Code of Conduct

Default Any good Jasmine Green Tea fragrances?

Any one know of a fragrance that basically smells exactly like Jasmine Green Tea - not in the cup with water, but dry in the container!

I've seen a few fragrances that claim to be jasmine tea in the directory, but I'd rather hear what you guys have to say about them.

Also, why is there no unisex fragrance discussion forum? Can I just post this in the female section too? I suspect they'd have something to say about this. Seems like a very unisex type of fragrance.

Default Re: Any good Jasmine Green Tea fragrances?

I don't know how much this will answer your exact question, but L'Artisan's Thé Pour un Eté is jasmine and tea elements par excellence. Really wonderful with both elements.

Another, but not as heavy to the jasmin flower, is L'Occitane's Thé Vert (Green Tea).

As to the entirely separate issue of unisex fragrance discussion, this comes up every now and then in the Help! Feature Requests, etc. forum. Here's one of the threads on it:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=186238
    Thanks,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

How's about Bulgari's Eau Parfumee au The Vert?
    And I 2nd L'Occitane's Green Tea and Jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I don't know how much this will answer your exact question, but L'Artisan's Thé Pour un Eté is jasmine and tea elements par excellence. Really wonderful with both elements.

Another, but not as heavy to the jasmin flower, is L'Occitane's Thé Vert (Green Tea).

As to the entirely separate issue of unisex fragrance discussion, this comes up every now and then in the Help! Feature Requests, etc. forum. Here's one of the threads on it:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=186238
    Thanks,
    --Chris
    Yep. the L'Artisan's Thé Pour un Eté is a wonderful jasmine and green tea fragrance. I thought it might be a bit feminine for me, but I got two compliments from the nursing staff the first day I wore it. I used up the sample and have not bought a bottle, but intend to as one of my summer/spring purchases.

-Slim

I'm not sure how close this would be but Costume National's Scent opens with Jasmin Tea.

I third the L'Artisan. I found I had to apply it really heavilly and it was better for me in the Autumn than in the summer, but after a shakey start, I ended up loving it. Very uplifting!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

So about the Thé Pour un Eté - I'm really not into lemon in my Jasmine Tea and I notice reviewers mention lemon. It's not like a crappy Nestea type lemon is it? I hate that stuff. How does it compare to L'Occitane's Green Tea and Jasmine. I should go check that out I have an Occitane a few blocks away.

I can't compare it to L'Occitane but the L'artisan had no lemon to my nose. Maybe a little bergamot but no lemon. This is not a citrus fragrance. It's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR
    So about the Thé Pour un Eté - I'm really not into lemon in my Jasmine Tea and I notice reviewers mention lemon. It's not like a crappy Nestea type lemon is it? I hate that stuff. How does it compare to L'Occitane's Green Tea and Jasmine. I should go check that out I have an Occitane a few blocks away.
    I get a bit of lemon in the Thé Pour un Eté, but its very light, and may well be bergamot.
    The L'Occitane is an interesting fragrance. I really enjoy some of the L'Occitane stuff, but they all have a common heavy quality, a syrupy weight to them that works well with some (Vetyver and 4 Velours) but not with others, in my opinion. The green tea just falls flat to me. That said, I get no jasmine from it, and very little lemon. Give it a try.
    A really good representation of green tea with lemon is Rodger and Gallet's Eau de Thé Vert. There is lemon in this one, but its a beautiful, lofty, natural smelling lemon note. I know what you mean about the Nestea note. Lemon can be done very poorly - I'm most often reminded of lemon drops or cleaning supplies, and I don't generally like citrus fragrances because of this.

-Slim

I find the tea note to be excellent in the roger & gallet but I don't like the citrus or the way it doesn't seem to blend with the tea. I think it has some grapefruit (normally I love citrus!).
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews