Code of Conduct

Thread: 3 purchases

Default 3 purchases

i've got enough money to get 3 more cologne's to feed my addiction and i want to make good buys

currently i have..
    ferragamo subtil - kinda like it, gets annoying after a while
    guess man - love the citrus in it but have been using it too much and getting kinda tired of it (it was my first buy)
    dreamer - love it, love the tobacco, love the unique flavor
    vera wang - love it!! too bad i only have a mini
    yang - like it, don't like the bitterness but after it settles down it gives me a pleasant scent.
    michael kors - makes me feel badass, the ultimate man scent

decants of
    green irish tweed - love it! currently my favorite scent
    tabarome - love it, battling GIT for a spot on my to buy list
    himalaya - liked it, need more time to explore
    bois du portual - dislike.

so i want to purchase something creed and then two more, any recommendations for a newb?
    Last edited by sofreshsoclean; 28th December 2006 at 10:20 AM.

Default Re: 3 purchases

after applying some himalaya i've grown quite fond to this scent... i'm thinking about picking up some Paco Rabane XS since it seems like the majority opinion is that they are very similar.

Seems to me it would be advisable to get the GIT and maybe a big bottle of Vera Wang, plus the XS.

If you want to check out something different from what you have, there's the mossy green scents (Fahrenheit, 212, Kiton, Emporio Armani, Paul Smith etc) or perhaps the fig leaf ones (Salvatore Ferragamo, Obsession Night, Good life etc) worthy of some attention.

I'm a big fan of the original Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme, but wasn't too impressed with Subtil.
    Renato

did you try silver mountain water? it's a classic and one of a kind. in fact I wonder why nobody has knocked it off.

nope, i have to get a decant of SMW though... anyone willing to trade for a decant of BDP

yeah subtil isn't bad, but its definitely not good. it's boring and i definitely don't need a big 3.4 oz bottle fo this stuff.

bleh, those other creed fragrances can wait... green irish tweed will be my first creed purchase. I've honestly just fell in love with it when i first got it. At first, i thought i didn't want it since it seems to be the most popular creed fragrance and i don't like having something everyone else has but after a couple wearings i've realized WHY this is the creed fragrance everyone talks about. I wore it to work today and 2 girls told me i smelled great. this was the first time i've ever been complimented on a fragrance even though i've only been wearing cologne for about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Seems to me it would be advisable to get the GIT and maybe a big bottle of Vera Wang, plus the XS.

Renato
    Ditto - you have probably answered your own question. You should be able to get the GIT for $80US for a big bottle, and the XS very cheaply. Not sure about VW?
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

If It was my choice, i would buy something a bit different from creed say-

Acier Aluminium - the best creed imo,

a lutens creation -- Daim Blonde

and a designer , probably XS black or Michael Kors.

I Think you would be happy with those!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by sofreshsoclean
    i've got enough money to get 3 more cologne's to feed my addiction and i want to make good buys

dreamer - love it, love the tobacco, love the unique flavor
    michael kors - makes me feel badass, the ultimate man scent

decants of
    green irish tweed - love it! currently my favorite scent
    tabarome - love it, battling GIT for a spot on my to buy list
    himalaya - liked it, need more time to explore
    bois du portual - dislike.

so i want to purchase something creed and then two more, any recommendations for a newb?
    If you've got the money then obviously the niche recommendations whould do. And then you've got Dreamer and Michael - if you prefer tobacco, try Herrera for Men and Havana.

I really like Herrera for men, although I seldom see it mentioned around here.
    Last edited by wundabread; 2nd January 2007 at 12:37 AM.