Code of Conduct

Default Declaration Essence

I kinda like it. I've only smelled it on card and from the bottle though, no skin test. The bottle is amazing. Thoughts? Too mature/aged for a 19 year old? Don't say "nothing is ever too mature/aged! ho ho ho!"
    Also, does YSL L'Homme smell really generic and not like YSL at all? For some reason I smell a similar bottom note in every YSL scent I've tried, but this one is like a warmer and even more pointless Euphoria for men.

Default Re: Declaration Essence

I bought Déclaration my self some years ago when I was 22 and I can assure you it won't be a problem, after a while it gets quite subtle. it's is a great fragrance that I consider buying again but test it first on your skin.

they are very similar

I really like Declaration *Essence. I've sampled it a few times but for some reason never purchased a bottle. Today I re-visited Essence at Sephora and once again I am impressed. For me it would be a new twist on "fresh" versus my Guerlain Vetiver.

Can anyone who has used this on a consistent basis add anything about longevity or projection ? Contrary to what others have said I think this would be a good one for me in warm weather. Does it blend well with sweat ?

It is obvious that it contains quality ingredients.

Any advice would be much appreciated..very little on here for what I consider a DAMN GOOD fragrance.

Count me as a fan of it also.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Count me as a fan of it also.
    In a REALLY weird way I associate this with Oscar De La Renta por Lui. Do you get this ? They are very different from each other but the spice accords to my nose seem very similar. Yet they go in two completely different directions...meeting at a lone intersection perhaps but only for a moment.

After trying it again today I am totally getting the BO smell that many reviewers have mentioned. To me it smells more of a general "musty" smell versus BO. I think a person's body chemistry would play a huge role in this one. You must sample this first...no blind buying please. The other aspects of this scent are truly unique.

After trying to wash it off with orange scented dishwashing soap it still won't come off. For a fresh type scent this is very unique for me.

No ODLR Por Lui vibe at all with this the second time around.

I sense this fragrance to be amazing and appropriate at almost any age

Banned

I bought a pile of the 1.5mL samples on eBay on the cheap in hopes of being able to replace my bottle of regular Declaration. I like it, but it's missing something that the regular Declaration has. I think the Declaration Cologne is the best of the flankers, closely followed by Bois Bleu.

I think it's terrible. I can appreciate it is unique but it just stinks of BO really bad.

I even sprayed it for my mother and father to smell and they both turned their noses up in disgust and said it was the worst thing they'd ever smelt.