Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default SotD Saturday 30 December

Eau de Charlotte for me today.

Enjoy the last Saturday of the year 2006! Next Saturday will be Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday and time for Orientals.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 30 December

After all the bashing of poor Andy Tauer because he raised the price of L'Air du Desert Marocain,
    I just had to try my sample again.

Just to see if I really missed something, you know

Nice scent but still, not FBW for me. What a relief!

A great weekend to all of you :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Have a nice-smelling secound last day of the year, all!

Shalimar for today.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Love in Paris by Nina Ricci for me today....I hadn't worn it before today (mainly because it's my mum's!!) Not my type of fragrance - turned too powdery on me...still, not the worst I've tried

Have a good last weekend of 2006!

For the last saturday of the 2006 im wearing Bvlgari Black!
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Basenotes Institution

Thanks to everybody for your kind words of support in our yesterday's SotD thread. Raining here, thundering and raining more. Wearing Yves Rocher Ode a l'Amour, a pink perfume with the floriental feel.

Mystere for me today.

Iris Nobile EdT and Bodylotion for me again today

Twolf, my sincere condolences with your father-in-law.

Thanks for all nice words and hugs for my youngest son. He's feeling much better today. My other son, also epileptic, joined his brother yesterday evening with a seizure, but all is quiet again, pfff. Never a dull moment in Liev's house.

I'm wearing Vol de Nuit today. Have a good weekend!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Basenotes Institution

Oh boy! ((((( Hugs to lievje!)))))

Oh dear Lord, I am not the brightest cookie in the box at the moment. Too worried about our Paisley, I think.
    So, sorry dear Twolf and Lievje!!!

Twolf dear (((hug)))) my heartfelt condolences with your father-in-law.
    Lievje, all the best with your sons. I hope they will recover soon. Well, they have a sweet mother to watch over them.

to both of you!

Condolences also from me. Do hope things pick up for the two of you soon.
    I reached for AA Flora Nerolia this morning and am so glad I did.

Creeds Green Valley
    Gary

Hugs to ((Twolf)) and ((lievje)) for different reasons, but with the same affection. Sending good vibes your way, dears.
    I smell like an almond cookie, I'm wearing Mazzolari Alessandro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

JOY! :bounce: at being home again (and because I love it!)

But then went back and read today's posts with their sad references. Want to join other BNers in their support and condolences for Wolf Lady and Lievje - and thank you for the examples of bravery and spirit you exhibit.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Welcome home, Taolady dear! We missed you! Hope you had lovely days with your family!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Praise the spirits of scents!!
    My Dear Dragon is back where she belongs! In the perfumed arms of BN!

Welcome home, TaoDear! How I missed you!!
    :bounce:

Oh, lievje, I'm so sorry to hear this. The three of you must be exhausted. Hugs to all of you.

I'm starting today with 10 Corso Como with my coffee. Nice dry woods after last nights sugar ball. My SIL2B gave me this vanilla body cream from a local place for Christmas. It smells good! Very foody, so for me it's a stay at home scent, it smells exactly like vanilla cake batter. I layered it with Delices de Cartier and smelled like the cherry cupcakes that my nasty ex-roommate ate! Aaah, memories.
    DH2B is cuddled up in bed, having a rare sleep in, so I've got the morning to myself to sip coffee, and do the Saturday crossword puzzle.
    Bon samedi!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Let's make this a group hug to share our burdens and stress, our camaraderie and pleasures. You are all such fine souls.

I bring amber to the morning: Hermes Ambre Narguile.

Going out tonight to this special place: TSL, which has been featured in Country Living magazine and on TV. Hostess promises to sway the table with food, and we finally get to meet her new beau who is the director of our state's Public Radio network. (Are you impressed by my feeble name-dropping? ) Will wear Black Vetyver Cafe & Feminite du Bois.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm wearing Farnesiana edp this morning.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend!

Joining in the group hug, here. Glad to touch upon such a caring circle of fragrant friends!
    Had my own gathering with three of my best gf last night, too. Women somehow know how to take care of one another, thank goodness for that!

Sampling a bit this morning. 24 Faubourg on one wrist . Arabie on the other.
    Rather in a state of confusion, will post my real sotd when I can decide!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Ava Luxe
    Kretek
    parfum

Kreteks, or clove cigarettes as they are known in the USA, were first created by a man named Haji Jamahri from Java, Indonesia. Kreteks are a mixture of tobacco, cloves and a special flavoring sauce . Kreteks were initially created for medicinal purposes to numb the pain of asthma - the eugenol in the cloves provided a painkilling effect for the lungs. Now kreteks are the national cigarette in Indonesia, and smoked more than any other kind. In America and other parts of the world, kreteks have a sort of bohemian connotation, frequently smoked by people in the underground scenes.

This Kretek fragrance is the scent of fine tobacco, woods and amber with clove buds. Very evocative and yet totally wearable and delicious!
    (from www.ava-luxe.com)

Notes:

Clove bud

Cinnamon
    Cardamom

Tobacco leaf

Amber
    Sandalwood
    Incense

Last edited by moondeva; 30th December 2006 at 05:05 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Need something bright and springy today...Penhaligon's Bluebell!

Joining the group-hugg, too, giving my warmest thoughts to the ones who has difficulties right now!

For the eve: Crystal Noir EdP + bodylotion.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Moondeva, that link goes to a company that does powder paint coating and sells recycled metals. I'm sure you meant to post a different one. Edit as soon as you get a chance.
    Sorry to the people with problems. Life is a daily struggle. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. That is all you can do.
    Chanel No. 19 today. Raining outside, much needed water. Thinking of rosebuds and leaves with raindrops on them.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    that link goes to a company that does powder paint coating
    Haven't you heard, Purp? That's how we're getting our fragrances applied now.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    Moondeva, that link goes to a company that does powder paint coating and sells recycled metals. I'm sure you meant to post a different one. Edit as soon as you get a chance.
    Hi purplebird7,

Here it is. It has a dash between ava and luxe.

http://www.ava-luxe.com/

I'm wearing Bandit today.

I'm also going to join in on the group hug ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Dzing! for the evening. Every time I wonder why I don´t wear it more often. This is a unique scent, if there ever were one.

Comfort hugs and cake to those who are having a hard time

Another BPAL - The Pool Of Tears. From the "Alice In Wonderland" series:

"A sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume. "

It has a thing at the beginning that is rather unpleasant to me. I think it's supposed to be the "salty tears" note, but to me it's more metallic/rusty/bloody smelling. It fades pretty fast, thankfully, and becomes soapy, which I can deal with.

But THEN...I realized that I had smelled that smell before. I grabbed a decant from the shelf, and YES!!!

The Pool Of Tears is Fire Island (Bond No. 9) with a "salty note" thing in the fore.

Identical! I went from wrist to bottle cap, wrist to bottle cap, for several minutes. It's the SAME.

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about this.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Decided on En Avion. I just love this exquisite fragrance. Beauty with substance.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sending all my blessings to the ones who need it.

Today, I started off with Chanel's Gardenia then switched to A*Men in the evening. The weather is a lot cooler, and wearing a male gourmand scent makes me feel a little warmer (feels like I am under a big wooly blanket).

I share giving my condolences to you Twolf, on the loss of you father-in-law. And lieve, you have my sympathy! I hope this is the kind they'll grow out of!

I'm cleaning house today and ought to being wearing "Miracle" but have settled for Lemon Pledge. It layers well with Lemon Fresh Joy.

Why don't I know what BPAL stands for?
    Last edited by Shycat; 30th December 2006 at 06:41 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Why don't I know what BPAL stands for?
    http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html
    I hope nobody wants Mommy's attention once she figures out there's a frag site she hasn't scoured.

~Fresh Joy

My blessings to you all, and best wishes for the New Year!

I've started my day with Amour de Cacao but will end up in something else later. I'm going to a party where we'll be watching the UFC fight, Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz, and something tells me that I should probably not be wearing Amour de Cacao to that.

Notes for Amour de Cacao:
    Vanilla, Unsweetened Dark Chocolate, Bitter Orange
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Warm and positive vibrations to those who need a little extra support today. Thanks to you all for being part of this wonderful community that has lifted me on some of my recent dark days!

Started out testing 06103's Cedre but it's fading FAST so to go visit my friend, I'm going to change into Czech & Speake's Cuba.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I really wanted Mitsouko today but my husband has guys over to watch motorcycle movies so I went with Rive Gauche (vintage bottle) instead. It is always so cool!

Checking in on the late side here, having one of those drifting days where I can't seem to decide on anything. Got as far as "deciding" to wear something more masculine today... So, Havana on the wrist and Trussardi Uomo on the elbow (my "tobacco" side) and Caron Tabac Blond on the other wrist and KM Fleur de Peau on the other elbow (the "leather" side). Taken all together, I probably smell like a scene from an early Hitchcock movie.

More hugs to one and all, and looking forward to a great-smelling 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    Haven't you heard, Purp? That's how we're getting our fragrances applied now.
    I just swallowed my gum
    I started with No19 but it was too chilly & damp for it so I changed to the slightly spicy Salvador Dali pdt. I can't express how MUCH I dislike the the bottle For those that don't know the scent its a GINORMOUS pair of lips with a big nose as the cap.

Basenotes Institution

Thank you all for your kind words and hugs. We are all doing fine, looking forward to the new year.

I ended up wearing Daim Blond for the big UFC fight tonight , and I won the bet that Chuck Liddell would win .

Top Notes: Hawthorn, Ceylon Cardamom
    Middle Notes: Pallida iris from Tuscany, Apricot Kernel,
    Base Notes: Musk, Heliotrope, Leather

DH wore Armani Code.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    I ended up wearing Daim Blond for the big UFC fight tonight , and I won the bet that Chuck Liddell would win .

Top Notes: Hawthorn, Ceylon Cardamom
    Middle Notes: Pallida iris from Tuscany, Apricot Kernel,
    Base Notes: Musk, Heliotrope, Leather

DH wore Armani Code.
    Yay for Chuck. I don't like Tito Ortiz. Why do I even know who these people are?

Blog Entries

Ava Luxe Kretek
    dried down to pure cardamom on me, so ended today with

Vivienne Westwood
    Anglomania
    Eau de Parfum

Notes:
    Top: Cardamom, Coriander, Green Tea
    Heart: Rose Otto, Nutmeg, Violet
    Base: Vanilla, Amber, Leather

(Perfect!)
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Joining the group hug with you, all so wonderful, lovely, caring people. Thank you for your support!

Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Late to this one tonight. I've been in major slack mode this weekend. Wearing Avignon today (how I love this one!) and while not wearing Kretek, I am smoking one.