Code of Conduct

Default Compagnia Delle Indie Patchouly, Sandalo, etc.

I didn't come up with much in a search, so I thought I'd post a new one here. I just ordered some inexpensive EDT's from Compagnia delle indie. Just wondered if anybody had tried their Sandalo, Patchouli, Vetiver, or Colonia fragrances?

They'll probably get here early next week, so I'll be sure and post a review, but just curious if anybody else has tried them or could post reviews for others who might want to pick up a bottle (for about $20, it might make a good alternative for days when you don't want to waste your LV Sandalo or Vetiver Extraordinaire).
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 30th December 2006 at 02:59 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Default Re: Compagnia Delle Indie Patchouly, Sandalo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    I didn't come up with much in a search, so I thought I'd post a new one here. I just ordered some inexpensive EDT's from Compagnia delle indie. Just wondered if anybody had tried their Sandalo, Patchouli, Vetiver, or Colonia fragrances?

They'll probably get here early next week, so I'll be sure and post a review, but just curious if anybody else has tried them or could post reviews for others who might want to pick up a bottle (for about $20, it might make a good alternative for days when you don't want to waste your LV Sandalo or Vetiver Extraordinaire).
    John,

I have not tried them but I am very interested in your opinions, particularly regarding the Sandalo and Colonia. LV Sandalo is unobtainable and AdP Colonia Assoluta is on my to-test list. It will be interesting to see how well CDI stands up to the more expensive competitors.

Please, DO post reviews and bump this thread when you have tried them.

Paul
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 31st December 2006 at 11:04 PM.
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

Tried out the Colonia today. I've not tried the Acqua di Parma version, but reading the reviews and notes, I'd say they're pretty similar. Actually, of the classic EDC's I own, it reminds me most of PdN Cologne Sologne. All in all, given the price, I'd say this one is worth a try. I'll let you know what I think of the others (the Patchouli and the Sandalo) when I've tried them out.

High praise indeed for the Colonia. IMO, Nicolai's Cologne Sologne is one of the finest eaux de colognes extant.

I like the Sologne as well. But, I tried the Colonia again today and find them to be remarkably similar. In fact, the Colonia (being an EDT) has longer longevity. I think that the Sologne has a certain dignified quality that's hard to beat, but for the money, the Colonia is really quite nice.