Code of Conduct

Question What other frags smell like Guerlain Heritage?

I tried this one blind today, and I SWEAR I have smelled it before, and maybe even owned it, but it is my first Guerlain.

It smells so... familiar.

I thought maybe the BdP or PdNNY that I recently sampled, but nope...
    Opium EDT, nope... Nothing in my drobe seems to fit.

It would have to be a mass-market, non-niche frag, since that is all I owned before discovering basenotes.

Someone help me out with this, please! It's driving me nuts!

*edit* maybe a seriously amped-up Pierre Cardin? (I haven't owned this one in YEARS)

*another edit* Scratch the Pierre Cardin - that's not it either. The Creed BdP reminds me more of Pierre Cardin than Heritage does. (I realize that it is sacrilege to make this comparison - I'll probably get flamed for it!)

Thanks,

Paul
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 30th December 2006 at 08:10 PM.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: What other frags smell like Guerlain Heritage?

I am absolutely sure you are thinking about Zino Davidoff.

A 99% copy.

Mic

Thumbs up Re: What other frags smell like Guerlain Heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    I am absolutely sure you are thinking about Zino Davidoff.

A 99% copy.

Mic
    You nailed that one! It was hidden behind my other bottles, and I haven't worn it in a while (too many samples).

Zino seems a little bolder/spicier upon application, but they are VERY similar. I'll follow up after they dry a bit.

DW says they are very close, but she likes Heritage better.

*edit* ABSOLUTELY NAILED Mic, thank you. I guess if I don't know my own collection I shouldn't buy any more frags for a while... I too like the Heritage better. It seems a bit more versatile, and the longevity is good. Zino has always been a cold weather suit-and-tie frag to me. That must be why I never wear it. I'm a sweater & jeans type

Thanks!

Paul
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 30th December 2006 at 11:55 PM.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: What other frags smell like Guerlain Heritage?

It smells like a cross between Zino (closest resemblence) and Lalique (for that sour note), to me.