Code of Conduct

Default Ode to Nordstrom's (SF)

Wow! I had a great shopping trip. I tried out Hugh Parsons 99, Regent Street -- what a delicious fragrence. It's an EDP that doesn't have the heavy oil, masking-something feel to it. Really nice. The notes are listed as: Mastic, Violet, Geranium Leaves, Jasmine, Freesia, Orris, Musk, Amber Seeds and Amber Gris. I get Freesia and Amber, but it sits light.

The salesman helping me was very polite and knew the merchandise well. I went home with three new products: the aforementioned 99 Regent (straight to my favorites list), some nice Truefit and Hill shaving cream (sandalwood), and a fragrence for her :-) .

Default Re: Ode to Nordstrom's (SF)

Did you find that Regent 99 smells a lot like Creed Millesime Imperial? I really like it a lot and unfortunately, my local Nordstrom doesn't carry it. I also love the original Hugh Parsons... well-made citrus with staying power. Both have a classiness that is missing in most of the mass-market releases.

Have you guys tried the new Dunhill Pursuit? Also excellent!

Jim

Nordstrum's great, isn't it? I couldn't afford their prices, but what a place!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent
    Did you find that Regent 99 smells a lot like Creed Millesime Imperial? I really like it a lot and unfortunately, my local Nordstrom doesn't carry it. I also love the original Hugh Parsons... well-made citrus with staying power. Both have a classiness that is missing in most of the mass-market releases.

Have you guys tried the new Dunhill Pursuit? Also excellent!

Jim
    I smelled Dunhill Pursuit at SF Nordstrom a few times, and at first, there was something fruity in the top notes that I didn't like; but each time I smelled it again it would grow on me, so I finally popped for a bottle today.

Yes, the SA's at both perfume counters (men's & women's) at the SF downtown Nordstrom are great! Very knowledgable, as well as friendly and acessible!

Kudos to those guys!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    I smelled Dunhill Pursuit at SF Nordstrom a few times, and at first, there was something fruity in the top notes that I didn't like; but each time I smelled it again it would grow on me, so I finally popped for a bottle today.

Yes, the SA's at both perfume counters (men's & women's) at the SF downtown Nordstrom are great! Very knowledgable, as well as friendly and acessible!

Kudos to those guys!
    Wow. I'm stunned. That horrible SA story I wrote a little over a month ago with them putting fragrance all over me was at the San Fran Nordstrom. I went into the "fine fragrance" section and asked for fine fragrances and they took me over to the mens section and showed me a bunch of crap. I was hugely disappointed and shocked you got good service there.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I don't remember getting special service there, but I remember they actually
    would leave me alone to browse in the fine fragrance area. Some places
    seem reluctant to trust that the consumer really does know what they
    are looking for.

Also, they did find me a bottle of Stardust for Men that was stashed
    away in a drawer. That was a nice find, but that was quite a while ago.

Sorry you had a bad experience there, Azsmells.

Glad you received good service there. For me the San Francisco store has been poor sevice at the men's counter (mostly trying too hard to push certain scents on me) and good service at the women's counter. There was an SA who worked there and now is at Neiman Marcus who was very knowledgeable.

There is a good perfume store just down the street from Neiman Marcus (Geary I believe) owned by a Frenchman that carries a nice selection.

About finding a fragrance in a drawer, the Nordstrom's at Walnut Creek had a Guerlain Vetiver stashed in a drawer when I asked about it about a year ago. They said they only get a few bottles and do not display them. Always good to ask, just in case.