Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for January 2007)

Figured we may as well break the "today I bought" thread into monthly installments for convenience sake.

So, who will be the first to register their '07 purchase--hmmmmm?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for January 2007)

never mind
    Last edited by Quarry; 1st January 2007 at 10:14 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I went out today and managed to buy nothing except new tires at Sears automotive....I retried Poeme and Azuree while touring the mall, and toyed with a new bottle of Byzance, but so far I have resisted.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, I plan to do some sample ordering for myself and my daughters so we can celebrate the new year with something new (to us) and dazzling! Hopefully we can share a bottle.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline
    ... new tires at Sears
    New Tires ... is that a knock-off of Bulgari Black or Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    New Tires ... is that a knock-off of Bulgari Black or Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia?

Actually I think there might have been some combo of Gardenia and Bobo involved. The tires were an excuse to go sampling, but I liked Azuree less than I remembered and gave it a pass. I loiked the new Hanae Mori but not enough to pay retail

The 2nd of January I bought the bodylotion of Lancôme Miracle Forever. I am hoping this one is so "moderate" it is possible to use it together with a lot of perfumes.
    Last edited by Margareta; 2nd January 2007 at 09:46 AM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

01/02/07 a new .8 bottle of Angel and 3.4oz Allure EDP
    Last edited by tinker424; 2nd January 2007 at 03:18 PM.

2nd Jan 07 - Chergui by Serge Lutens 50ml

1/3/07

Won on eBay (and paid for)
    Alain Delon Iquitos 1 oz.
    Charles Jourdan L'Insolent 1 oz EdT
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Finally gave in and ordered a 75 ml bottle of Idole de Lubin. Can't wait 'til it gets here in all its boozy, spicy glory!

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva
    Finally gave in and ordered a 75 ml bottle of Idole de Lubin. Can't wait 'til it gets here in all its boozy, spicy glory!
    Yummmmm! Great choice.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.

=

current favorites:
    =

I'm waiting for the arrival of bottles of Passage d'Enfer, CdG Cinnamon, Monyette Paris (thoughts of Spring are creeping in), and a sample pack of La Maison de la Vanille scents.

I finally broke down and bought a bottle of JPG Classique. Even though this is my sister-in-law's HG, I love it so much I am going to do my darndest to make it my own as well.
    ~*Christy*~

Oy, I will be reaching my limit for this month soon. 1/3/07 on eBay:

Gucci Rush EdT 1 oz BNIB
    Animale Animale EdP 3.4 oz BNIB

=

current favorites:
    =

Just got back from a 2 week vacation today going to 4 different countries which means PLENTY of Duty Free shopping. I bought Espoir Pour Homme, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, VI by Givenchy, and Heir by Paris Hilton.

I really had my eye on the new Versace Man, the citrus smells soo good! Just like a mens version of D&G Light Blue. I spent to much money and I'm only 15 so I'll buy it late Spring.

3 Jan 2007 - Confidentiel: Après Tout by Fragonard
    I bought this from the Harvey Nichols in HK. It was on sale and I couldn't resist. I would love to get the Confidentiel: Mensonge for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    2nd Jan 07 - Chergui by Serge Lutens 50ml
    Lovely choice, Coco! I am sure you will love it

Yesterday I bought an Xmas coffret for a song: Youth Dew Amber Nude 30 ml EdP plus shower gel and body lotion in 100 ml. I normally wouldn't have bought a full bottle of this, but at that price, I couldn't bring myself to let it go....and I like it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Eau de Chocolat...well, strictly speaking I bought it before Christmas, but wearing it now. I made another thread about it so you can see what I thought there.

I broke down and ordered Chanel no 19 EDT... I've been toying with this one for years and the recent thread pushed me over the edge.

...two drug store cheapies, Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden and Neiges Lise Watier. So far neither really offend, which is good since they were unsniffed. The Neiges is actually quite pleasant, it really does smell like a snowy day, which is something I've been on the hunt for. And the bottle is really very pretty. I'm not as thrilled about the Sunflowers, but as I said, it doesn't offend, so that's alright.
    Last edited by pellen; 6th January 2007 at 12:45 AM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Ebay shopping: Pomegranate Noir decant and samples of Messe de Minuit and Ormonde Woman.

Nanadeberry Classic (pink) and I'm getting some awesome samples with that!

Today I bought Cacharels Gloria bath and skin oil. I have not smelled it yet, but just based on what it sounds like, I do believe I'll love it and I promised myself that this year I would not purchase anything unsniffed. Well, so much for New Years resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Nanadeberry Classic (pink) and I'm getting some awesome samples with that!
    Love that saucy bottle...please post your experience with this fragrance, it intrigues me, almost bought it blind , heard only raw natural materials are used.
    This week purchased and received decants of the following:

Ambre Sultan (sultry warmth)
    Montale Velvet Flowers (surprising beauty)
    Malle's Carnal Flower (astounding)
    Chanel Bois des Iles (similar to Feminite du Bois, imo , without as natural a feel)
    plus a bunch of Malle samples, as you know from other postings.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 6th January 2007 at 05:03 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

This week received :

50ml Caron Parfum Sacre (purchased November last year! )
    Andy Tauer Samples (all 4)
    Batch of Minis (Delices, Habanita (vintage), Givenchy III)
    Batch of minis (Eau de Rochas femme, Caron Infini parfum, Paco Rabanne Eau de Calandre, Dior Jules)
    100ml Jil Sander No.4 EDP

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

[QUOTE=rtamara41]Love that saucy bottle...please post your experience with this fragrance, it intrigues me, almost bought it blind , heard only raw natural materials are ued

I have had 2 samples of this and I loved it. It is soft but spicy . Having a sample is not quite the same to me as being able to give oneself a good spraying so I'll let you know how that goes!

...200 mL Shalimar bodylotion...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Last edited by tang; 30th October 2007 at 10:07 PM.

Ordered several days ago and received today....Chanel No19 EDP

And I am smelling soooo good right now! Used to wear this when I was a teenager and had been feeling nostalgic for it, so broke down and bought it again!

I picked up a bottle of Cacharel Amor Amor for my sister today.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

6 Jan 07 - L"Instant de Guerlain, Eau de Noel 50ml
    Bargain, I got it from a cosmetics chain for 23USD, ha ha ha

Iviore de Balmain EDT 100 ml, a blind buy, but so cheap on eBay that it was hardly worth buying a sample first. This strangely warm non-winter has me in the mood to trade the orientals for something green and floral. I have high hopes for this one.

[QUOTE=tdi]
    Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    Love that saucy bottle...please post your experience with this fragrance, it intrigues me, almost bought it blind , heard only raw natural materials are ued

I have had 2 samples of this and I loved it. It is soft but spicy . Having a sample is not quite the same to me as being able to give oneself a good spraying so I'll let you know how that goes!
    yes, please do! thank you.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sale in Bijenkorf (local store in NL)
    Hiris edT 1.6 Fl.Oz & Hiris Body Mousse: Euro 13.50
    Bought it,although on a no-buy. To good to pass!

Today I bought Cabotine body lotion. I have never been able to wear caboyine in edp or edt..but this is lovely.

I also bought Shalimar lotion

a good day at Marshall;s clearance rack

SO glad I found this thread which is more of a support group than a thread! (How many posts begin with "I broke down..."!! :bounce:

So, I broke down and got Eau des Merveilles (almost doesn't count because it was with a gift certificate from Amazon). And Tabu and Rumba and a passel of Aedes samples (mostly for a Hawk) and am not even at my limit yet. (Runs wildly from room - waving arms and credit cards...is seen vanishing into Marshall's....) :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Ordered from www.ausliebezumduft.de today: 50 ml EdT of Ozwald Boateng Parfum Bespoke Orange. (65 Euros, of which freight costs were 17...Why, oh why do I live in the middle of nowhere? )
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Nothing yet.. i am so proud of myself. I got a note yesterday, however, that my Musc Ravageur perfume and perfume oil had arrived at the post office, so i will go them them tomorrow. But that doesn´t really count

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I just bought two bottles of Feminite du Bois on ebay for $40 each!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    I just bought two bottles of Feminite du Bois on ebay for $40 each!

Amazing purchase! WELL DONE!

Today I went to that Loehmann's that Mochi227 was telling us about and I picked up Eau d'Hadrien and Cabotine. And Roma. I don't know why I got the Roma...my mom used to wear it, and I loved it then, but I haven't smelled it in years. But since I'm studying Latin I just thought it would be appropriate for some reason? Ahh, logic.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Quote Originally Posted by quinpus
    Today I went to that Loehmann's that Mochi227 was telling us about and I picked up Eau d'Hadrien and Cabotine. And Roma. I don't know why I got the Roma...my mom used to wear it, and I loved it then, but I haven't smelled it in years. But since I'm studying Latin I just thought it would be appropriate for some reason? Ahh, logic.
    Ahhh see we should call this thread "today I enabled..." LOL

I'm so glad you got the Roma! I was looking at it like "should I? shouldn't I?" I believe it was also $29,99. Today instead of frags I indulged another love and went to Victoria's Secret's year end clearance sale and got about $220 worth of goods for $95. Took the BF with me too It was a first for us, lingerie shopping together

=

current favorites:
    =

01/08/07- 10ml decant of Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax &
    another bottle of Rumba because I sent my other one to an injured friend.
    Last edited by tinker424; 8th January 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Last night I bought a bottle of Songes – I’ve wanted this for a long, long time now, and I can’t wait to receive it in mail. But, will this hold me until February I wonder? (My New Year's resolution of sorts, is to limit myself to purchasing one bottle a month, that way I will really buy only those that I REALLY, REALLY want - these purchases are only limited to buying for myself, I’ve already bought for my sister this month).

And Songes I really wanted!
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 8th January 2007 at 10:09 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Another post beginning with "I broke down and bought..."
    But it didn't take too much and I'm not feeling guilty either: I got me Black Orchid. I feel exhilarated! And the bottle is to die for ... guess I'm an easy to please girl:bounce:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    But it didn't take too much and I'm not feeling guilty either: I got me Black Orchid. I feel exhilarated! And the bottle is to die for ... guess I'm an easy to please girl:bounce:
    *drools*

=

current favorites:
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    Lucky Lady!
    I wonder when it is available here in HK

Thumbs up Re: Today I bought ... (for January 2007)

Stopped by TJ Maxx on a whim and SCORED!

The perfume/H&BA stuff is decimated post-holidays but peeking out at me was a box of Guerlain's Mahora, 1.7 oz EdP.

It had no price, so I went to the counter to inquire. The woman who runs that area walked over with me to the perfume section: "Oh, this one's $39.99." I look at her. "...But I guess I can give it to you for $24.99." So then we start looking for a SKU to copy for the price, and after no luck of finding one at that price point, I hold up a box and say "$19.99?" She said "I can't, the manger's looking at me right now." Then about 20 seconds later "Oh ok, I'll give it to you for $19.99." She goes and makes a price sticker for it and BINGO, I have my Mahora (which is a scent that's been on my wish list...double score!)

They also had a lot of Keihl's Musk No. 1 for $34.99. It really does smell a lot like MKK, but as everyone's noted, somehow less dirty. It's still pretty dirty tho Of course I had to try it and I still smell it reeking up off my wrist. Also saw Fendi 1.7 oz for $16.99 and almost bought it but somehow restrained myself.

=

current favorites:
    =

I bought a 100ml bottle of Dune. I'd been intending for a while to replace my quickly used bottle of Dune that was much loved by me in the early naughties.. but alas it isn't as punchy or enveloping as I remember. Maybe my nose has changed after a few years without it. Still, I can't complain, the bottle looks nice with the rest of my collection
    Last edited by smelly_in_melb; 11th January 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Bought a 100ml bottle of Escada's Sunset Heat and got a bonus Escada towel woohoo. Not too sure of the difference in notes between this one and Escada's Rockin Rio..it smells very similar, will have to buy the latter for more comparative research ..

01/09/07 a 5ml decant of Angelique Encens

BOO YA HA! YEAH! I got my bottle of Penhaligon's Lily Spice on the way!

I bought SJP Lovely EDP online for 27.50...the 3.4 oz bottle...my daughters have been wanting this one

Here ya go:
    TODAY I bought $100 plus change worth of makeup for a young lady (that would not be I). I then couldn't stand not to purchase something for my bloated old self (bloated in terms of item redundancy) and went for a fancy-ass bronzer and some Philosophy shower gel, fragrance lemon custard.

I also tried on some clothing that made me look pregnant and toyed with the idea of buying some Lauder Aliage, which I would likely tire of after three wearings.

I also bought myself the last month of digital cable: $101.97.

A decant of Chergui, with a bonus sample of Hermes Elixir des Merveilles.

I wasn't too sure about the Chergui at first, then it started warming up nicely, and then *poof* it just vanished on me.

...Chanel No 19, 30 mL EdP and 200 mL bodylotion.

It is my first green perfume ever, so this is an adventure for me!

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for January 2007)

1-9-07
    Jolie Madame and Mitsouko, two classic favorites I haven't had for years. And worth every penny!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    BOO YA HA! YEAH! I got my bottle of Penhaligon's Lily Spice on the way!
    :: Distinctly green with envy:: Wishing you much enjoyment my (less than) timid feline - you have just ordered your new HG!
    Last edited by moondeva; 10th January 2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

all this talk about Tabu, so found a gift set discounted 50% from the holidays with a .5 oz EdC splash, a 1.5 oz EdC spray, and a body lotion.

=

current favorites:
    =

The new one from Laura Biagiotti: Due Donna.

:bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan