Code of Conduct

Default The "Casmir's" by Chopard

Try as I might I cannot find any information about the different Casmir's. I have googled and googled and have come up empty. I love the original and wanted to pick up a bottle. I then stumbled upon the pink, white and blue. Oh...now I cannot decide. They all smell pretty similar, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. White, perhaps a white flower note. Pink, maybe a touch of pepper. Blue, who knows? What is the difference between the scents? Anyone know? On a disappointing note, the scent doesn't seem to last very long.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Casmir's" by Chopard

I've wondered about this, too. I thought I perceived a difference between the original and the pink-tinted version (the original being better). Hope some smartie pants will set us straight.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm getting a spicer feel from the pink. It is so vague however, it is hard to detect.

Blog Entries

The Casmir Festivals are Chopard's equivalent of Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois / Bois Series (Bois et Fruits Bois et Musc, Bois de Violette, Bois Oriental). Each are great worn alone or can be layered together, (or with the original) to highlight and play up different aspects.

Chopard Casmir Original - Starts out sweet and fruity, then there is a floral heart before a rich long lasting Tonka Bean dominated base accord. People mention a spiced vanilla drydown but on me the tonka bean reigns. Can be cloying.

Chopard Casmir Festival (White) - Focuses on the softer powdery aspects of the original. Soft fragrance almost similar to baby powder. But has been described as too sweet and musky.

Chopard Casmir Festival (Pink) - The emphasis is on the fruit and spice of the original Casmir with a sheer ambery (tonka bean) base. This is similar to Chopard Mira Bai, in fact it could easily pass for the Eau Fraiche version. Great if you adore the Original but find it too cloying to wear in warm weather. Needs regular top ups.

Chopard Casmir Festival (Blue) - I have not actually tried this myself, but I believe it to be similar to the soft talcy white festival but with an aqueous / ozonic aspect. Would love to try a sample / decant - just to know for sure!

I own Chopard Casmir in original and festival pink. I also own Mira Bai which has sadly been discontinued, as most good perfume blends are these days. I find the Mira Bai the best of them. I have to be in a Tonka Bean mood to wear the original as I have many better vanillas (fruity, spicy and otherwise). I would not buy the Festival Pink again as it seems such a pale version of the original and the far better Mira Bai.

I do hope that has helped. Good Luck & Happy Sniffing!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Thank you so much for that information. You have been very helpful. I am on a Chopard kick. Madness, Wish, Casmir...love them. I just ordered a sample of Mira Bai and Wish Pink Diamond from ScentMonkey. That is where I picked up the Pink, White and Blue samples. I will be anxiously awaiting the mail.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the insight, Moondeva.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    Thanks for the insight, Moondeva.
    My pleasure! ::hitches up smartie pants and wanders off::
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I haven't tried White and Pink, so thanks for the info - but I have tried Casmir Blue. To me it was like the original Casmir, very sweet (the sweetness reminded me a bit of L by Lolita Lempicka) and with some cough syrup. I must say I don't like the original very much, I prefer lighter scents and Casmir is simply too heavy for me. A friend of mine, who likes Casmir, bought the Blue blind and soon sold it, she hated the cough syrup note...

SO glad I stumbled onto this thread - and thanks to MoonDeva for the expo. Have been a Casmir fan from the get go and wasn't even aware of the spin offs! Think you guys have saved me some time and money!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze