter Rabbit Towel set from colleague
    -Winnie the Pooh huggable bear from my favourite bartender
    -Mac palette of eyeshadow from my ex
    -Sheiseido palette of eyeshadow and shimmer powder from my aunt (limited edition, she brought it back from Tokyo)
    -Sergio Rossi Black Heels from myself
    -2 sweaters from myself
    -a kiss
    -a new apartmemt

(I know there are a few pressies awaiting to be picked up in the next few days )

Smile Re: What gifts did you get? :)

Sounds like some wonderful and very heartfelt celebrations all around. Congrats Pellen!

I got:
    -gorgeous long leather gloves from Coach, lined in cashmere (from mom)
    -beautiful teardrop amber pendant on gold chain (from mom)
    -French press coffee maker + Kona coffee (from boss)
    -muah jong tablet bracelet (from boss)
    -cute animal post-it notes + sandalwood-scented soap (from co-worker)
    -nice black work slacks & lavendar-colored wrap cashmere sweater (from BF...we survived our break and patched things up)
    -Vera Wang Princess and D&G Light Blue from BF (not totally my styles, although Light Blue's in my wardrobe, but I will wear them for him and they aren't bad )
    -$100 gift card to Macy's (from BF)
    -awesome card from BF which says "Merry Christmas. Although the words don't come often enough, the thought is always in my mind. I love you."
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

JAG, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

I received a ton of awesome gifts this year. As an early Christmas pressie, my boyfriend took me to Vegas (Amazing trip!) and got me three SL scents: A La Nuit, Ambre Sultan, and Chergui. He also got me three Coach charms for my Soho purse in my initials. He is an amazingly sweet guy and I am incredibly lucky to have him. I love him so much!

And of course my family rocks the house when it comes to presents.
    My younger sister got me some really great Smartwool socks
    My aunt knitted me a cowl/scarf type thingy
    My dad painted me a night sky landscape
    My mom got me a gift certificate to Land's End
    My twin sister got me Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle
    My kitties, Milan and Lennybruce, got me a Clairsonic MD face brush and some lovely Philosophy face treatments from Sephora, as well as some fragrance samples (Creed's Love In White, Tom Ford's Black Orchid).
    My friends got me... a microwaveable wrap for achy muscles, a bottle of Glenfiddich which is one of my favorite types of Scotch, a cute kitty-shaped cell phone holder, a musical kitty fountain, a tin of popcorn, some hand-painted ornaments, and I can't remember what else!

Gosh, it's been a great year. I am recovering from my stupid illness (being sick over Christmas sucks), and life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea
    My kitties, Milan and Lennybruce, got me a Clairsonic MD face brush and some lovely Philosophy face treatments from Sephora, as well as some fragrance samples (Creed's Love In White, Tom Ford's Black Orchid).
    I would be interested to know what you think of Love in White - I tried it recently, and it smelled quite unisex to me - a herbal, non-sweet floral, despite having a rich floral heart. Is it the iris which makes the white flowers smell like that?
    -

HUGE CONGRATS TO PELLEN ON HER ENGAGEMENT!

Best wishes to you and your husband to be .

My Christmas is in January, but hubby's family celebrates only New Year. So, with his family we're opening gifts on New Year's Day and with my family on January 7th. Hubby wanted to give me one of my gifts already, he knew I was really looking forward to it so much: my new bottle of Ange ou Démon. The rest is to follow...

JAG my deepest condolences on your loss. I have two kitties and that bond you spoke of is pretty special; we'd do anything to relieve their suffering and sometimes that means letting them go...

Warm wished to you all this Holiday Season!
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 27th December 2006 at 04:37 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Very nice gifts, I might say!

Hey, I am in touch with somebody who knows someone who is employed as an elf. So, if that Christmas left you sad or mad, if you have been nice all year long and it has not been reciprocated, please shoot me a pm. It does not matter where you live or if you celebrate or not!

Jag - I'm so sorry about Halloween. I had my beloved hebe (my namesake) put to sleep in November, she was 15 and had kidney disease too.

My Christmas was an okay one - it would've been better if I wasn't feeling so tired! The presents I received this year were great (I never complain about what I'm given!):

- A box of lemon-scented toilettries (shower gel, moisturiser and toner, from memory) from my aunt, her BF & my cousins
    - A cute towel from my grandparents
    - 2 cocktail glasses, a stir stick and a book of cocktails from around the world from my uncle, aunt & cousins (though, it was my cousin/best friend who thought of it!! She's 3 months older than me, and we think alike!)
    - An Elvis teddy bear & 2 kids books (they were my fave books when I was 5 yo, so when mum saw them on ebay, she HAD to get them for me!) from my parents

My sister still hasn't given me my present (I think I know what I'm getting from her though - Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker), and I haven't exchanged gifts with my best friend....so...we'll just have to wait and see!!

Talking Re: What gifts did you get? :)

Oooh where to start I got a Ysatis gift set , very irrisistiblle gift set, clothes, jewelery, chocolates, face creams, nail careBeautifull boots,bath prods, PC games,and a heap load of other goodys sitting here a very spoilt girl

Chanel 19 EDP, in the opaque refillable case. It's smoother than the EDT, without losing any personality as had feared. Now I just have to figure out where to get the discontinued EDP refills...