Code of Conduct

Default Montale Sweet oriental dream

For those who have tried, would you consider this a true unisex scent, or is this a stretch? Looking at the notes makes me want to give it a try (I'm desperate for a new rose scent, and i noticed the rose note) but all the sugary notes and the overall gourmand quality makes me suspect it would work better for women. Also, how prominent is the rose, and how would you describe its character and quality? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Montale Sweet oriental dream

On my skin it was unremarkable, to say the least. No rose whatsoever, too sweet, too straightforward.

I didn't smell rose, I smelled Turkish Delight - unrelenting powdered sugar.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know what you already have, but you may wish to try the following (I was given samples just before X-mas: Roses Musk and Aoud Flowers.
    The first is definitely masculine, the second is masculine at the beginning and towards the dry down, which takes a while to set in.

RM: Figure Damascene Rose as in Black Aoud, rich and heavy, against a similarly dark background. Absolutely smashing, and as it isn't aoud, almost half as expensive.

'Aoud Flowers' also contain rose (and more) plus a sharper, almost sparkling kind of aoud. Very tempting. I think this was made for women. But due to the freshness (relatively speaking), and with a rather dark dry down, I would consider to wear this one, and forget about Aoud Lime. After all, I still want the Attar as well. Nobody needs to be afraid of the amount of rose it contains!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to like this one. But all I got from it was burning, sticky sugar.

thanks guys.