Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: How many people are likely to encounter your SotD on average?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fewer than 5

17 42.50%
  • 5 to 10

8 20.00%
  • 10 to 20

5 12.50%
  • More than 20

10 25.00%
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Question Poll: How many people smell you in a day?

On an average day, how many people are likely to encounter your SotD?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Poll: How many people smell you in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    On an average day, how many people are likely to encounter your SotD?
    BLESS you for your vivid imagination (and nice note!)!!

Are there sub-categories for proximity (who is it has the Chanel reply to the question "Where should I apply perfume?"..."...anywhere you want to be kissed!"...:bounce

Degrees of sillage? Do checkout guys at the Supermarket count? I get extra sniffing on Tai Chi!!!

Oh hell. I'll just vote!

And thank you Queenie! Have a happy and safe New Year's!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

At least 3-4. My husband, daughters, and sometimes my older daughter's friends will notice and try to guess the notes in what I'm wearing. I can't count the comments I get in public places, as I'm constantly trying to plug my Bath & Body business locally with my sneaky method of carrying around small bottles of lotions scented with my base line of fragrances, and applying them when I'm in public so that people get a whiff and say "Wow, what IS that?"

*evil grin*
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

If it's a work day, meaning I actually leave the house, then everybody at work gets a whiff. I work with several perfumey gals so we like to wave our wrists under each other's noses. Plus DH2B always has to give me a sniff and my best friend/manager is forced to smell as well. I don't count the people I encounter on the metro or in shops, but they probably occasionally get to partake in the joy!:bounce:

Cool Re: Poll: How many people smell you in a day?

Well, there are levels to this, as already noted. I work in an ER which sees about 200 patients a day, as an advocate I am in contact with a great many of them, so that's a lot of potential sniffs.

My inner circle of sniffers is more elite.
    My Significant other, my children, and about seven coworkers who have solidly committed themselves to commenting on my daily obsession, giving reviews that can be as simple as "yes" or "no," to "that is stunning," or "the person who made that frag should be shot." A couple of them have become equally obsessed, thanks to me!

The interesting thing, though, is that my children are always saying, no matter what I may be wearing, that I have that distinct Mommy smell that remains unchanging. Kind of nice.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Do you mean how many people do we come into contact with on a daily basis with SoTD or how many people comment?
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mochi227
    Do you mean how many people do we come into contact with on a daily basis with SoTD or how many people comment?
    I was really wondering about how many noses might catch a good whiff of your SotD, regardless of whether the mouths below those noses make any comment.

Working at home, I largely choose the frags I want to wear (aside from DH's two no-nos: Io Capri and Pomegranate Noir). I think that if I knew I were to encounter more people on a regular basis, it would narrow my choice of scents to those I thought would be well received, and I'd err on the side of un-application so as not to risk offense. That's what prompted my curiosity about the range of exposures others here experience.
    Last edited by Quarry; 31st December 2006 at 08:27 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Difficult question. I get in touch with more than 20 people every day, but i honestly hope they don´t all "smell me". More than 20 is my answer though, because they are all potential "sniffers"

happy is the bleu heart<3

I voted for more than 20 because on a normal work day I do have potential sniffing contact with at least that many.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

for me, this one depends on whether I'm working or not...If I'm working (I'm a fragrance demonstrator), then everyone I talk to gets to sniff my SotD (some people even end up buying a bottle!! lol)...if I'm not working, then it's only mum, dad, my sister and my cat - she always gives me her opinion...she either sniffs & runs away (meaning she hates it) or she sniffs and rubs her face on my wrist (meaning she loves it). 2 weeks ago, I was wearing Echo Woman Summer Fizz (from work), and she ended up smelling like it herself!!

for me, i agree to gloomy_liv...
    but it depends if i'm stuck at home doing homework
    or if i'm at school
    i don't recall a guy noticing what i wear
    but about 3-5 girls everyday, same or different, notices my scent...when i change and when i don't put in on...
    yeah
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I voted for more than 20. There are many people where I work. The persons I am working closest with have exelent noses, and I have always thought very much about what I am wearing, to not offend. - A person not working so close to me has an allergy-problem with perfumes, so I have reasently started to wear perfumed bodylotions at work for her sake, and that is OK for her. - I find only using perfumed bodylotions much more pleasant than I ever would have guessed. (But I put on perfume as soon as I leave work!)
    When I am not working, I also meet a lot of people, as I have hobbies.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I voted for upwards of 20 for sure... esp. on a work-day at a busy university .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Definitely more than 20! Not counting those submitted to my celestial aura (probably murderous sillage for some) on the crowded morning bus...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I voted fewer than 5.
    Hubby, daughter, friend of daughter and lady at the grocery store would be the average.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv
    f (I'm a fragrance demonstrator)
    Liv I want your job!
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

I voted fewer than 5.
    I work in a small-ish office and the people who would notice my scent is my father and my colleagues who work in the same department. Unless I re-apply in the evening, my friends normally don't detect my sillage.