Code of Conduct

Default A hoplessly fragrance ingorant high schooler in desperate need of help

*Somewhat long post but I'd greatly appreciate any responses!!!!*

Hey everyone, I'm new here and would greatly appreciate any help! Throughout high school I've never been concerned with the way I smelled as long as I didn't smell bad. That all changed however, when I starting seeing this girl who really loved guys who smell great (she kept insisting I buy some cologne). I've stopped seeing her, but it made me want to try this whole cologne thing out. This is where I need your help...I'm looking for a fragrance with a definite masculine presence, yet not too masculine. It can also be slightly/subltely masculine, as long as the masculinity is there. It also has to last a reasonably long time. I'm 18 so it can't be something my grandfather would wear. It needs to be an embodiment of the young, exude freshness, and most importantly *** make women's knees buckle ***! I'm very open minded so I definitely wouldn't mind trying out new things (i.e fruity, citrusy, coffee, other unique flavors...basically anything is new for me, my experience with scents goes no further than Axe/Tag/cliche stuff). Finally, the price has to be reasonable! I plan on using the most recommended scent for my senior high school winter semi-formal! I've been recommended Rochas Man so far...but thats the only one.

Default Re: A hoplessly fragrance ingorant high schooler in desperate need of help

I'm a highschooler as well. Armani Code is great for formal events and evening wear, John Varvatos is nice as well. I personally like Chanel allure sport, although it is not the manliest, right now my favorite is Burberry Brit. Check those out and see what you think, I have gotten several compliments from older (early twenties) women on allure sport, but I can't attest to the knee buckling power of any of the others.

Default Re: A hoplessly fragrance ingorant high schooler in desperate need of help

I was a highschooler and I wish I knew what I know now back then because I would love to have worn the things I own now, back then...

I'll start off with a list of some great ones that will suit you. However, don't get caught up in trying too hard to get women to notice. They usually do but you really wont know what they think about your scent unless you are close enough with them so simply trying to attract girls will get you stuck in plain, boring, common colognes.

Here is a list:
    Bvlgari Black
    Rochas Man
    Geir
    Azzaro Chrome
    Live Jazz
    Gucci pour Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Gucci Envy

That is a small list of things to try. You should be able to find most those things in a mall. I kept a wide range of scents from sweet orientals with vanilla dominating the basenotes to really woody and fresh, citrusy stuff. I hope you find something in that bunch. If not, I'll give you a new list of things to try.

Welcome to basenotes!

We've all been there mate, I would check these out, all are reasonably priced and smell really gd, I dont like really manly smells myself and I think girls tend to like sweeter scents (thats my opinion) try these and see how you get on:

Paul Smith - London
    Paul Smith - Story
    Joop - Jump
    Versace - man (Purple bottle)
    Paco Robanne - Black XS
    Givency - Pi
    Givency - Very Irresistible

Good luck man!

Versace Man
    Le Male
    B*Men
    Angel Men
    Gaultier▓

XS- Paco Rabonne
    L'eau D'Issey- Issey Miyake
    Bvlgari Pour Homme

XS- Paco Rabonne
    L'eau D'Issey- Issey Miyake
    Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Undound- Halston

As far as types of scents...some great ones have been listed already, but could I suggest a place to purchase? If you have any Marshall's/TJ Maxx's near you, you can find some of these scents at a great discount.

Creed - Himalaya

Himalaya can be found on Ebay for $35-45.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem \ Christian Dior Dior Homme \ Creed Himalaya \ Creed Millesime Imperial \ Hermes Terre d'Hermes \ L'Artisan Dzing!